Obama making bid to diversify wealthy neighborhoods

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
This sort of thing is already common in many cities. Poor people are given vouchers for 90% of the rent in ritzy apartments. They bring their drugs and crime and cockroaches with them.

Obama making bid to diversify wealthy neighborhoods TheHill

june 11 2015
The Obama administration is moving forward with regulations designed to help diversify America’s wealthier neighborhoods, drawing fire from critics who decry the proposal as executive overreach in search of an “unrealistic utopia.”

A final Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) rule due out this month is aimed at ending decades of deep-rooted segregation around the country.

The regulations would use grant money as an incentive for communities to build affordable housing in more affluent areas while also taking steps to upgrade poorer areas with better schools, parks, libraries, grocery stores and transportation routes as part of a gentrification of those communities.

Low lifes gonna be low lifes. Don't matter where you put them, they still gonna be low life scum.

Seen it a hundred times. It never works. Never has. Never will.

This sort of thing is already common in many cities. Poor people are given vouchers for 90% of the rent in ritzy apartments. They bring their drugs and crime and cockroaches with them.

Dumbass, you don't even know what you're talking about. The idea that is being put forward here is to simply do something that already happens every day across the country, and target it to certain areas. It has nothing to do with giving vouchers to people. It's about targeting grant money to be available to certain areas.

Towns and cities are constantly seeking, and receiving, federal grant money for things like building parks, upgrading schools and libraries, housing development, etc. Most of the time, this money is used by towns who are strapped for cash but have some kind of community development initiative they want to move forward with. The funds might allow the town to renovate an old school, upgrade textbooks or technological equipment, turn an overgrown empty lot into a park or playground, etc. The town might also be able to use funding to dole out local grants or funding for housing initiatives. For example, the town could partially fund the construction of an apartment complex that will participate in federal tax credits programs that make possible to prorate rent based on income, etc.

Last edited:
Low lifes gonna be low lifes. Don't matter where you put them, they still gonna be low life scum.

Seen it a hundred times. It never works. Never has. Never will.
Some time ago I was staying at the Hampton Inn in Gaithersburg, MD. Every time I went out to my car or to smoke, I was besieged by ?homeless? bumming cigarettes or money. I finally complained to the front desk and was informed there were 25 families from D.C. who were waiting for Section 8 housing in nearby Germantown and all had been living in the hotel for about 9 months. I haven't figured up what amount was spent by the government for those 25 rooms but I was paying $149.00 a day plus tax. Also they all had bus passes for Montgomery County public buses. Montgomery County,MD has the highest per capita income in the US so apparently Obumblefuk is setting an example there for those ultra-rich 1% bastards.

• Banned
. It has nothing to do with giving vouchers to people.
. For example, the town could partially fund the construction of an apartment complex that will participate in federal tax credits programs that make possible to prorate rent based on income, etc.

Prorate rent based on income? That's a voucher, einstein.

• Banned
[

Some time ago I was staying at the Hampton Inn in Gaithersburg, MD. Every time I went out to my car or to smoke, I was besieged by ?homeless? bumming cigarettes or money. I finally complained to the front desk and was informed there were 25 families from D.C. who were waiting for Section 8 housing in nearby Germantown and all had been living in the hotel for about 9 months. I haven't figured up what amount was spent by the government for those 25 rooms but I was paying $149.00 a day plus tax. Also they all had bus passes for Montgomery County public buses. Montgomery County,MD has the highest per capita income in the US so apparently Obumblefuk is setting an example there for those ultra-rich 1% bastards.

Obozo does the same with illegals. The govt admits they spend $300 a DAY feeding and sheltering each of them!!!

What's different under obama is that his policy deliberately targets higher income areas. It's easy to promise federal grant money for public works projects in exchange for low income housing. It's not so easy when the area is so wealthy that they neither need nor want federal money.

According to the article there is a very real problem of realtors not showing poor black families homes in wealthy areas. Is there some imaginary point to be made in showing poor people homes that they could not possibly afford?

According to the article there is a very real problem of realtors not showing poor black families homes in wealthy areas. Is there some imaginary point to be made in showing poor people homes that they could not possibly afford?
The point is they can afford it if we give them more welfare. If we give them 90% of the cost of the home as welfare, their 1/10th of the necessary income for the home might cover the note.

The prior neighborhood I was in they did this idea bringing in a poor family into the neighborhood to live with doctors, lawyers, and other high paid professionals. They did not really fit in very well, they did not maintain the house at all. They got pissed at the HOA notices telling them to maintain their lawn. I don't know.... maybe they expected someone to maintain it for them since they were being paid to live there.

The point is they can afford it if we give them more welfare. If we give them 90% of the cost of the home as welfare, their 1/10th of the necessary income for the home might cover the note.

The prior neighborhood I was in they did this idea bringing in a poor family into the neighborhood to live with doctors, lawyers, and other high paid professionals. They did not really fit in very well, they did not maintain the house at all. They got pissed at the HOA notices telling them to maintain their lawn. I don't know.... maybe they expected someone to maintain it for them since they were being paid to live there.
That might work with middle class neighborhoods but not in wealthy neighborhoods where the homes are upwards of two million dollars and the taxes are more than the annual income of the poor family.

Even middle class neighborhoods are protecting themselves with a community where the land is never owned. It is leased from the developer. Buying a home only buys the structure. My son lives in a community like this. He pays a mortgage on the home and a lease payment on the land. Then there are two HOAs to be paid. Rentals are not permitted.

That might work with middle class neighborhoods but not in wealthy neighborhoods where the homes are upwards of two million dollars and the taxes are more than the annual income of the poor family.

Even middle class neighborhoods are protecting themselves with a community where the land is never owned. It is leased from the developer. Buying a home only buys the structure. My son lives in a community like this. He pays a mortgage on the home and a lease payment on the land. Then there are two HOAs to be paid. Rentals are not permitted.
I've never seen hand-outs work. Habitat for Humanity works. The solution is hand-ups not hand-outs.

I've never seen hand-outs work. Habitat for Humanity works. The solution is hand-ups not hand-outs.
Habitat for Humanity works only part of the time. Most of the time the homes are trashed. The plumbing and wiring torn out and sold for scrap.

Habitat for Humanity works only part of the time. Most of the time the homes are trashed. The plumbing and wiring torn out and sold for scrap.
I've never seen a failed habitat home. I've seen one family that failed the challenge, but they did not rape the home. Another family was moved in that did great.

You may have a problem with the people working for that Habitat group. The people that run it are supposed to check in on folks that have been chosen. If they raped the home for scrap, they need to be put in jail like any other thief. The people chosen get vetted. If the people vetting them screw up they are not good stewards of the money and need to be moved aside to help in other ways.

You may have a problem with the people working for that Habitat group. The people that run it are supposed to check in on folks that have been chosen. If they raped the home for scrap, they need to be put in jail like any other thief. The people chosen get vetted. If the people vetting them screw up they are not good stewards of the money and need to be moved aside to help in other ways.

Vetted? Maybe in the past but not under obozo.

Forum List

Back