Obama Does an Obama at Officers Memorial Service

I didn't hear or see the speech since I was, among other things, buying a Henry AR-7. Here is a link to the speech: Read President Obama's Speech From the Dallas Memorial Service

Having been forced to a lot of politicians and other people give speeches over my 40 year career, I'm not a fan of speeches. This one isn't bad and fairly typical. I like how he talked about each of the slain officers and how he characterized Johnson's actions for what they were "racial hatred".

He did lean on the feelings of the African-American community a little too much IMHO, a problem which contributes to his being more of a divider than a uniter, but overall I don't have a big problem with this speech:

"Faced with this violence, we wonder if the divides of race in America can ever be bridged. We wonder if an African American community that feels unfairly targeted by police and police departments that feel unfairly maligned for doing their jobs, can ever understand each other’s experience."
Talking about Jim Crow really comforted the familes of the fallen officers.

I didn't hear or see the speech since I was, among other things, buying a Henry AR-7. Here is a link to the speech: Read President Obama's Speech From the Dallas Memorial Service

Having been forced to a lot of politicians and other people give speeches over my 40 year career, I'm not a fan of speeches. This one isn't bad and fairly typical. I like how he talked about each of the slain officers and how he characterized Johnson's actions for what they were "racial hatred".

He did lean on the feelings of the African-American community a little too much IMHO, a problem which contributes to his being more of a divider than a uniter, but overall I don't have a big problem with this speech:

"Faced with this violence, we wonder if the divides of race in America can ever be bridged. We wonder if an African American community that feels unfairly targeted by police and police departments that feel unfairly maligned for doing their jobs, can ever understand each other’s experience."

The punk has no class, even after nearly 8 years in the White House.

Did the punk really use the murders of 5 police officers by a black thug to flap his big fat mouth about gun control??

Wouldn't want to do anything about that now would we ! ?

Another psych wh an AK. What Ya gonna do?

He must exhibit his usual Solomonesque wisdom in an attempt to lecture.

Mourn the heroes...get back on the plane. Save the teachable moment for a future date.
The BBC thought the speech by BHO was pretty good. That's what Katty Kay reported this afternoon from Wash. D.C.

My own view is that W. gave the best speech of them all. I listened to all the speeches this morning live.

Hopefully the cop shootings will stop now -- both by cops and of cops.

Hopefully cops will change their procedures and stop shooting people both black and white at stops.

The policing has been trigger happy for the past several years and this is why race relations are now worse than in decades.

Hopefully the anti police demonstrations will calm down now too.

White people are not protesting the police over white people shot by police. Why should negroes then?

As we say in Dallas, the protests are only making things worse.

He must exhibit his usual Solomonesque wisdom in an attempt to lecture.

Mourn the heroes...get back on the plane. Save the teachable moment for a future date.

I couldn't have been prouder of the president. He's a real success story.......you know, the one we tell our children about!

Yeah, kind of like Jessie James, a very successful outlaw.

Did the punk really use the murders of 5 police officers by a black thug to flap his big fat mouth about gun control??

I would put the thugs and liberals in a cage for a couple of months, then intern the survivors on Antarctica.

Yeah we really should round up the assault rifle owners!!!

I would put the thugs and liberals in a cage for a couple of months, then intern the survivors on Antarctica.

LOL prissy little punk liberals are not going to round up gun owners that's some funny shit right there :laugh:

:rofl:

Gee , you didn't like the speech . I'm shocked !!!!!

Did you have this ready to post before he even said a word ??

I thought it was good . He hit everyone and praised everyone too. But god forbid someone talk about guns when we have mass killings every month . Yeah, that ain't gonna come up.

You'd already determined you liked it before Obama himself knew he was going to give it.

There were uncomfortable spots for everyone .

But go ahead and cherry pick lines out a like a 40 min speech .
Actually I thought BHO did a pretty good job of covering all the issues.

And I as well as most were glad he did not harp on gun control this time at all.

W. spoke too and his speech was even better. W. is losing his hair in the front -- it is thinning and almost gone. Otherwise he does not look older.

I didn't see him say anything about Jim Crow, but agreed that telling the families about the feelings of "African-Americans" was insensitive at best.
You must have read the MSM CYA translation.
“We also know that centuries of racial discrimination, slavery, subjugation, and Jim Crow didn’t simply vanish with the end of lawful segregation.”

I think every cop and soldier is right now putting in their will to not have Obama speak at their Memorial Service if he shows interest.
Are you a cop or a soldier or a former one ??
Marine, trained to be a cop but pay was too crappy back then. Have 5 very close friends who are cops, about 30 who are active military.

So what's your point?

Forum List

Back