Obama To Cut carbon pollution by up to 25%

Will Obama's cuts in Carbon Pollution Raise Energy Prices?

• I don't care. We must save the planet.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
Obama to unveil historic climate change plan to cut US carbon pollution | Environment | theguardian.com

President Barack Obama will unveil a plan on Monday that will cut carbon pollution from power plants and promote cap-and-trade, undertaking the most significant action on climate change in American history.

The proposed regulations Obama will launch at the White House on Monday could cut carbon pollution by as much as 25% from about 1,600 power plants in operation today, according to those claiming familiarity with the plan.

Power plants are the country's single biggest source of carbon pollution – responsible for up to 40% of the country's emissions.

The rules, which were drafted by the Environmental Protection Agency and are under review by the White House, are expected to do more than Obama, or any other president, has done so far to reduce the carbon dioxide emissions responsible for climate change.

They will put America on course to meet its international climate goal, and put US diplomats in a better position to leverage climate commitments from big polluters such as China and India, Obama said in a speech to West Point graduates this week.

“I intend to make sure America is out front in a global framework to preserve our planet,” he said. “American influence is always stronger when we lead by example. We can not exempt ourselves from the rules that apply to everyone else.”

Which will be done via Executive Order...........

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/29/u...arply-curb-power-plants-carbon-emissions.html

WASHINGTON — President Obama will use his executive authority to cut carbon emissions from the nation’s coal-fired power plants by up to 20 percent, according to people familiar with his plans, which will spur the creation of a state cap-and-trade program forcing industry to pay for the carbon pollution it creates.

Will this Decision Raise Energy Prices for all in the U.S.?
Did our Congress Agree with Cap N Trade?

Obama to unveil historic climate change plan to cut US carbon pollution | Environment | theguardian.com

President Barack Obama will unveil a plan on Monday that will cut carbon pollution from power plants and promote cap-and-trade, undertaking the most significant action on climate change in American history.

The proposed regulations Obama will launch at the White House on Monday could cut carbon pollution by as much as 25% from about 1,600 power plants in operation today, according to those claiming familiarity with the plan.

Power plants are the country's single biggest source of carbon pollution – responsible for up to 40% of the country's emissions.

The rules, which were drafted by the Environmental Protection Agency and are under review by the White House, are expected to do more than Obama, or any other president, has done so far to reduce the carbon dioxide emissions responsible for climate change.

They will put America on course to meet its international climate goal, and put US diplomats in a better position to leverage climate commitments from big polluters such as China and India, Obama said in a speech to West Point graduates this week.

“I intend to make sure America is out front in a global framework to preserve our planet,” he said. “American influence is always stronger when we lead by example. We can not exempt ourselves from the rules that apply to everyone else.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/05/29/u...arply-curb-power-plants-carbon-emissions.html

WASHINGTON — President Obama will use his executive authority to cut carbon emissions from the nation’s coal-fired power plants by up to 20 percent, according to people familiar with his plans, which will spur the creation of a state cap-and-trade program forcing industry to pay for the carbon pollution it creates.

"Executive authority" is not the same thing as an "Executive Order".

"Executive authority" is not the same thing as an "Executive Order".

Thanks for that info............He is going to attempt to push it through via the EPA.

I think if Democrats were really serious about climate change they would....

Shut down all power plants.
Remove 50% of all cars from the road.
Start population control...Reduce the American population by 150,000 every year.

Stop being such pussies Libs

Start population control...Reduce the American population by 150,000 every year.

Typical conservatard doubletalk. When it concerns the Second Amendment, "hurrrr, gunz dnt kill ppl, ppl kill ppl!11" But now, for climate change control, you're all for blaming the instrument rather than the person using it. You can't have it both ways.

Personally, I don't believe that we should blame power plants or cars. Instead, we should blame the mentally ill individuals using them. This ties into your third point of population reduction; using DMV records, it would be quite easy to identify and either deport, imprison, or execute 1 million car drivers per year. This is my policy on dealing with carbon emissions, and has been for quite some time. You aren't introducing anything new, conservatard, you're merely revealing exactly how far behind the curve you are.

The Regulatory Death of Energy in America

The reality, as noted by the Bipartisan Policy Center, a policy research organization founded by former Senate leaders from both parties, was quoted in the May 26 edition of The Wall Street Journal saying “A 25% reduction (of CO2) with a 2015 baseline might make it impossible for some companies to operate”, noting that the cap-and-trade policies of emissions allowances that the EPA is putting in place “amounts to a hidden tax” on a whole range of electrical generation and industrial plants that produce CO2 emissions. The EPA will likely use the term “budget program” to avoid “cap-and-trade”, a proposal that was rejected by Congress.

Writing in Commentary, Jonathan S. Tobin, said that the new regulations on carbon emissions “will have a potentially devastating impact on America’s more than 600 coal-fired power plants” noting that “the move was made possible by Supreme Court decisions that ruled that the Environmental Protection Agency had the right to regulate (CO2) emissions, giving the President virtual carte blanche to remake this sector of our economy without requiring congressional consent.”

Typical conservatard doubletalk. When it concerns the Second Amendment, "hurrrr, gunz dnt kill ppl, ppl kill ppl!11" But now, for climate change control, you're all for blaming the instrument rather than the person using it. You can't have it both ways.

Personally, I don't believe that we should blame power plants or cars. Instead, we should blame the mentally ill individuals using them. This ties into your third point of population reduction; using DMV records, it would be quite easy to identify and either deport, imprison, or execute 1 million car drivers per year. This is my policy on dealing with carbon emissions, and has been for quite some time. You aren't introducing anything new, conservatard, you're merely revealing exactly how far behind the curve you are.

Understand Sarcasm Much?

So, anyone who uses power or drives a car is mentally ill...............Please turn off your power now............Of course you will not have power to post anymore.

Enjoy..................

Obama has already helped kill off 10% of the Coal Fired Plants.

I thought Obamacare would accomplish the necessary reduction in live people in America. Do liberals have another plan to kill people up their sleeves ?

I still haven't figured out whether you're serious or trying to be caricature of a liberal. The thing is: liberals are stupid enough to say the things you say. That's what makes it so hard to tell the difference. It's almost impossible to go over the top in exaggerating what liberals say.

Last edited:
Obama will probably tell us that this will cut our energy bills by 20 %
Similar to...

If you like your....

Well we all know the lies he told..

Actually no, he said under his plan electricity bills would necessarily skyrocket. They will, for once he told the truth, that's why the dem senate killed it in 2010, when they had both houses of congress. This will be the gift that keeps on giving in republican races.

Understand Sarcasm Much?

So, anyone who uses power or drives a car is mentally ill...............Please turn off your power now............Of course you will not have power to post anymore.

Enjoy..................
"durrrrrr tern ur computer off lol ur dum xD" is not an argument. Try again, conservatard.

Obama has already helped kill off 10% of the Coal Fired Plants.
And good for him. President Obama is truly doing great work by putting an end to the pollution caused by the coal industry. Unless, of course, you want to live in a smog-filled hellhole.

I thought Obamacare would accomplish the necessary reduction in live people in America. Do liberals have another plan to kill people up their sleeves ?
Suppose you are in a sinking boat in the middle of the ocean. Suppose there are five other people in the boat who are doing nothing. You have two choices. You can start to bail and hope others will join you OR you can sit with the five and do nothing. If you do nothing the boat would quickly sink. If you bail it may still sink but other people may join you and help bail. What are you going to do?
If I were the person in the boat I would start to bail and hope help comes. That is what people who have common sense and who are smart would do. However, if you are a member of the gop you will do nothing except bitch and complain how it is all Obama's fault.
Jindal was right when he basically admitted the gop was stupid! Is it any wonder people are leaving the stupid party in bunches.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back