Oathkeeper sentenced to 8 1/2 years............

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
Well, it seems than one of the Oathkeepers who helped with the J6 riot has been sentenced to 8 1/2 years. Interestingly enough, she could have gotten more but the judge decided to be a bit lenient on her.

Know why the sentence wasn't harsher? Because she was transgender.

A member of the far-right Oath Keepers on Friday was sentenced to eight and a half years in prison for her role in the deadly 6 January 2021 assault on the US Capitol by extremist supporters of Donald Trump who tried to overturn Joe Biden’s presidential election victory over the Republican.

Jessica Watkins was convicted in November by a federal jury in Washington of obstruction of an official proceeding for her role in the storming of the Capitol, which saw rioters battle police, smash windows and send lawmakers running for their lives.

Watkins was also convicted of conspiracy and obstruction of officers during the riots.

The US district judge Amit Mehta on Friday said it was “particularly hard” to issue a sentence for Watkins after she testified during trial about the struggles she faced with her transgender identity and her cooperation with law enforcement officials during their investigation of her conduct on January 6.

But he said that “doesn’t wipe out” what she did during the attack. “Your role that day was more aggressive, more assaultive, more purposeful than perhaps others,” Mehta said.

Oh yeah....................not only was she transgender, but she was also AWOL from the Army.

Jessica Marie Watkins (born 1982 or 1983) is an American militia founder and former Oath Keeper leader, Army veteran and bar owner who took part in the January 6 United States Capitol attack.

Career[edit]

Watkins served in the U.S. Army before going absent without leave as her trans gender identify was revealed in 2022.[1] She worked in Afghanistan between 2001 and 2003.[2]

In 2021, she was the co-owner[3] of the Jolly Rogers Bar and Grill, a pirate-themed bar in Woodstock, Ohio.[4][2] She previously worked as a first responder in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
[2]

Interesting that one of those supporters of the Constitution and thinks that Trump won the election who rioted at the Capitol was 2 times the people that you conservatives hate...................transgender and an Army deserter.

Well, it seems than one of the Oathkeepers who helped with the J6 riot has been sentenced to 8 1/2 years. Interestingly enough, she could have gotten more but the judge decided to be a bit lenient on her.

Know why the sentence wasn't harsher? Because she was transgender.

A member of the far-right Oath Keepers on Friday was sentenced to eight and a half years in prison for her role in the deadly 6 January 2021 assault on the US Capitol by extremist supporters of Donald Trump who tried to overturn Joe Biden’s presidential election victory over the Republican.

Jessica Watkins was convicted in November by a federal jury in Washington of obstruction of an official proceeding for her role in the storming of the Capitol, which saw rioters battle police, smash windows and send lawmakers running for their lives.

Watkins was also convicted of conspiracy and obstruction of officers during the riots.

The US district judge Amit Mehta on Friday said it was “particularly hard” to issue a sentence for Watkins after she testified during trial about the struggles she faced with her transgender identity and her cooperation with law enforcement officials during their investigation of her conduct on January 6.

But he said that “doesn’t wipe out” what she did during the attack. “Your role that day was more aggressive, more assaultive, more purposeful than perhaps others,” Mehta said.

Oh yeah....................not only was she transgender, but she was also AWOL from the Army.

Jessica Marie Watkins (born 1982 or 1983) is an American militia founder and former Oath Keeper leader, Army veteran and bar owner who took part in the January 6 United States Capitol attack.

Career[edit]

Watkins served in the U.S. Army before going absent without leave as her trans gender identify was revealed in 2022.[1] She worked in Afghanistan between 2001 and 2003.[2]

In 2021, she was the co-owner[3] of the Jolly Rogers Bar and Grill, a pirate-themed bar in Woodstock, Ohio.[4][2] She previously worked as a first responder in Fayetteville, North Carolina.
[2]

Interesting that one of those supporters of the Constitution and thinks that Trump won the election who rioted at the Capitol was 2 times the people that you conservatives hate...................transgender and an Army deserter.
I heard about this on NPR today. She was AWOL because her transgender status was revealed and she was being harassed. The prosecutor stated, in the interview, that due to that reality, and the fact that Covid devasted her bar business, a jury would have been more lenient.

Yet as an oath keeper she was a republican and supported the Trump republican addenda of a stolen election. The judge did feel sorry for her.

I heard about this on NPR today. She was AWOL because her transgender status was revealed and she was being harassed. The prosecutor stated, in the interview, that due to that reality, and the fact that Covid devasted her bar business, a jury would have been more lenient.

Yeah. I know. That's why I linked to here Wiki page in my post. When I heard about it, I did some research so that I could present as much as I could about it.

Forum List

Back