Obama increases pressure on GObP

Pressuring GOP, Obama takes his fiscal plan to Pa. - Salon.com

The President is heading to the Philly suburbs to mobilize support for tax increases on the wealthy ...

... Obama was scheduled to go to Hatfield, Pa., to pressure Republicans to allow tax increases on the wealthy while extending current Bush-era tax rates for households earning $250,000 or less.

No more Mr NiceGuy and no more letting the GObP hold the country hostage so they can give more $ to the 2%.

That's what the people voted for and I hope he doesn't compromise again.

Give 'em hell, Barry!

:clap2::clap2:

Why does he have to fly to Philly to give that speech? Have the Oval Office and the White House Press Room been damaged and nobody told us? :dunno:

It's the ..."it plays well in Peoria" mentality.

It is important to note that protecting these somewhat minor tax cuts has been the number one agenda of the republican party since 2008. They never made a bit of difference in any individual life but overall they cost the country a bundle both in lost revenue and in distracting a major political party away from more pressing matters. Republicans put all their energy into protecting a single government program of dubious value and therefore sacrificed all their other priorities and ultimately their popular appeal.

Give 'em hell Barry. It worked so well the first time. It's likely to work just as well this time.

Even you should be able to understand that this is a whole new game and President Obama has the winning hand. This time, the pubpots will not be able to screw over the working class.

Obama has "dirty hands" in more ways than one. We will see who gets what.

He doesn't have the winning hand. He has a legacy and 4 years to go. I doubt he wants another recession on his hands. They may blame the GOP but it's still going down in the books as Obama's mess if it happens.

And...ObieDopey is all about image.

There has been no responsibility to his administration so far! YOu think that shit will change and it will be his mess? Be real lol

The GOP should simply walk away. Get up and walk out and not come back.

I agree. They have dubbed the GOP as the party of irrelevance so....prove just how irrelevant. Let the Dems run/ruin everything. Come 2016, the nation will be begging for anyone and anything but the party of the jackass, the Democrats.

It is important to note that protecting these somewhat minor tax cuts has been the number one agenda of the republican party since 2008. They never made a bit of difference in any individual life but overall they cost the country a bundle both in lost revenue and in distracting a major political party away from more pressing matters. Republicans put all their energy into protecting a single government program of dubious value and therefore sacrificed all their other priorities and ultimately their popular appeal.

be careful :eek: rw's get angry when you use reasoning to debate :nono:

What is it that the tax increases are suppose to accomplish?

What were the tax cuts supposed to accomplish? Anything that that benefits the country as whole?

Grow the economy.

You know the US economy and Federal government are two separate things, right?

They didn't grow the economy and they added the deficit so scrap them and move on to something that actually works as advertised, that is my biggest grudge here, they were sold under false pretenses as stimulus and they didn't stimulate shit.

Even you should be able to understand that this is a whole new game and President Obama has the winning hand. This time, the pubpots will not be able to screw over the working class.

Obama has "dirty hands" in more ways than one. We will see who gets what.

He doesn't have the winning hand. He has a legacy and 4 years to go. I doubt he wants another recession on his hands. They may blame the GOP but it's still going down in the books as Obama's mess if it happens.

And...ObieDopey is all about image.

There has been no responsibility to his administration so far! YOu think that shit will change and it will be his mess? Be real lol

Not perhaps in our lifetimes but in history. Every President has been known to be concerned about their legacy.

Although with this POS, you might be right. He lives in the moment and cares only about himself.

Tax increase that will not operate the government for 10 fucking days... WHERE ARE THE SPENDING CUTS, Mr. Asshole President???

And how the fuck is keeping more GIVING someone anything??? Less taking is not giving, you asshole troll

I will agree to tax increases when everyone is paying the same rate on every dollar earned without exception or exemption... When your ass starts paying federal income taxes, DudleyNoDick, you may understand how the earners are sick of footing the bill for the leeches

Tax increase that will not operate the government for 10 fucking days... WHERE ARE THE SPENDING CUTS, Mr. Asshole President???

And how the fuck is keeping more GIVING someone anything??? Less taking is not giving, you asshole troll

I will agree to tax increases when everyone is paying the same rate on every dollar earned without exception or exemption... When your ass starts paying federal income taxes, DudleyNoDick, you may understand how the earners are sick of footing the bill for the leeches

The cuts? "We'll get back to you later". And that is actually his reply paraphrased of course.

What is it that the tax increases are suppose to accomplish?

They're supposed to show we're actually doing something, as most economists say we should. With the confidence brought about by a combination of cuts and increased revenues, buying, demand, jobs, more buying and increased tax revenues allow the free market system to take care of the problem. Alzheimer's, Frank? You seem to be reminded on a daily basis how the capitalist system works.

What the fuck are you talking about? I reread your post three times and it makes less and less sense each time. Stick to stuff you know and understand

Take an economics course. I'll only take the opportunity to instruct you so many times. What about the perception of how we're doing, don't you understand? Why do you think pollsters keep asking what people feel about the direction of the country? I know whenever it's down, you crow about it. Why are you having so much trouble understanding what it means and why they're asking?

I agree. They have dubbed the GOP as the party of irrelevance so....prove just how irrelevant. Let the Dems run/ruin everything. Come 2016, the nation will be begging for anyone and anything but the party of the jackass, the Democrats.

Ha!

You are so out of touch that you seriously think the people are gonna view it like that?

President offers a deal, republicans walk away and don't counter in any way or work with it to move forward on a compromise? The Americans will not see the democrats as the problem, it's the GOP at that point.

But, by all means, please tell your reps to do so! 2016: The hemorrhaging of the GOP.

Quitters! :cool:

Best suggestion I have heard all day, I would be very curious to see how things work without sabotage and without structuring everything to serve billionaires first and everyone else a distant second.

Dude both parties suck. Kinda like how the democrats serve the non-contributers first.

Both parties do suck and for the same reason, special interests rule, the difference is that republicans never break from that and freak the hell out when democrats occasionally try to do something truly populist.

Ha!

You are so out of touch that you seriously think the people are gonna view it like that?

President offers a deal, republicans walk away and don't counter in any way or work with it to move forward on a compromise? The Americans will not see the democrats as the problem, it's the GOP at that point.

But, by all means, please tell your reps to do so! 2016: The hemorrhaging of the GOP.

I said walk away. Now if there is something worth a "counter" then fine. However we both know that Obama doesn't negotiate...he dictates.

Pressuring GOP, Obama takes his fiscal plan to Pa. - Salon.com

The President is heading to the Philly suburbs to mobilize support for tax increases on the wealthy ...

... Obama was scheduled to go to Hatfield, Pa., to pressure Republicans to allow tax increases on the wealthy while extending current Bush-era tax rates for households earning $250,000 or less.

No more Mr NiceGuy and no more letting the GObP hold the country hostage so they can give more $ to the 2%.

That's what the people voted for and I hope he doesn't compromise again.

Give 'em hell, Barry!

:clap2::clap2:

I see Obama is going back on the campaign trail.

Hey...it beats actually participating in Fiscal Cliff negotiations i guess!

Forum List

Back