Obama should pardon all people serving time for pot

Those drugs don't need to be legal, because they are highly addictive and have no medicinal value whatsoever.

Marijuana however? It is not physically addictive, can be used to treat many different illnesses, and currently, is being researched as a way to wean people off of heroin, because it helps with shakes, nausea, pain management and appetite enhancement, things that every heroin addict going through withdrawl needs. And, in the year that they've been trying it, they have about a 50 to 60 percent success rate of keeping people off of heroin. Dunno if you know much about drug addiction, but those kind of stats for helping heroin addicts are pretty much stellar. It keeps them off of methadone as well.

I've lost several friends due to pot. Yes, they were addicted as well, so I don't buy this nonsense that it's a non-additive drug when I've seen it first hand multiple times.
Where did they get lost at? Were they high when they got lost? Or were you high and lost them when having a case of the munchies and were standing at a hot dog cart?
Ray is correct, there are documented cases of people dying from smoking pot.
However, it is so rare because in order to die from pot you have to smoke enough to actually disrupt your involuntary motor functions enough to bring on death, and before you get to that point, you would 99.9% of the time nod out and fall asleep and stay that way until someone crinkled a potato chip bag or maybe the smell of nacho's drifted past your nose. And yes, it is being recognized now as addictive physically and mentally with extremely excessive use.
to die you somehow have to skip the nodding out part. That is one tough thing to do when you consider the trip from point A (not high) to point C (dead) is linier and point B (passed out and in danger of waking up with shit drawn on you in permanent ink) is between A and C.

Those drugs don't need to be legal, because they are highly addictive and have no medicinal value whatsoever.

Marijuana however? It is not physically addictive, can be used to treat many different illnesses, and currently, is being researched as a way to wean people off of heroin, because it helps with shakes, nausea, pain management and appetite enhancement, things that every heroin addict going through withdrawl needs. And, in the year that they've been trying it, they have about a 50 to 60 percent success rate of keeping people off of heroin. Dunno if you know much about drug addiction, but those kind of stats for helping heroin addicts are pretty much stellar. It keeps them off of methadone as well.

I've lost several friends due to pot. Yes, they were addicted as well, so I don't buy this nonsense that it's a non-additive drug when I've seen it first hand multiple times.
Where did they get lost at? Were they high when they got lost? Or were you high and lost them when having a case of the munchies and were standing at a hot dog cart?
However, it is so rare because in order to die from pot you have to smoke enough to actually disrupt your involuntary motor functions enough to bring on death, and before you get to that point, you would 99.9% of the time nod out and fall asleep and stay that way until someone crinkled a potato chip bag or maybe the smell of nacho's drifted past your nose. And yes, it is being recognized now as addictive physically and mentally with extremely excessive use.
to die you somehow have to skip the nodding out part. That is one tough thing to do when you consider the trip from point A (not high) to point C (dead) is linier and point B (passed out and in danger of waking up with shit drawn on you in permanent ink) is between A and C.
Compared to booze. Pot is much safer...

Compared to booze. Pot is much safer...
very true. Pot is not harsh on the organs like alcohol.

And believe it or not, some have allergies to pot.

Several years ago I was sitting on my couch listening to my police scanner when I heard my address called out by the dispatcher. I went outside to see what was going on, and my new tenant had some friends over from New York for a small party. These were young people and apparently, one of them tried pot for the first time in his life. It didn't agree with him and he was not able to breathe very well. He was breathing but could't get oxygen into his system. Long story short, they hauled him out of here in an ambulance cot and had to be treated for the reaction. The hospital made him stay overnight.

IF you really believe in smaller government...Well, Trump should cut the fucking law book in half and start by legalizing all drugs.

Yeah unlimited access to heroin, meth, crack...what could possibly go wrong?

Legalizing all drugs will winnow the chaff from the wheat. I have smoked pot for over 40 years and it never hurt me and in fact think it is a healthful herb. I tried hard drugs a long time ago which gave me a strong rush and hurt me both financially and physically. Let the People individually decide what drugs to use and what drugs not to use and keep the nanny state out of it.

Last edited:

They became very strange. They started to imagine things that never happened. They became paranoid and thought their friends were plotting against them.

One of them was a very close friend. Granted, he smoked pot his entire adult life, but as he got older, he got more and more paranoid. Years and years of the stuff finally caught up with him. He was telling me about another friend of ours that he seen in a bar, and this friend of ours ignored him like he wasn't even there. He not only described this friend, but his girlfriend as well.

So I spoke our friend about it and he was nowhere near that bar; never been to the place in his life. In fact, he was out of state at the time for Bikers Week in Florida, and I don't doubt his word because when he was a tenant here, he went every single year religiously.

After a while my friend became paranoid about me, telling my other friends how I was conspiring against him, so that was the end of that friendship. A year or so went by and I seen some guys that still hung around with him. They told me the guy got rid of them as well pretty much for the same reason. He changed his phone number and never gave them the new one.

I tried pot once, but I didn't exhale and I've been happy about it ever since.

Why any freedom loving person thinks it's okay for government to dictate to adults what they can and cannot put into there own bodies is beyond me. Why would anybody want a gang of corrupt politicians and bureaucrats that can't even manage to balance a checkbook telling them what they can eat, smoke or drink? not to mention all the untold violence, misery and waste of resources the black markets created by these sorts of idiotic bans.

Legalizing all drugs will winnow the chaff from the wheat. I have smoked pot for over 40 years and it never hurt me and in fact think it is a healthful herb. I tried hard drugs a long time ago which gave me a strong rush and hurt me both financially and physically. Let the People individually decide what drugs to use and what drugs not to use and keep the nanny state out of it.

Pot is like anything else, it has different effects on different people.

Some people can only drink alcohol when they go out. Others have one drink and they become a drunk the rest of their lives. I know people that snorted coke occasionally. Some can do that while with others, one snort and their entire life is gone. Their money is gone, they lose their job, their family, their home in a few cases I know of. One guy I know lost his entire business that was handed to him by his father.

One guy I knew years ago was addicted to pot. A very intelligent man. He was a respiratory therapist for our company, and was studying to be a RN. He himself admitted he was addicted to pot, but there was little he could do about it.

Pot is like anything else, it has different effects on different people.

Some people can only drink alcohol when they go out. Others have one drink and they become a drunk the rest of their lives. I know people that snorted coke occasionally. Some can do that while with others, one snort and their entire life is gone. Their money is gone, they lose their job, their family, their home in a few cases I know of. One guy I know lost his entire business that was handed to him by his father.

One guy I knew years ago was addicted to pot. A very intelligent man. He was a respiratory therapist for our company, and was studying to be a RN. He himself admitted he was addicted to pot, but there was little he could do about it.

Pot should be used in moderation because it is very expensive on the black market. On the job site one should be very wary of smoking pot because you might lose a finger or arm. Lose a finger on the job site and the company tests you for pot. If pot is found in your system then workman's comp is automatically denied.

They became very strange. They started to imagine things that never happened. They became paranoid and thought their friends were plotting against them.

One of them was a very close friend. Granted, he smoked pot his entire adult life, but as he got older, he got more and more paranoid. Years and years of the stuff finally caught up with him. He was telling me about another friend of ours that he seen in a bar, and this friend of ours ignored him like he wasn't even there. He not only described this friend, but his girlfriend as well.

So I spoke our friend about it and he was nowhere near that bar; never been to the place in his life. In fact, he was out of state at the time for Bikers Week in Florida, and I don't doubt his word because when he was a tenant here, he went every single year religiously.

After a while my friend became paranoid about me, telling my other friends how I was conspiring against him, so that was the end of that friendship. A year or so went by and I seen some guys that still hung around with him. They told me the guy got rid of them as well pretty much for the same reason. He changed his phone number and never gave them the new one.
their pot was laced.
for them to have that reaction there were areas of the brain being affected that pot is unable to alter on its own.
It wasnt the pot that killed them, it was the PCP, or DMT etc... that it was laced with.
as far as knowing what areas or what receptors will be affected by a drug you only need to basically know the "shape" of the molecule that interacts with the receptors. receptors can only accept certain shapes of molecules, consider it like that toy that kids get with the blocks shaped like a square or a circle etc.. and then they have to put the right block through the right hole. Same basic principal with the receptors, can only accept the right stimulus.
So from that we know where the pot is going to be able to affect, then we have the reactions to the stimulated receptors, which from your discription is more in the frontal lobe than the cerebral cortex, this indicates that the pot had to be laced. If not, those reactions could not have taken place.
Of course it can be further narrowed down by which drugs are able to break whats called the blood/brain barrier too. but that starts getting into a completely different set of parameters.

IF you really believe in smaller government...Well, Trump should cut the fucking law book in half and start by legalizing all drugs.

Yeah unlimited access to heroin, meth, crack...what could possibly go wrong?

talk about a dry drunk.
You're still in denial.

Obama should pardon all the people that are currently serving time for doing pot. IT is a waste of resources for these people to remain in prison.

Why not just pardon all Democrats of every crime they've ever done? Circumventing justice on a blanket level is just so great for Democracy!

Why any freedom loving person thinks it's okay for government to dictate to adults what they can and cannot put into there own bodies is beyond me. Why would anybody want a gang of corrupt politicians and bureaucrats that can't even manage to balance a checkbook telling them what they can eat, smoke or drink? not to mention all the untold violence, misery and waste of resources the black markets created by these sorts of idiotic bans.
Still holding in that toke from the refeer?

Hold in a toke long enough, and the lungs will absorb all of the smoke, so that when you exhale, you don't see anything.

Common term is called "ghosting" and it's hard to do, especially with good quality herb.

Hold in a toke long enough, and the lungs will absorb all of the smoke, so that when you exhale, you don't see anything.

Common term is called "ghosting" and it's hard to do, especially with good quality herb.
Or you didn't get a good hit...

Pot should be used in moderation because it is very expensive on the black market. On the job site one should be very wary of smoking pot because you might lose a finger or arm. Lose a finger on the job site and the company tests you for pot. If pot is found in your system then workman's comp is automatically denied.

I've never heard of that. I do know that many companies do drug test to get cheaper rates on Workman's Compensation, but they can't deny anybody benefits otherwise the employee would be able to sue their company.

But pot is a major problem in employment these days. I know in the heart of the recession when my employer was looking to find a driver, he couldn't find anybody. The people that were willing to accept the job quickly changed their minds when my employer told them their employment was based on them being able to pass a drug test.

This goes back to my earlier statement that pot is addictive for many people. We've all seen professional athletes sacrifice their careers because they couldn't stop smoking pot. My father is a retired bricklayer, and his union couldn't find new recruits to become bricklayers because all their applicants smoked pot.

It seems that pot smoking is just more than recreational for a lot of people. They are addicted to the stuff. Either that, or getting a job or learning a new career just isn't a priority anymore in America today.

I've never heard of that. I do know that many companies do drug test to get cheaper rates on Workman's Compensation, but they can't deny anybody benefits otherwise the employee would be able to sue their company.

But pot is a major problem in employment these days. I know in the heart of the recession when my employer was looking to find a driver, he couldn't find anybody. The people that were willing to accept the job quickly changed their minds when my employer told them their employment was based on them being able to pass a drug test.

This goes back to my earlier statement that pot is addictive for many people. We've all seen professional athletes sacrifice their careers because they couldn't stop smoking pot. My father is a retired bricklayer, and his union couldn't find new recruits to become bricklayers because all their applicants smoked pot.

It seems that pot smoking is just more than recreational for a lot of people. They are addicted to the stuff. Either that, or getting a job or learning a new career just isn't a priority anymore in America today.

No... when you have an on the job injury the first thing the companies do is send you for a random drug test. If it comes back positive... you're fucked. You won't get any benefits.

Also let me add a few things I've read through studying pot. Most people that become addicted to pot already have additive personalities, so if they hadn't become addicted to pot, it could just as easily been something else.

Also, when it comes to pot being a gateway drug? A lot of researchers admit they can't make that claim because the same urge that got people to try pot, can and probably is the same urge that gets them to try another drug.

No... when you have an on the job injury the first thing the companies do is send you for a random drug test. If it comes back positive... you're fucked. You won't get any benefits.

Also let me add a few things I've read through studying pot. Most people that become addicted to pot already have additive personalities, so if they hadn't become addicted to pot, it could just as easily been something else.

Also, when it comes to pot being a gateway drug? A lot of researchers admit they can't make that claim because the same urge that got people to try pot, can and probably is the same urge that gets them to try another drug.

I wasn't sure about that so I did a little digging around on the subject. I found two cases in two different states where the employee was denied benefits, but overturned by various courts. So I guess it would depend on what state you live in.

Want to know what the true gateway drug is? Alcohol. Why? It reduces your inhibitions and you will do things drunk that you wouldn't do normally, like going home with an ugly person, or taking drugs if they are offered to you.

If you smoke marijuana, your inhibitions are still there, and stuff you wouldn't do normally sober, you won't do while stoned.

Forum List

Back