Obama's friends

That is exactly what I expected from you.
Both of your assumptions are useless hyperbole, I expect nothing else from you.
He talks to one of them and won't talk to the other. That is a fact, not hyperbole.
Too many of you expect our relationship with Israel to be unconditional no matter what they do. There have been a long line of Israeli leaders who feel totally safe being tyrannical because they know for a fact that we will come running if the shit hits the fan. I applaud Obama for sending a message that there are repercussions to taking our alliance for granted.

The Cuba embargo is nothing more than a cold war relic, no reason to keep it up seeing as how we now trade with Russia and China.

Once Russia pulled it's support and financial aid to Cuba, Venezuela took their place. With the drop in oil prices, Venezuela could no longer give Castro any more financial aid. If Obama had not came running to the rescue, there was a very good chance that the Cuban people would have overthrown the Castro brothers and their Communist regime and, with the help of the US, installed a democracy. Now, that just won't happen.
"Running to the rescue"? The Cuban people have had fifty years to overthrow the Castros whose main political excuse for everything has always been to blame the embargo. You want them overthrown? Take away their excuse and if things still suck maybe then the Cuban people will act.

Too late now. Obama has taken the place of Russia and Venezuela. Cuba may do well with the influx of tourists, but the communist regime will bank most of the money.

Both of your assumptions are useless hyperbole, I expect nothing else from you.
He talks to one of them and won't talk to the other. That is a fact, not hyperbole.
Too many of you expect our relationship with Israel to be unconditional no matter what they do. There have been a long line of Israeli leaders who feel totally safe being tyrannical because they know for a fact that we will come running if the shit hits the fan. I applaud Obama for sending a message that there are repercussions to taking our alliance for granted.

The Cuba embargo is nothing more than a cold war relic, no reason to keep it up seeing as how we now trade with Russia and China.

Once Russia pulled it's support and financial aid to Cuba, Venezuela took their place. With the drop in oil prices, Venezuela could no longer give Castro any more financial aid. If Obama had not came running to the rescue, there was a very good chance that the Cuban people would have overthrown the Castro brothers and their Communist regime and, with the help of the US, installed a democracy. Now, that just won't happen.
"Running to the rescue"? The Cuban people have had fifty years to overthrow the Castros whose main political excuse for everything has always been to blame the embargo. You want them overthrown? Take away their excuse and if things still suck maybe then the Cuban people will act.

Too late now. Obama has taken the place of Russia and Venezuela. Cuba may do well with the influx of tourists, but the communist regime will bank most of the money.
China's communist regime pockets a LOT of American cash, why the double standard?

It seems strange to me, but Obama's new best friend is Raul Castro and his new worst enemy is Bibi Netanyahu. Maybe it is just me, but something is wrong with this picture.
The situation proves Obama to have no friends. Bibi and Raul are just fellow traveller. I understand why. Traitor can't have any friend. The picture is clear.

Forum List

Back