NYC's Bail Reform Law

task0778

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2017
Texas hill country
Most of the looters and rioters arrested by the NYPD over the past several days are immediately released as a direct result of New York’s new bail-reform law, New York City police chief Terrence Monahan told the New York Post on Tuesday.

While the city police made over 650 arrests on Monday night alone, Monahan said that “just about all of them” will be released without bail.

“We had some arrests in Brooklyn where they had guns, [and] hopefully [Brooklyn district attorney] Eric Gonzalez will keep them in, [but] I can’t guarantee that’ll happen,” Monahan said. “But when it comes to a burglary [at] a commercial store, which is looting, they’re back out. . . . Because of bail reform, you’re back out on the street the next day. You cannot be held on any sort of bail. I spoke to [Manhattan district attorney] Cy Vance about that, he told me there’s nothing he can do.”

New York’s bail-reform law, which went into effect earlier this year, eliminates the bail requirement for suspects accused of most misdemeanors, including burglary and stalking. Suspects in violent felonies are still required to post bail. Even before the law was adopted, New York law forbade judges from considering many suspects’ potential danger to the community before setting bail.

So, is anybody here cool with that? Where's the deterrent? And why on God's green earth would anybody vote for a democrat who has more sympathy for a looter/rioter than they do for you?

If you look across the country at the cities where the worst riots and looting are occurring, it's all democratic places. Many of them for decades, and yet the voters in those places still vote blue. It's beyond ridiculous, but I guess you reap what you sow.

New Topics

Forum List

Back