obama's labor department cooks the numbers of new jobs in Octobers report.

Please stop producing those lies no wait please produce those lies you seem to envision in your head.

Can you articulate exactly how BLS should report payroll numbers differently?

Because theres only one way to report them....

I can articulate anything, but that's not going to change old existing jobs into new jobs. But You're foolish to believe the shit don't let me stop you. On second thought why don't you report me to the white house web site for giving out what you think is false information.

"to change old existing jobs into new jobs"

again...the monthly non-farm payrolls are a measure of how many people are currently on business payrolls. It is not a measure of how many new jobs are created. Stop getting mad because you dont understand what BLS is reporting.

The businesses are the ones giving BLS the numbers....bls is just adding them together...

Imagine this scenario.

There are 1000 businesses in some imaginary country. Each of those 1000 businesses have a certain number of people employed, and on their payroll. Each business reports that number to the Department of Labor on a regular basis. The Department of Labor adds all those numbers from all the businesses together, and publishes it monthly along with a slew of other statistics.

What is propagandistic in this? If anything, it just proves how biased you are. You see an obama conspiracy in the normal workings of the department of labor. Even the raging conservatives on this board have come out and said your wrong.

Now understand this in the context of the Verizon strike:

The business removed those people from their payrolls in august, and their payrolls shrunk to abnormally low levels. The business then added them back to their payrolls in october, and their payrolls rose back to normal levels.

Are you just a giant troll? You have to just be a troll. No one is really this dumb.

Last edited:
Can you articulate exactly how BLS should report payroll numbers differently?

Because theres only one way to report them....

I can articulate anything, but that's not going to change old existing jobs into new jobs. But You're foolish to believe the shit don't let me stop you. On second thought why don't you report me to the white house web site for giving out what you think is false information.

"to change old existing jobs into new jobs"

again...the monthly non-farm payrolls are a measure of how many people are currently on business payrolls. It is not a measure of how many new jobs are created. Stop getting mad because you dont understand what BLS is reporting.

The businesses are the ones giving BLS the numbers....bls is just adding them together...

Yada yada yada old existing jobs are not new jobs

OH I'm very calm read the fucking source. The numbers have been cooked old is not new. I don't care what country you go to old existing will still be old not new.

Do you at least understand that it was the British reporter who decided to call them new jobs and not the Obama administration, not the Bureau of Labor Statistics?

Do you still dispute that??????

Do you start to understand the government is lying to you? Old existing jobs is not new jobs

A reporter for the UK's Guardian is not 'the government'. Why are you being like this? Even your conservative pals are coming into this thread and telling you you're wrong.

Do you at least understand that it was the British reporter who decided to call them new jobs and not the Obama administration, not the Bureau of Labor Statistics?

Do you still dispute that??????

Do you start to understand the government is lying to you? Old existing jobs is not new jobs

A reporter for the UK's Guardian is not 'the government'. Why are you being like this? Even your conservative pals are coming into this thread and telling you you're wrong.

I will believe something outside the U.S. way before I believe the news media in the US they have to much invested in the government to tell the actual truth, and they have yet to tell the truth about anything.

I will believe something outside the U.S. way before I believe the news media in the US they have to much invested in the government to tell the actual truth, and they have yet to tell the truth about anything.

So why dont you listen to the any one of the private payroll companies, like ADP, that more or less agree with BLS's numbers.

So why dont you listen to the any one of the private payroll companies, like ADP, that more or less agree with BLS's numbers.

One more time old existing jobs don't equate to new jobs anyone with some common sense can see that do you have common sense?

One more time old existing jobs don't equate to new jobs anyone with some common sense can see that do you have common sense?

So the private companies that handle payrolls for other companies...these are in on the obama conspiracy as well??

You keep repeating this line over and over. I agree, ive already said that. People coming back to work arent new jobs. No one is claming they are. ADP isnt, BLS isnt, i am not. your basically screaming into the air.

You will PRETEND to believe any lie that you believe gives YOU a rationalization to lie!

Yet YOUR lie depends on that equation!!!

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
- Albert Einstein

You will PRETEND to believe any lie that you believe gives YOU a rationalization to lie!

You pretending to be smart is just make believe, you aren't your just ed the liar

Yet YOUR lie depends on that equation!!!

Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.
- Albert Einstein

ed the liar has never told to truth to my knowledge

If ed the liar was the titanic and the truth was the Iceberg the titanic would have never sunk because the truth never hit ed the liar.

The unemployment number and the payroll number come from two seperate surveys, so it's not unusual for them to be out of sync.

When a company shut's down for the holidays, when they return to work is that considered new jobs add to the economy?

Technically no, that's why they state the numbers as being "seasonally adjusted" to smooth out the fluctuations caused by those sort of factors.

If the workers were all laid off and the owners sold the company to new people that hired the old workforce, then yes. It happens so rarely that we don't have to worry about it.

BLS numbers are good. They're not perfect but no tools are perfect. As with other tools the big problem is with the person who uses them. Right now we got people trying to do economics complaining about their tools, and we all know that it's a very poor carpenter that blames his tools for his bad workmanship.

These workers were striking workers returning to work.

You realize that even the conservatives that are normally on this board are coming out to say that your wrong, right??

What problem do you have with BLS reporting people that are temporarily out of work? Thats the whole point...

Is it that you somehow think a person out of work because of a strike has no effect on the economy??? because it does....

It does affect the real world economy, yes. However they adjust it so we can get a better idea about what's going with underlying economic trends. Otherwise it would be foolish to steer monetary and govt policy based on numbers being skewed by say a strike at Verizon.

Ok, simple thing, we just correct the numbers the way bigrebnc wants. Now, the Aug and Sep numbers have been revised so we'll go with the most current for Jul to Oct.
Jul to Aug change was +104,000, Aug to Sep was +158,000 and Sep to Oct was +80,000 So total change from Jul (131,174,000) to Oct (131,516,000) is +342,000

Well, let's fix it the way bigrebnc wants. Since he insists the striker's jobs are existing jobs, we can't take them out, so instead of +104,000 (which subtracted the strikers) we have to include them making the real increase +149,000. And we don't include them in September as they're not new jobs, so the increase from Aug to Sep is now only +113,000 (instead of +158,000) and the Sep to Oct increase is now +80,000 for a total change from Aug to Oct of +342,000

There, he should be happy now we haven't included the strikers as new jobs.

So now you're saying you believe the UK reporter who called them new jobs.

WTF??!!

So now you're saying you believe the UK reporter who called them new jobs.

WTF??!!

old jobs are not new jobs. What have you been sniffing to thing old jobs are new jobs?

If the workers were all laid off and the owners sold the company to new people that hired the old workforce, then yes. It happens so rarely that we don't have to worry about it.

BLS numbers are good. They're not perfect but no tools are perfect. As with other tools the big problem is with the person who uses them. Right now we got people trying to do economics complaining about their tools, and we all know that it's a very poor carpenter that blames his tools for his bad workmanship.

You realize that even the conservatives that are normally on this board are coming out to say that your wrong, right??

What problem do you have with BLS reporting people that are temporarily out of work? Thats the whole point...

Is it that you somehow think a person out of work because of a strike has no effect on the economy??? because it does....
Point me to one conservative in this thread.

It does affect the real world economy, yes. However they adjust it so we can get a better idea about what's going with underlying economic trends. Otherwise it would be foolish to steer monetary and govt policy based on numbers being skewed by say a strike at Verizon.
Some just don't see it that way.

Forum List

Back