Obama IS the savior!

This has to do with Obama winning the election and him overturning Bush's executive decisions.

It has far more to do with partisan blindness than anything else.

Anyone who would call a politician "the savior" has deluded themselves into a political stupor.

Obama is following the dictates of the Bush/Israel foreign policy almost to the letter .. and after Jan. 20th, the body bags will have his name on them.

The biggest problem with American politics is Americans.

It has far more to do with partisan blindness than anything else.

Anyone who would call a politician "the savior" has deluded themselves into a political stupor.

Obama is following the dictates of the Bush/Israel foreign policy almost to the letter .. and after Jan. 20th, the body bags will have his name on them.

even in his stands on Iran now
what he said during the campaign was just what he needed to say to get all those morons to vote for him

savior definition | Dictionary.com

Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.1) - Cite This Source - Share This
sav⋅ior
/ˈseɪvyər/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [seyv-yer] Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun

1. a person who saves, rescues, or delivers: the savior of the country.

If this story is true, Obama's overturning of over 200 of Bush's executive decisions, including bans on stem cell research, could save millions if not billions of people's lives over the long term. If we pour billions of dollars into stem cell research, disease could be obsolete.

Obama Positioned to Quickly Reverse Bush Actions - washingtonpost.com

Obama Positioned to Quickly Reverse Bush Action
Stem Cell, Climate Rules Among Targets of President-Elect's Team

Horse shit. It's a phenominal waste of billions of dollars. The only stem cell research that has shown ANY promise -- if you call grasping at straws "any" -- is ADULT stem cell research.

Get a clue.

And stop posting entire articles.

Not at all. You have a personal connection to a social conservative. I do not. You have personal feelings about it. So do I. By insulting social conservatism, I am insulting your wife.

Take a pill called reality check and call me in the morning. I'm insulting ALL social conservatives - not just your wife! Social conservatism is a plague upon humanity that we must rid ourselves of. It is a restraint on progress when one is not needed. Right now, as we speak, Bush is singing new executive orders into law that Obama might not be able to undo that will allow for mining of the Grand Canyon. Do you like the view from there now? Just wait to see what it'll look like with mining equipment for oil in a couple of years.

We've had the technology, the ability, but not the money to do extensive research of embryonic stem cell. How many people have died because of this? I'm willing to bet that more people have died since the beginning of Bush's second term from diseases that can be cured from stem cells than baby's have been aborted during the same time. How's that you neanderthalic pro-lifers? You're killing more than you're "trying" to save!

It's nothing to do with any connection to social conservatism (my wife is quite capable of looking after herself). It's to do with being able to have a discussion about a sensitive issue in a reasoned manner that is likely to be plausible, convincing and rational.

Having you screaming from the cheap seats about social conservatism being a plague that needs to be eradicated just makes you look like a nazi and taints the way in which people read your suggestions, thoughts and opinions.

If you're comfortable with being viewed in that light, fair enough.

By the way, gimme a break about the number that have died since Bush's second term. It's not like the whole world is waiting for the U.S. to get a move on so that a cure can be found. Some pretty smart scientists in other countries are working on it as well. Medical research is not an ATM where so long as you've paid money in you can withdraw cures up to the limit of your credit. This is difficult stuff but you want to make it look like a cure can be bought. Do you get your ideas from watching re-runs of 'The West Wing''?

It's nothing to do with any connection to social conservatism (my wife is quite capable of looking after herself). It's to do with being able to have a discussion about a sensitive issue in a reasoned manner that is likely to be plausible, convincing and rational.

Having you screaming from the cheap seats about social conservatism being a plague that needs to be eradicated just makes you look like a nazi and taints the way in which people read your suggestions, thoughts and opinions.

If you're comfortable with being viewed in that light, fair enough.

By the way, gimme a break about the number that have died since Bush's second term. It's not like the whole world is waiting for the U.S. to get a move on so that a cure can be found. Some pretty smart scientists in other countries are working on it as well. Medical research is not an ATM where so long as you've paid money in you can withdraw cures up to the limit of your credit. This is difficult stuff but you want to make it look like a cure can be bought. Do you get your ideas from watching re-runs of 'The West Wing''?

very well stated :clap2:

That's alright.

We're in the process of outsoucing that franchise even as we speak.

A few more insane trade agreements and nothing we vote on will be legal by international trade laws anyway.

That's alright.

We're in the process of outsoucing that franchise even as we speak.

A few more insane trade agreements and nothing we vote on will be legal by international trade laws anyway.

:lol:

Time we got down to some serious insourcing of politics that actually benefit people instead of corporations.

even in his stands on Iran now
what he said during the campaign was just what he needed to say to get all those morons to vote for him

Especially in his stance on Iran now.

Suddenly Obama is an Isareli hard-liner .. hard to make a "savior" out of that.

he's getting those briefings now
funny how that changes everyone

You are absolutely correct .. it changes EVERYONE ... it doesn't matter what political party they belong to .. they are all controlled by the exact same puppetmasters.

Bush may not be in office after Jan. 20th .. but the puppetmasters ain't going nowhere .. AND, my brother, more importantly, as long as Americans continue to snipe at each other like children over my party is better than your party thye will never get around to addressing the far more critical task of identifying just who the puppetmasters are.

The American president does not run this country.

You are absolutely correct .. it changes EVERYONE ... it doesn't matter what political party they belong to .. they are all controlled by the exact same puppetmasters.

Bush may not be in office after Jan. 20th .. but the puppetmasters ain't going nowhere .. AND, my brother, more importantly, as long as Americans continue to snipe at each other like children over my party is better than your party thye will never get around to addressing the far more critical task of identifying just who the puppetmasters are.

The American president does not run this country.
meh, i dont go THAT far
but my point is, he didnt have info before now that will make everything different
which is also why i highly doubt the extreme left will get their wish to see Bush perp walked either

meh, i dont go THAT far
but my point is, he didnt have info before now that will make everything different
which is also why i highly doubt the extreme left will get their wish to see Bush perp walked either

You cannot honestly and critically accuse the left of blindness on this issue if you fail to recognize how it exists on your side of the fence aw well.

I emphasized your word "everyone" because you were correct.

Blaming that blindess just on democrats doesn't address the danger it presents to America.

You cannot honestly and critically accuse the left of blindness on this issue if you fail to recognize how it exists on your side of the fence aw well.

Blaming that blindess just on democrats doesn't address the danger it presents to America.

I know, not think, that both parties have crooks, liars, and just plain stupid within them. That many of these are the leaders of the country sickens me. Both sides need to hold their politicians that do wrong to task, not make excuses for them. It may be perception, but it seems I hear lots more 'good job' at catching a Stevens, Ryan, DeLay, etc., then when on the other side. Like I said, it may be my hearing. ;)

i didnt blame it on democrats, i said the extreme left
thats not all democrats

My bad .. you did.

However, as a member of the extreme left, it ain't our fault .. we're the ones who've been warning of it.

LOL! I wonder how many here recognize that Obama is not liberal enough, in your opinion? Then again, I think Bush has been a free spending liberal, especially on foreign aid, when we can't afford it. If it weren't for the wars, I shudder to think of what he'd have done domestically. :eek: He had no intention of being a 'foreign affairs' kind of president, something our friends on the left should remember. Events have a way of shaping a presidency, more than the holder of office.

LOL! I wonder how many here recognize that Obama is not liberal enough, in your opinion? Then again, I think Bush has been a free spending liberal, especially on foreign aid, when we can't afford it. If it weren't for the wars, I shudder to think of what he'd have done domestically. :eek: He had no intention of being a 'foreign affairs' kind of president, something our friends on the left should remember. Events have a way of shaping a presidency, more than the holder of office.
tha is SO true

My bad .. you did.

However, as a member of the extreme left, it ain't our fault .. we're the ones who've been warning of it.
hmmm, i dont think of you as extreme
at least not in the posts i've read
even though i have disagreed with you on some topics

Forum List

Back