Obama calling out Cantor

jarhead is a testament to my time I served. Very few have found ways to use it in a deragatory way...kudos...I believe you are the first.

Now.....please..in an effort to stay on topic....hear me out.

I did not cirtiicize your position. When someone said how he would love a job like that, I called it as it is.....a job that does not allow you to show your differential. Why? Becuase you work at home; there is no busy work; all you can do is answer the phone when it rings...

You then responded that I talk out of my ass and it offers great opporunity for growth and development.

SO I responded that it does not allow you to show a differential...and it doesnt...so whereas it may offer growth and development, it does not allow you to stand out from the masses.

Here is an example of what I mean.....

You and Sally both go for the training for QA supervisor....

But there is only one opening.

Why should you get it over Sally?

Because I'm quick-thinking, I'm a fast learner, I'm dependable, I don't have a temper, I work well with others, I'm comfortable talking to anybody, I can type 75 wpm, - that's the short list. No. There aren't a whole lot like me.
OMG!

I love the delusions.

:thup:

Given you own, you should.:lol:

A bump looking for someone to tell me why it would have been so bad for GM to go bankrupt and be taken over by a group that actually knew how to run a company and didn't need the Federal Government to keep it afloat.

Why Asian automakers want a federal bailout of U.S. industry - Dec. 15, 2008

Collateral damage
The overseas automakers, who between them produce more than 3 million vehicles a year at U.S. plants, all worry their production would be hurt if one of the U.S. automakers went under. That's because a Big Three failure would likely lead to widespread bankruptcies in the auto parts supplier industry.

Erich Merkle, lead auto analyst with the consulting firm Crowe Horwath LLP, said there is much overlap between the automakers' suppliers. Since most parts in an automobile have only a single supplier producing them, the disruptions in production will be severe and prolonged.

"It could take months for a Toyota to work through that and resume normal production," he said.

Merkle said the current network of auto suppliers, manufacturers and dealerships has worked well for the overseas automakers, who have posted steady gains in their U.S. market share during the past few years.

Besides sharing suppliers, many dealers sell both U.S. and overseas brands. So the failure of a U.S. automaker could hurt the overseas manufacturers' dealer network and their sales as well, Merkle said.

"There would be a severe disturbance in the force," he quipped.

A bump looking for someone to tell me why it would have been so bad for GM to go bankrupt and be taken over by a group that actually knew how to run a company and didn't need the Federal Government to keep it afloat.

Why Asian automakers want a federal bailout of U.S. industry - Dec. 15, 2008

Collateral damage
The overseas automakers, who between them produce more than 3 million vehicles a year at U.S. plants, all worry their production would be hurt if one of the U.S. automakers went under. That's because a Big Three failure would likely lead to widespread bankruptcies in the auto parts supplier industry.

Erich Merkle, lead auto analyst with the consulting firm Crowe Horwath LLP, said there is much overlap between the automakers' suppliers. Since most parts in an automobile have only a single supplier producing them, the disruptions in production will be severe and prolonged.

"It could take months for a Toyota to work through that and resume normal production," he said.

Merkle said the current network of auto suppliers, manufacturers and dealerships has worked well for the overseas automakers, who have posted steady gains in their U.S. market share during the past few years.

Besides sharing suppliers, many dealers sell both U.S. and overseas brands. So the failure of a U.S. automaker could hurt the overseas manufacturers' dealer network and their sales as well, Merkle said.

"There would be a severe disturbance in the force," he quipped.

What I see here was a lost opportunity for others to get into the business because President Obama thinks he know economics when what he really knows is how much he needs unions to stay in power (if he can even do that).

Forum List

Back