Obama's Libya Victory Call = Bush's "Mission Accomplished"???

GHook93

Aristotle
Apr 22, 2007
Chicago
Anyone remember how easily we defeated Sadam's army? Anyone remember when the statute of Sadam was pulled down? Anyone remember the MISSION ACCOMPLISHED banner behind Bush? Of course we do, esp the left because they love to toss it back in the right's face! However, they forget the sense of accomplishment back then (by both the right and left). We thought it was as easy as Desert Storm, but we were wrong. The struggle was just about to begin. The feeling of accomplishment was lost quickly and forgotten!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7g_lxhNUUM&feature=player_embedded]Five Years On: The man who toppled Saddam - 09 Apr 08 - YouTube[/ame]

I believe that is what is happening now! The news is playing heart warming stories of the Islamic Rebels taking for Tripoli (just as they did with the fall of Sadam). They are making it like a Democratic free country will emerge! What they are not seeing is Libya, while ruled by an iron and unjust fist was relatively stable. It was a poor country, but it's citizens weren't starving or without water. It had less crime, AIDS, poverty and the HIGHEST standard of living of any country on the entire AFRICAN continent! That somewhat stable society has been dismantled. No one knows what will emerge, however, if it follows the trend of other African countries after a coup, you can expect violence, political and ethnic civil war, atrocities committed on both sided, famine, rape and a 10 fold increase in poverty. This is far from a MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!! In fact, Obama should learn from Bush's blunder when declaring victory to early!

In fact, while Gaddiff was in power, Libya was NOT an Al Qaeda sanctuary and they weren't developing WMD!!! They weren't a threat to us. That could and probably will change.

Now to the rebels. We don't know who they are! We don't know if they will move in Sharia law, but there are already signals that it will be part of it's structure (much like the Taliban coming to power in Afghanistan after we helped them remove the Soviets). Who says they will be pro-american? The Ficticious country of Kosovo is far from pro-American. In fact they are a Islamic terrorist hotbed! Afghanistan worked with OBL to launch 9/11! Kuwait backstab us! Sadam was disloyal after we armed him to the teeth against Iran! So what makes you think these Libyanese rebels will be any different? In fact, the greatest amount of foreign fighters in Iraq came from the Libyanese rebel ranks! THEY HAVE ALREADY BEEN FIGHTING US FOR YEARS!!!

Now to the Libyanese society. It's a tribal society. They are more loyal to their tribe than to the country (sounds like Afghanistan). Gaddiff kept them all in check. Now there is a power vacuum and their will be a power struggle! Expect ethic fighting for supremacy!

I caution libtards to scream victory too early! It can and most likely will bite you in the ARSE! It could and probably will turn into this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgrFbyx5J8c]Intense Fighting in Iraq - YouTube[/ame]

whats your point? You believed mission accomplished but dont believe Obama's victory?

whats your point? You believed mission accomplished but dont believe Obama's victory?
They can't possibly let the thought that Obama's foreign policy decisions lead to the eradication of an Islamic dictator without one single loss of an American life sink into the brackish hateful goo that's inside their brains.

It freaks out anti Obama folks when Obama's policies work regarding foreign military policy...work better than theirs.

I think the OP is trying to assert that Obama is repsonsible for Libya for the next ten years. I mean it does make sense...Bush left Obama with two unfinished wars and a trashed economy, and now it's all Obama's fault. Never underestimate the conservative Christian right.

Last edited:
They can't possibly let the thought that Obama's foreign policy decisions lead to the eradication of an Islamic dictator without one single loss of an American life sink into the brackish hateful goo that's inside their brains.

It freaks out anti Obama folks when Obama's policies work regarding foreign military policy...work better than theirs.

I think the OP is trying to assert that Obama is repsonsible for Libya for the next ten years. I mean it does make sense...Bush left Obama with two unfinished wars and a trashed economy, and now it's all Obama's fault. Never underestimate the conservative Christian right.

what 'policy'? His 'policy' was to let someone ELSE take the lead for once. So far, so good. But it's not Peace Prize worthy or anything.

Now the 10 years of rebuilding and fighting terror there starts! I could call this Obama's Iraq but lol, we're still in Iraq!

what 'policy'? His 'policy' was to let someone ELSE take the lead for once. So far, so good. But it's not Peace Prize worthy or anything.

Exactly, I thought NATO was in control.

Now its Obamas victory???? :doubt:

Dont add up to me.:confused:

Obama's Libyan policy lead to the ousting of K-daff without the loss of one single American. What's left to bitch about?....who cares who pushed the buttons and flew the missions after we got it started?

MOST people, that means used to be Obama supporters and all were against the Libya war... You neocons are still in power, America and the world are trying to get rid of you asap.

Obama's Libyan policy lead to the ousting of K-daff without the loss of one single American. What's left to bitch about?....who cares who pushed the buttons and flew the missions after we got it started?

And now we spend billions that we have to borrow to rebuild it for them, then in 30 years do it again! Whew, Obama, you're the man!

Killing people is good if American's don't die! I love the "left" just like Bush's crazy fringe right...

ACTUALLY THE DOMINO EFFECT WAS CAUSED BY THE FALL OF SADDAM HUSSEIN !!George Bush predicted this would happen!!:eusa_eh:

Yep.... problem is, we have no idea who is in control, nor who they are :eusa_eh:
It's not a problem for us....Libya has not become a country America occupies and is repsonsible for....that's what bloodthirsty interventionlist righties think getting rid of despots should entail, and obviously, mistakenly so...as evidenced by Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Libyan people are the ones responsible for the direction their contry takes, not us. Also...we don't have to spend trillions and sacrifice the lives of our young men and women cleaning up any messes, because the French and British have taken responibility for their region.

You guys just can't admit that Obama changed a government without sacrificing Americans. If Obama wouldn't have gotten it started, the Frogs, Brits, and Libyan people wouldn't have finished it.

Why can't you just say "job well done?"...Obama got OBL, and he got K-daff. Two down, and it shouldn't be hard to get rid of any Egyptian or Libyan bad guys who try to get power.

Last edited:
ACTUALLY THE DOMINO EFFECT WAS CAUSED BY THE FALL OF SADDAM HUSSEIN !!George Bush predicted this would happen!!:eusa_eh:

Yep.... problem is, we have no idea who is in control, nor who they are :eusa_eh:
It's not a problem for us....Libya has not become a country America occupies and is repsonsible for....that's how bloodthirsty interventionlist righties think getting rid of despots should entail.

The Libyan people are the ones responsible for the direction their contry takes, not us. Also...we don't have to spend trillions and sacrifice the lives of our young men and women cleaning up any messes, because the French and British have taken responibility for their region.

You guys just can't admit that Obama changed a government without sacrificing Americans. If Obama wouldn't have gotten it started, the Frogs, Brits, and Libyan people wouldn't have finished it.

Why can't you just say "job well done?"

Because its not.... he violated the war powers act, and we have no idea who will take charge over there... and yes, that CAN be a huge problem for us.

I think we shouldnt have meddled in Lybia like we did, but that just my opinion so get over it.

MOST people, that means used to be Obama supporters and all were against the Libya war... You neocons are still in power, America and the world are trying to get rid of you asap.
Are you calling me a neocon?

It's not a problem for us....Libya has not become a country America occupies and is repsonsible for....that's how bloodthirsty interventionlist righties think getting rid of despots should entail.

Why can't you just say "job well done?"

Because its not.... he violated the war powers act, and we have no idea who will take charge over there... and yes, that CAN be a huge problem for us.

I think we shouldnt have meddled in Lybia like we did, but that just my opinion so get over it.
Ahhhh...the olde "I'm right now stop talking!" approach....it's almost as effective as the "lah lah lah I can't hear you" (fingers in the ears approach.

I know you'll hate it if Libya does okay, and we don't have to send Americans to thier death over it. Misery loves company, and the right need company in their "we killed young Americans because we're stupid" club.

Last edited:

link?

It's not at all far fetched. I had a thread on this some time ago, where I thought that some of the refugees from Iraq might actually be involved in some of this.

In any case..Iraq provides a platform to work from. Popular movements in the middle east believe it's possible to topple dictatorships.

Which may or may not be a bad thing.

Forum List

Back