Obama and the Insanity of the Liberal Mind

President Reality Show Says Being President is Not a Reality Show
February 16, 2016
Daniel Greenfield

2015-12-22-nbc-tday-obamaseinfeld.jpg

Hardly a day passes without another cheap Obama marketing gimmick or made for YouTube stunt. Obama spends more time on TV than he does golfing. And he golfs a whole lot. It's nice that he suddenly decided that it's a serious job, but this election is the product of his tactics and gimmicks.

President Reality Show Says Being President is Not a Reality Show

"There are, in every country, some magnificent charities established by individuals. It is, however, but little that any individual can do, when the whole extent of the misery to be relieved is considered. He may satisfy his conscience, but not his heart. He may give all that he has, and that all will relieve but little. It is only by organizing civilization upon such principles as to act like a system of pullies, that the whole weight of misery can be removed."

-- Thomas Paine; from 'Agrarian Justice' (1797)

I'm pretty sure the Liberal mind is superior to the Conservative mind. The "trust no one" mantra works on paper but is ill suited for the real world. Insulting women, Hispanics, Blacks and other minorities as a matter of habit is a sign that the conservative mind belongs to lazy people who think it is too much trouble to grow and develop beyond high school.
Na, not really.
Your stereotyping has no reality to it, being a progressives is all about being up apologist... Truly a weak mind.
The Robin Hood/it takes an village mentality is not only a sign of a weak mind, also a cowardly soul.

Obama: We Should Learn from the Communists I'm Aiding Not to Profile Muslims
March 23, 2016
Daniel Greenfield
obamatodohisjob_3.jpg

Obama has illegally decided to aid an enemy Communist dictatorship. But at the same time he wants to use that Communist dictatorship as a cautionary example when bashing Republicans. This is what a hypocrisy meltdown looks like.

Obama on Wednesday delivered a sharply personal rebuke of GOP presidential candidate Ted Cruz for his call to institute surveillance on Muslim communities in response to the Brussels terrorist attacks.

During a press conference in Argentina, Obama called such a proposal “wrong and un-American”

“I just left a country that engages in that kind of neighborhood surveillance, which, by the way, the father of Sen. Cruz escaped for America,” the president said.

It's also, by the way, the country that Obama is aiding. Also Cuba does worse than "neighborhood surveillance". And it doesn't practice it to stop terrorists from murdering people in the streets, but to suppress political dissent. Much the way that Obama tried to be explicitly targeting political critics as enemies of the state, e.g. Operation Rushbo, Fight the Smears...

Obama: We Should Learn from the Communists I'm Aiding Not to Profile Muslims

Obama's Obscene, Hypocritical Lecture About Press Freedom
April 1, 2016
Daniel Greenfield
obamatodohisjob_4.jpg

But let's pick out one moment from Obama's lecture to the press that shows his cynicism and contempt for a free press.

I'll tell you -- I probably maybe shouldn’t do this, but what the heck, I'm in my last year. (Laughter.) I had an in-depth conversation with President Putin a while back about Syria and Ukraine. And he had read an article in The Atlantic that Jeff Goldberg had done about my foreign policy doctrine. And he said, well, I disagree with some of the things that you said in there. And Jeff is a remarkable journalist who I admire greatly, and all the quotes that were directly attributed to me in there I completely agreed with. I said, well, but some of the things that were shaped may not fully reflect all the nuance of my thoughts on the particular topic that President Putin was mentioning. But I pointed out to him, of course, that unlike you, Vladimir, I don’t get to edit the piece before it's published. (Laughter and applause.)

1. Obama flatters a media lackey who has been allowed insider access to put out his narrative. Jeffrey Goldberg isn't a "remarkable journalist". He's a guy paid by various media outlets to print White House press releases dressed up in his own neurotic commentary. That's not journalism. It's public relations. Case in point, around the same time, Goldberg ran a piece focusing on Obama's criticisms of Ted Cruz and Trump.

2. But Obama pretends that Goldberg is "independent" and that he writes things that the White House disapproves of. If that were the case, Goldberg would not have been allowed anywhere near Obama.

3. Then, Obama tells Putin, "I don’t get to edit the piece before it's published." And then everyone had a good laugh. That kind of thing was true when Eisenhower or Nixon said it. But of course Obama gets to edit the pieces. If he doesn't get to have his people write them.

Goldberg's fawning Obama pieces, culminating with the Obama Doctrine, appeared in The Atlantic. The Atlantic allowed Hillary Clinton to control the content in great detail, right down to describing her speech as "muscular". Politico offered to let Chelsea Clinton's team vet any questions beforehand. Do you think that Obama doesn't get a better deal than Hillary and Chelsea do?

Do you think the White House didn't have veto power over every single line of Goldberg's Obama Doctrine?

So the joke works on more than one level. Obama's media audience knows the deal. They know that his stories are just as thoroughly controlled as anything in Russia. Obama's lecture to the press is the sort of hollow speech that Communist bosses used to deliver to their own captive media about the importance of informing the public... even though they had total control over the media.

Obama's Obscene, Hypocritical Lecture About Press Freedom

April 9, 2016
Obama's Willing Executioners in the Media
By Victor Sharpe and Robert Vincent

Another case of the selective focus of our mass media took place in 2009. Barack Hussein Obama said publicly that the U.S. is "not a Christian nation" and that America is "one of the world's foremost Muslim countries."

These statements amount to utter lunacy in a country in which at least 70% self-identify as Christians, where Christian holidays are official national holidays, and where Muslims number, at most, three to four million out of a population of over 330 million. This provoked not even a whimper of incredulity by the mass media. Then, in 2012, during an unintentional "open mic" moment, we overheard Obama making assurances to Russian president Medvedev that once he was able to get past the election, he would have "more flexibility."

Here we have a sitting U.S. president apparently ready to make some huge concession to America's most important major power rival on the world stage, a concession so drastic that it apparently couldn't even be revealed until after the election. And the media did not hound him over this.

Read more: Articles: Obama's Willing Executioners in the Media
Follow us: @AmericanThinker on Twitter | AmericanThinker on Facebook

The Unserious West and the Serious Jihadists
The Obama administration and the "nuisance of terrorism."
April 15, 2016
Bruce Thornton
694940094001_4839800953001_4d7034b6-6389-4791-a3a7-a3d72f70b632.jpg

In Terry Gilliam’s dystopian film-classic Brazil, London is under assault from a 13-year-long terrorist campaign that Londoners won’t stop and so just live with. A bomb goes off in a restaurant, and the waiters scurry to screen off the mangled and dying so survivors can continue eating. When reminded by a journalist that “The bombing campaign is now in it 13th year,” the Deputy Minister laughs, “Beginner’s luck!” The West today is rapidly approaching the surreal insouciance of Gilliam’s fantasy.

Think about Obama, hanging out with head of terror-state Raul Castro at a baseball game during the Brussels attacks that killed 34, including four Americans. Obama told Chris Wallace that the terrorists “win” if we don’t go about our daily business, like the diners in Brazil ordering dessert among the screams and moans of the dying and wounded. After all, ISIS is not an “existential threat,” as the president keeps saying, and more of us die in bathtub falls than are killed by terrorists. Obama apparently thinks he has achieved John Kerry’s goal during the 2004 presidential campaign to reduce terrorism to a “nuisance” like prostitution.

I suppose the absurd security measures we endure every time we board a plane is the sort of “nuisance” Kerry and Obama are talking about. I guess we “win” when we dutifully take off our shoes and coats, put our computers and three ounces of liquids in a tray, and submit to aggressive wanding by surly TSA functionaries. Are such silly measures now part of the daily life we should just get on with? Of course Obama’s attitude is preposterous, and he should know that it is the terrorists who “win” every time an 80-year-old has to endure being felt up by a federal worker. Meanwhile, in breach tests of TSA inspectors in 2015, 95% of fake explosives and contraband sailed through the screening process.

These inefficient and intrusive procedures have been put in place mainly to avoid stigmatizing Muslims. Such obeisance to politically correct proscriptions against “profiling” is just one of the myriad ways in which we tell the jihadist enemy we really aren’t serious about the latest battle in the 14-century-long war of Islam against the infidel West.

Take Obama’s Executive Order 1341, which banned waterboarding and other “enhanced interrogation techniques” of captured jihadists. Now only those practices in the Army Field Manual can be used to question detainees, despite the fact that the document is public and so jihadists can use it to train terrorists how to resist. Forget that one technique, waterboarding, is legal under U.S. law, and generated actionable intelligence––according to former CIA chief George Tenet, waterboarding a few high-value suspects helped foil over 20 al Qaida plots against the U.S. Those facts cannot outweigh Obama’s need to preen morally and gratify international anti-Americanism.

Thus they look at our unserious, godless culture of consumption and frivolity, of self-loathing and guilt, and these serious believers are confident that 350 years of defeat in battle have not led to defeat in the long war. And so the war goes on. The frivolous Western dogs bark, but Allah’s caravan moves on.

The Unserious West and the Serious Jihadists

Obama Frees Osama bin Laden Favorite Trained as Sniper to Saudi Arabia
April 18, 2016
Daniel Greenfield
000321-169da6fce419c8da281c09b09c9d6ec7.jpg

With the Saudis in the news, for all the wrong reasons, Obama picked a really bad time to send Saudi Arabia a shipment of piping hot fresh Al Qaeda terrorists from Gitmo to be redeployed in Yemen.

On that list is Ahmed Yaslam Said Kuman. Kuman isn't the most important Al Qaeda terrorist we have in custody. But he was a particular favorite of Osama bin Laden.

Detainee is assessed to be a member of al-Qaida with close ties to the Bin Laden family, possibly serving as a UBL bodyguard.

Training in kidnapping, sniper attacks and poisons. Sure, let's send him off on his merry way.

Obama Frees Osama bin Laden Favorite Trained as Sniper to Saudi Arabia

Hiroshima and 'Unwarrantable Self-Abasement'
The moral incoherence of the U.S. expressing regret for swiftly ending a war it didn’t start.
April 21, 2016
Bruce Thornton
hr.jpg

Next month, Obama will be in Japan for the G-7 Summit. There are rumors that he will visit Hiroshima and formally apologize for the U.S. dropping atomic bombs on that city and Nagasaki in August 1945. Maybe that’s why John Kerry didn’t apologize during a recent visit to the Hiroshima memorial, but merely set the stage for Obama by lamenting the suffering and calling for a “world free from nuclear weapons.”

The debate over whether or not Truman should have authorized dropping the bombs is an old one. And any objective evaluation of the decision shows that it was correct, for it shortened the war and saved millions of Japanese and American lives. More interesting than rehashing what should be a settled debate is the ideological prejudices and moral incoherence of those who continue to want the U.S. to express regret for swiftly ending a war it didn’t start and paid for with nearly 112,000 lives.

First is the idea, serially displayed by Obama since the beginning of his presidency, that the U.S. has been a bad international actor and so must atone for its sins. As the leftist tale goes, America’s corporate greed, imperialist depredations, and racist nationalism sowed the seeds of all the world’s disorder and ills. Whether poverty in Africa, violence in the Middle East, or global warming, the default response is “When all else fails, blame the Americans.”

Just watch Oliver Stone’s 10-part “documentary” on the Cold War, “The Untold History of the United States,” or read Howard Zinn’s A People’s History of the United States. This is the “Yankees done us wrong” school of factually challenged historiography that has spread into popular culture, high school curricula, and whole departments in most universities. With Obama it has now reached the presidency, where its malign effects have been obvious in his foreign policy disasters caused by feckless “disengagement” and “leading from behind” predicated on reversing America’s malign interventionism.

The phenomenon of national self-loathing, however, is not new. It is an old ideological artifact of Marxist-Leninism, which along with its hatred of capitalism and liberal democracy, demonized colonialism and imperialism as unmitigated, unique evils, rather than being a tragic mixture of good and bad typical of everything flawed humans do. This smear of the Western economic and political system that had created the richest, freest people in history validated self-hatred among some citizens of the nations guilty of such alleged crimes. And even though the U.S. has never been a true imperial or colonial power, after World War II the indictment was shifted to America when it became the dominant global power and the premier challenger of communist ideology.

This dangerous anti-patriotism began mainly in England among leftist literary and intellectual elites, who had begun to turn against the British Empire in the late 19th century. In 1933, the year Hitler came to power, Winston Churchill warned of this by then fashionable set of attitudes:

Our difficulties come from the mood of unwarrantable self-abasement into which we have been cast by a powerful section of our own intellectuals. They come from the acceptance of defeatist doctrines by a large proportion of our politicians. But what have they to offer but a vague internationalism, a squalid materialism, and the promise of impossible utopias?

Hiroshima and 'Unwarrantable Self-Abasement'

Obama Frees Chicago Member of Drug Gang That Terrorized School
May 9, 2016
Daniel Greenfield
Barack_Obama_in_1980_002.gif

"The children are our future. Teach them well and let them lead the way."

President Obama on Thursday commuted the prison sentence of a man who was part of a crack-dealing gang that terrorized Chicago Heights, led by a kingpin who modeled himself after the Wesley Snipes character in the 1991 movie "New Jack City."

Known as "the Organization," the gang ran a 24-hour-a-day, seven-day-a-week crack distribution center throughout the 1990s in the Claude Court Housing Complex right across from Gavin Elementary School. The children were never allowed outside, according to federal authorities, to shield them from the armed dealers who lurked nearby.

This Crack Dealer Would Never Sell Drugs ... Until Obama Freed Him

Obama Frees Drug Dealer w/a "Lot of Blood on His Hands

Obama Pardons Drug Smuggler Who Moved $2.5 Million Worth of Cocaine

Obama Frees Crack Dealer Who Took 5-Year-Old Along

And here's a previous roundup of drug dealers freed by Obama. And a look at the scam of "sentencing reform".

Obama Frees Chicago Member of Drug Gang That Terrorized School

I'm pretty sure the Liberal mind is superior to the Conservative mind. The "trust no one" mantra works on paper but is ill suited for the real world. Insulting women, Hispanics, Blacks and other minorities as a matter of habit is a sign that the conservative mind belongs to lazy people who think it is too much trouble to grow and develop beyond high school.

LOL liberals are amateurs, some will grow up to become conservatives one day others well they are a lost cause.

LOL liberals are amateurs, some will grow up to become conservatives one day others well they are a lost cause.
LOST CAUSE X 2...
criminal-hillary-clinton-communist-bernie-sanders.jpg

They should join the same ticket, rolmao...

Hillary is a great example.

In 25 years....

She has won a grammy
Represented the US as FLOUTUS
Been elected to the Senate; twice
Served as Secretary of State
Ran (and came in 2nd) in a nationwide campaign
Ran (and came in first) in another nationwide campaign
Raised a daughter in a fishbowl who, by all accounts, is a decent young lady.

In the same 25 years...

Most conservatives have done zilch except gotten 25 years older and have come up with lists upon lists of what they are opposed to and people they hate.

In 25 years....

She has won a grammy

In the same 25 years...

Most conservatives have done zilch except gotten 25 years older and have come up with lists upon lists of what they are opposed to and people they hate.

I'm going to cancel out your vote for Hillary :eusa_boohoo:

In 25 years....

She has won a grammy

In the same 25 years...

candyass03.png

Obama’s Latest Amnesty for Drug Dealers
Freeing drug dealers, terrorizing communities.
May 12, 2016
Daniel Greenfield
Barack_Obama_in_1980_002.gif

Charlie Brown used to run a fortified crack house in South Providence. Surveillance cameras kept an eye out for cops and a steel-reinforced door was built to keep them out. Brown had been dealing drugs for at least nine years. He had two previous drug convictions dating back to his twenties. His drug money was used to buy real estate, renovating and renting out the houses that he wasn’t using to sell drugs.

Despite all that, Brown’s lawyers tried to suggest that he lacked the “mental capacity” to understand his criminal case and suffered from lead poisoning. Mental capacity, often blamed on lead poisoning, is to modern criminal defense attorneys what phony claims of insanity used to be decades earlier.

But it didn’t work. Brown stayed in jail. Until Obama commuted his sentence.

Providence police Lt. Thomas Verdi had said, “These three defendants are notorious in Providence. This sends a message -- that these individuals who are dealing drugs and involved in violent crimes will be apprehended and face serious, serious prison sentences -- not locally, but in the federal system.”

He would have had better luck locally because Brown will be out next year. And he’ll be far from alone.

Artrez Nyroby Seymour was part of The Organization, a group of crack dealers in Chicago Heights that modeled their operation after the movie New Jack City. The Organization operated outside an elementary school whose children were never allowed out to play out of fear of its drug dealers.

Leonard Mason was part of a drug trafficking network across multiple states which “used violence and intimidation to advance its cocaine business”. It sold drugs outside a school playground, three shootings were linked to the network and local residents described hearing gunshots and being afraid to take their children out to play.

"It makes a difference that they are off the street," Rose Jones, a local resident, commented.

But not for long. That was in 2008. Operation Bankshot was a 2 year investigation. Mason was recorded on the phone discussing drug deals and setting a price of $22,000 for a kilogram of cocaine. Mason was caught with three kilograms of cocaine. In 2011, he was finally sentenced to 20 years in prison.

But Obama has decided to let him go in 2016.

Gerardo Rivera was busted smuggling $1.7 million worth of meth from Mexico by the border patrol. Despite being so obsessed with meth that he made it impossible to buy cough syrup without an ID, Obama decided to cut Rivera’s sentence in half. While law-abiding citizens can’t treat their cold without documentation, the man behind it all treats smuggling millions in meth like a minor offense.

Other beneficiaries of Obama’s pro-crime commutation policies include Steven Bernard Boyd, an associate of one of Augusta’s major drug suppliers, Timothy "Tim Tim" Augustus, busted in the breakup of a Hampton cocaine ring, Donald Brooks, who was arrested when a drug ring operating across Georgia and Alabama was shut down, and Corey Howard, an associate of notorious Indianapolis cocaine kingpin Prentice Greer. George Jones was part of a large cocaine distribution network in Raleigh moving two to three kilograms of crack every month. The organization’s drug dealers were armed. Kenneth W. Kemp was the co-leader of a conspiracy to move 15 kilograms of cocaine a week around Norfolk.

Obama’s Latest Amnesty for Drug Dealers

boxofemptyhope.gif

Bad News: Michelle Obama No Longer Has Hope

December 17, 2016
Daniel Greenfield
michelleobamabringbackourgirls.jpg

Does this mean she's no longer "proud" of America?

Michelle Obama recently sat down with Oprah Winfrey for an interview that was previewed on “CBS This Morning” Friday in which she said following the election of President-elect Donald Trump, Americans now know what "not having hope feels like."

Oh there's plenty of hope. From workers to stockbrokers, you can see it and measure it. The parasitic left though has lost hope because it has lost power.

For all the happy talk, hope is inextricably linked to change. And change means abusing others, taking away their money and rights, destroying their lives for the glory of the left. When the left can't do that, then it loses hope. But that's not hope. It's power. When the left says hope, it means power. When it says change, it means power. When it says anything, it means power.

The people the Obamas and the left have been oppressing now have hope because the power of the left to oppress them has been weakened.

Bad News: Michelle Obama No Longer Has Hope

Forum List

Back