Official NCAA 2010 Football Season Thread

Ole miss is a far superior program. Period

Arkansas leads that series 30-26-1.

Ole Miss hasn't won the West division since Arkansas joined the conference. Arkansas has won it three times and tied for it once.

Anything else, or are you still spouting random bullshit to prove how little you know about football?

I know my team, LSU is far superior to ark. We've won two national titles in the last decade and have a bunch of 10 win seasons. My son was on the championship team. I know plenty about football pro and college.

I know my team, LSU is far superior to ark. We've won two national titles in the last decade and have a bunch of 10 win seasons. My son was on the championship team. I know plenty about football pro and college.

I don't discount LSU's talent. They've always had a great team. Historically, they have been better than Arkansas. I don't think that's the case this year. And since Arkansas joined the SEC, the series stands at 11-7 in LSU's favor. Hardly a commanding lead, considering the discrepancy in talent over the years. It's nice to point out, though, that 6 out of the last 9 SEC Western titles were decided by the Battle for the Golden Boot.

Also, I always like to point out that while you may have been the best team in 2007, we still beat you. Live with it. :)

I'll gladly live with our two titles and your zero. Great teams often overlook mediocre ones. Well see who's rated higher pre season. I love your stadium and your fans, we tailgated and the ark folks could not have been nicer. And I like your passion for your team. I hope y'all win em all but the day after thanksgiving.

Well see who's rated higher pre season.

Yes, we will, and I'll put money on it being Arkansas.

And like I said, I don't mind being overlooked. It makes victory that much sweeter.

And historically LSU has 3 NC's, Arkansas has 1 (and tied for a second). Just so we're setting the record straight.

My team is Ohio State. Went to school there many years ago, and I've been a Buckeye football fan ever since.

Who?? ;)

I have been hearing they will be in contention...

Buckeye's are super tough, they have a better chance than the year LSU put something on them soap and water wouldn't get off.

My team is Ohio State. Went to school there many years ago, and I've been a Buckeye football fan ever since.

Who?? ;)

I have been hearing they will be in contention...

:lol:

We'll see. It's a long way until the end of the season and honestly, I haven't read anything about the team this year yet.

Early predictions (like...back in February) had them starting at #2 right behind Alabama. I also saw that NCAA Football 2011 (the video game) predicted they would win in a match over Alabama. It could finally be their year again, but we'll see. I have a hard time imagining anyone toppling Alabama.

I'm interested to see what Boise State does. Even if they have another undefeated season, they still won't make the National Championship over a one-loss SEC, Big 12, or Big 10 team. It's not like the Mountain West conference is any better than the WAC, maybe only slightly...not good enough to make Boise State a viable NC contender.

Ohio State is the most overated team since Notre Dame, niether deserved the whopping LSU put on them in thier last bowl humiliations but they got them anyway.
That said I think Pryor the Buckeye QB will be good enough this year, if they can do something about the LB and corners who run like they have parachutes attached to their backs they'll have a good shot.

:lol::lol:

Why is it that OS hates Michigan so much? I always wondered that..

Oh and...may never get to post this again.....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Keo1WMJ3AmQ&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Rammer Jammer - Texas vs Alabama Student Section[/ame]

I can only assume that by "OS" you mean tOSU ("The Ohio State University"). :tongue:

One of the oldest and the best sports rivalry on the planet. ("some say", lol)

OSU vs UM | Home

Check out the team pics (above) from each shool circa 1897... you can almost hear Robin Williams whispering "carpe diem". :lol:

There's a Wiki link too...
Michigan ? Ohio State football rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cool, thanks. They hate Michigan State too, don't they?

My BIL and SIL live in Ohio. BIL went to Oh. St., so huge fans they are..

I can only assume that by "OS" you mean tOSU ("The Ohio State University"). :tongue:

One of the oldest and the best sports rivalry on the planet. ("some say", lol)

OSU vs UM | Home

Check out the team pics (above) from each shool circa 1897... you can almost hear Robin Williams whispering "carpe diem". :lol:

There's a Wiki link too...
Michigan ? Ohio State football rivalry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cool, thanks. They hate Michigan State too, don't they?

My BIL and SIL live in Ohio. BIL went to Oh. St., so huge fans they are..

Not overly much I don't think, but as a fellow division team sure we do. I think with Michigan State is more of a flat out disrespect. (they return the favor come basketball season) We do root for MSU when they play UM anyhow. :razz:

No they hate big blue so much there's no hate left over for state.

Love Woody Hayes using "that school to the North" he wouldn't even say the name Michigan. Classic
No need for NCAA police those kids worshiped Woody and Bo so much they were afraid to mess up.

No they hate big blue so much there's no hate left over for state.

Love Woody Hayes using "that school to the North" he wouldn't even say the name Michigan. Classic
No need for NCAA police those kids worshiped Woody and Bo so much they were afraid to mess up.

LOL....Woody Hayes....remember him punching the player from the other team?? What was that for....b/c he was about to, or did score a touchdown??

Forum List

Back