Nuke power plant question raised again.

Dude, if you think I'm a conservative, you must be a Marxist

J, Are you guys all on dope? Can anyone read a post or understand the quoting process here? LMAO!

Bro! I was talking to your herO taichiliberal, who you sucked butt to, but then he / she still slapped you down anyway with a rude response. I wasn't talking to you, I never quoted you, and I could care less if you're a Conservative or not. An American is good enough for me. :razz: ~BH

They have not been trying hard enough to get water circulating at these reactors. They have had enough time to replace or repair those back-up generators to get those pumps running. They have dropped the ball on this nuclear emergency. Now it is turning into a disaster.

I see it as adding insult to injury......those clouds from reactor explosions are going to be a real bitch to the public health down the road that can't be ignored, and have yet to come to full and terrible fruition.

Within two months the vast majority of ionizing radiation (the dangerous stuff) will be gone. The rest is fairly benign and while you don't want to eat it or sleep in it, it is mild enough as to be no longer a problem.

Two hours, let alone two months of exposure to certain levels of radiation will set you up for future cancers and such that may or may not be treatable, if it doesn't kill you outright in a matter of days or weeks. The "fairly benign" stuff you mention will be in the ground, water, food, live stock...and that's a nice set up for future cancers. This is a major FUBB (fucked up beyond belief) syndrome that won't be minimized by NRC, nuclear industry or gov't placating or rationalization.

Only partially true. Ionizing radiation is the only type you need worry about. Radioactive isotopes with long half lives like Strontium 90 and Cesium 137 at 28 and 30 years each approximately are benign so long as you do not ingest them. Years long exposure to large concentrations is another story but that is not the scenario here. Iodine 131 has a half life of 8 days, which means it's radiating like a son of a bitch. That will kill you, the rest no. There have been extensive tests and monitoring of the Hiroshima and Nagasaki survivors as well as the British Commonwealth POWs who were within a mile and a half from one of the bombs. There has been no discernible effect from the radiation. So long as you survived the initial radiation effects the following years saw the survivors lead normal lives with the normal rates of cancer etc. In fact the only known survivor of both weapons, Tsutomu Yamaguchi just died at the age of 93. The cause was stomach cancer but he was 20 years older than the average age of death so I doubt that was a factor.

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/07/world/asia/07yamaguchi.html

Sounds like another neocon/conservative/corporatist
:lol:

That is some funny shit

Not as funny as what I did to you on Post #27, of which you obviously have no logical or rational response to. Carry on.

Oh ok, I get it. You make a crystal clear mistake for everyone to witness, Yet you run away and don't own up to it? Yeah, just what I figured from a coward with no honor. And just for the record, if you think that you can spin and twist things in order to fool the stupid sheople, just remember you're the one shoveling their crap up in the barn. You're not even smart enough to be one of them. Just scrape up that shit because that's all a blind, lying, useful tool like yourself is worth. :lol: ~BH

I would have no problem with nuke plants IF they had the problem of decontaminating that waste/spent rods solved. But they don't, they just store it away and hope someone will solve the problem in the near future.

That's several decades of nuke waste, man. Not good!

And you're right about accidents.....case in point here on Long Island, New York investors footed the bill for the failed Shoreham Plant, but eventually the taxpayer got stuck with the clean up and shut down!

And of course, if there are no immediate deaths or illnesses, the State and the company go into overdrive to deny cancers and deaths of surrounding residents years later.

I really feel for the people of Japan, because for a lot of folk their hell is just beginning.

So I can count you as an enthusiastic supporter of nuclear power now? the only reason we have a problem with nuclear waste in the US is that people like you stopped us from building newer reactors that recycle it. France gets 17% of its electricity from recycled nuclear fuel, and is building the first generation 3 reactor now.

Nuclear Power in France | French Nuclear Energy

Yep, and here's a couple of facts about France that willfully ignorant Windbag's don't want to hear about:

EDF nuclear waste stored in open air in Russia: report | Reuters

France reports incidents at 8 nuclear plants

http://texasvox.org/2011/02/22/franc...uclear-plants/

France Moves Ahead With Nuclear Waste Project

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=12837958

For the first, I never said there was no waste.

For the second, so what? Do you have any idea what requires an incident report at a nuclear power plant?

For the third, see my response to the first.

2011-03-16-chronicle-cartoon.jpg

First, Obama and the Dimocrats were able to put a end to offshore drilling, when the public wants it, because of the BP oil spill. The moratorium on offshore drilling is still going on, despite the fact that oil prices are skyrocketing! It will continue to go on.

Next, the 30 year moratorium on nuclear power was set to end because of political pressure. In 30 years there has never been a meltdown at ANY of the 104 nuclear reactors in this country! NONE! All we had is OVER-BLOWN Three Mile Island incident. NOTHING MORE. Yet for 30 years no new nuclear plants. Now we were set to do it and the Dimocrats are set to put a moratorium on it, because of the Japan meltdown! They say we need to learn from Japan incident before we go forward with more plants. Here is the lesson: Don't build the plants on fault lines or close to fault lines and don't build them were huricane and tsunami are effect them!!! Lesson learned, now build the plants like planned!

Natural Gas is getting attacked because of Fracking (which is a reason issue and concern I might add).

Next Coal will come under attack, because in the words to the Douche Bag in NV, "Coal makes us sick!"

If electric cars are our future and YES THEY ARE OUR FUTURE!!! Then we will need an abundance of stationary power sources. Sorry but wind and solar aren't going to cut the mustard at this point or anytime in the near future!

BBC News - Japan earthquake: Impact on US nuclear energy future?
He notes the comments of Senators Joe Lieberman and Chuck Schumer on Sunday urging caution when it comes to additional nuclear plants.

Mr Lieberman called for Congress to "put the brakes" on building nuclear capacity until the lessons from Japan can be assessed and absorbed.

Robert Alvarez, a nuclear expert at the Institute for Policy Studies, sees the current anti-government, anti-spending mood in Washington also working against the momentum on nuclear power.

"Given the combination of what is transpiring in Japan and the tremendous zeal, especially by the Tea Party element of the Republican party, to make deep cuts in the budget, I think the prospects for [the nuclear] loan guarantees are very dim."

But the most lasting impact of Japan is likely to be on America's existing nuclear facilities.

Political pressure for more stringent oversight by the Nuclear Regulatory Committee, America's nuclear authority, is already mounting.

Democrats Henry Waxman and Ed Markey, who authored the 2009 climate bill, are calling for an investigation and hearings into the safety and preparedness of America's nuclear plants, 23 of which have similar designs to the Fukushima plant.

To clue in this jabbering jackass Ghook:

--- within two years after 3 Mile Island, you had a spike in infant, child, and elderly deaths along with various cancers (i.e., thyroid) indicative to radiation poisoning.

Three Mile Island Leak: Nuclear Regulatory Commission to Investigate - ABC News

--- Nuke power accidents have been happening for decades...but so long as there are no immediate and/or massive numbers of illness/death, the MSM doesn't trumpet it beyond a 72 hour limit

U.S. Nuclear Accidents

Major Nuclear Power Plant Accidents

---- Obviously, our jabbering Ghook is a bit behind the times regarding Obama:

Obama unveils plan to build new nuclear plant
Advertisement

Obama OKs Oil Drilling off U.S. Coasts

Obama OKs Oil Drilling off U.S. Coasts - CBS News

I know all about the after effects of 3 mile island and they should be taken seriously, but shutting down nuclear plants for over 3 decades was not the answer. And take you propaganda and other meltdowns and shove it up your ass.

Earth to stupid, he authorized a nuclear power plant before Japan and now the DEMOCRATS are want to continue moratorium because of Japan!

Obama authorized ONE contract to offshore oil!!! ONE!!! That is using the crisis to shut down offshore drilling!

So I can count you as an enthusiastic supporter of nuclear power now? the only reason we have a problem with nuclear waste in the US is that people like you stopped us from building newer reactors that recycle it. France gets 17% of its electricity from recycled nuclear fuel, and is building the first generation 3 reactor now.

Nuclear Power in France | French Nuclear Energy

Yep, and here's a couple of facts about France that willfully ignorant Windbag's don't want to hear about:

EDF nuclear waste stored in open air in Russia: report | Reuters

France reports incidents at 8 nuclear plants

http://texasvox.org/2011/02/22/franc...uclear-plants/

France Moves Ahead With Nuclear Waste Project

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=12837958

For the first, I never said there was no waste.

You stated the following, "....the only reason we have a problem with nuclear waste in the US is that people like you stopped us from building newer reactors that recycle it."

That is a totally ignorant statement by a Windbag that offered no proof other than a PR piece on French nuke plant technology. All I did was fill in the blanks that obviously you and your website seem to want to ignore. TFB if you don't like ALL the FACTS, but no one said life was easy.

For the second, so what? Do you have any idea what requires an incident report at a nuclear power plant?

Secondly, only a willfully ignorant Windbag would try to blow off the seriousness of nuclear waste, and then try to pretend that avoidance of paper work is a justifiable excuse to continue a process that produces deadly waste of which France cannot handle on it's own.

For the third, see my response to the first.

Likewise.

First, Obama and the Dimocrats were able to put a end to offshore drilling, when the public wants it, because of the BP oil spill. The moratorium on offshore drilling is still going on, despite the fact that oil prices are skyrocketing! It will continue to go on.

Next, the 30 year moratorium on nuclear power was set to end because of political pressure. In 30 years there has never been a meltdown at ANY of the 104 nuclear reactors in this country! NONE! All we had is OVER-BLOWN Three Mile Island incident. NOTHING MORE. Yet for 30 years no new nuclear plants. Now we were set to do it and the Dimocrats are set to put a moratorium on it, because of the Japan meltdown! They say we need to learn from Japan incident before we go forward with more plants. Here is the lesson: Don't build the plants on fault lines or close to fault lines and don't build them were huricane and tsunami are effect them!!! Lesson learned, now build the plants like planned!

Natural Gas is getting attacked because of Fracking (which is a reason issue and concern I might add).

Next Coal will come under attack, because in the words to the Douche Bag in NV, "Coal makes us sick!"

If electric cars are our future and YES THEY ARE OUR FUTURE!!! Then we will need an abundance of stationary power sources. Sorry but wind and solar aren't going to cut the mustard at this point or anytime in the near future!

To clue in this jabbering jackass Ghook:

--- within two years after 3 Mile Island, you had a spike in infant, child, and elderly deaths along with various cancers (i.e., thyroid) indicative to radiation poisoning.

Three Mile Island Leak: Nuclear Regulatory Commission to Investigate - ABC News

--- Nuke power accidents have been happening for decades...but so long as there are no immediate and/or massive numbers of illness/death, the MSM doesn't trumpet it beyond a 72 hour limit

U.S. Nuclear Accidents

Major Nuclear Power Plant Accidents

---- Obviously, our jabbering Ghook is a bit behind the times regarding Obama:

Obama unveils plan to build new nuclear plant
Advertisement

Obama OKs Oil Drilling off U.S. Coasts

Obama OKs Oil Drilling off U.S. Coasts - CBS News

I know all about the after effects of 3 mile island and they should be taken seriously, but shutting down nuclear plants for over 3 decades was not the answer. And take you propaganda and other meltdowns and shove it up your ass.

And there you have it folks.....insipidly stubborn jackasses like Ghook don't give a damn about people dying of cancers due to nuke plant accidents, or about the environmental impact of leaks and such. Documented evidence is "propaganda" to toadies like Ghook because it's not HIS flabby ass being contaminated or living in a an area that has been the recipient of these happenings. For Ghook, it's all about the ideology...until the shit hits his backyard.

Earth to stupid, he authorized a nuclear power plant before Japan and now the DEMOCRATS are want to continue moratorium because of Japan!

And who said there was another timeline, you dolt? YOU stated that Obama was totally against nuke plants...YOU didn't give a timeline, did you bunky? I merely pointed out how recently YOU WERE WRONG. What will happen now is anyone's guess.

Obama authorized ONE contract to offshore oil!!! ONE!!! That is using the crisis to shut down offshore drilling!

Really? Because his annoucement didn't state that....perhaps YOU can provide proof of what you say. If not, spare me the BS.

Learn to fucking use the quote and to cut and paste.

You stated the following, "....the only reason we have a problem with nuclear waste in the US is that people like you stopped us from building newer reactors that recycle it."

That is a totally ignorant statement by a Windbag that offered no proof other than a PR piece on French nuke plant technology. All I did was fill in the blanks that obviously you and your website seem to want to ignore. TFB if you don't like ALL the FACTS, but no one said life was easy.

Are you denying that people like you stopped nuclear power in its tracks decades ago?

Secondly, only a willfully ignorant Windbag would try to blow off the seriousness of nuclear waste, and then try to pretend that avoidance of paper work is a justifiable excuse to continue a process that produces deadly waste of which France cannot handle on it's own.

Do you understand the difference between an incident at a nuclear power plant, which was your second point, and waste?

I am not saying waste is not a problem, I am stating that, if we were not still using first generation reactors that should have been phased out by now, waste would be less of a problem.

Are you denying that people like you stopped nuclear power in its tracks decades ago?

Do you understand the difference between an incident at a nuclear power plant, which was your second point, and waste?

I am not saying waste is not a problem, I am stating that, if we were not still using first generation reactors that should have been phased out by now, waste would be less of a problem.

learn to stop being a whiny little Windbag bitch, because You could read EVERYTHING I posted and responded to. Bottom line: an intellectually bankrupt Windbag can't logically or factually refute what I post, so he blows smoke.

I'm still waiting for you to provide proof of your statement, you dense Windbag. See, in a debate/discussion, when you make a statement and people ask you to provide proof of what you say, that doesn't mean you just repeat your BS by turning it into a question. Any High School English teacher heading a Debate Squad will tell you that. So quit your stalling, my intellectually bankrupt Windbag....prove what you say or just keep blowing smoke.

Do you realize that you can't bullshit your way past me when the chronology of the posts shows what statements were made, how they were responded to and what evidence was presented to support a persons statements or responses? Knock of the Windbag bullshit, get your quantum shit together and honestly debate the issue as it happens.

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3432758-post50.html

You're a lying Windbag, as the chronology of the posts shows. What you state here is NOT what you were stating point for point previously. Why don't you fucking grow up and just deal with being wrong on a point? It won't kill you, as I and others have done so when warranted on these discussion boards for years.

Bottom line: history shows how the unwilling the nuclear power industry was and is to change or to be open to critical review by experts in the field. Regardless of all the alleged new designs, there were NO plans regarding nuclear waste that accumulated from old or proposed new nuke plants. It's the same old storage or bury or ship it around BS....and the existing plants that operated with all types of flaws, mishaps and accidents were ardently defended (and still are ) as perfectly safe and within safe parameters.

And as I've documented here, that's just a Windbag of bullshit.

Last edited:
On Sight Fuel Repossessing would be a big plus, it would actually eliminate the dangers in transport and stockpiling wasted fuel rods. I would want to see modern plants built in more remote areas, away from known earthquake, flood, tornado areas. Areas where security is at an advantage, and evacuation actually doable.

We should not be blocking Natural Gas Plants, nor Hydro, both technologies are much more highly advanced than the past. There are Multiple advantages here. They also don't all shut down at once, because of a glitch in the system, leaving everyone screwed for weeks, like the nuke plants do. We need a stronger infrastructure, not a handicapped one.

learn to stop being a whiny little Windbag bitch, because You could read EVERYTHING I posted and responded to. Bottom line: an intellectually bankrupt Windbag can't logically or factually refute what I post, so he blows smoke.

I am too stupid to do what intelligent people do, you are required by the liberal aganda to compensate for my lack of intelligence by pretending I am as smart as everyone else.

idiotliberal said:
I'm still waiting for you to provide proof of your statement, you dense Windbag. See, in a debate/discussion, when you make a statement and people ask you to provide proof of what you say, that doesn't mean you just repeat your BS by turning it into a question. Any High School English teacher heading a Debate Squad will tell you that. So quit your stalling, my intellectually bankrupt Windbag....prove what you say or just keep blowing smoke.

Proof of what? That there are idiots who oppose nuclear power?

Anti-nuclear movement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

idiotliberal said:
Do you realize that you can't bullshit your way past me when the chronology of the posts shows what statements were made, how they were responded to and what evidence was presented to support a persons statements or responses? Knock of the Windbag bullshit, get your quantum shit together and honestly debate the issue as it happens.
Like I said in a previous post, learn to cut and paste. If you do you might not end up talking about one thing after posting about another.

idiotliberal said:
You're a lying Windbag, as the chronology of the posts shows. What you state here is NOT what you were stating point for point previously. Why don't you fucking grow up and just deal with being wrong on a point? It won't kill you, as I and others have done so when warranted on these discussion boards for years.

Bottom line: history shows how the unwilling the nuclear power industry was and is to change or to be open to critical review by experts in the field. Regardless of all the alleged new designs, there were NO plans regarding nuclear waste that accumulated from old or proposed new nuke plants. It's the same old storage or bury or ship it around BS....and the existing plants that operated with all types of flaws, mishaps and accidents were ardently defended (and still are ) as perfectly safe and within safe parameters.

And as I've documented here, that's just a Windbag of bullshit.

History shows that you are an idiot liberal.

Last edited:

FYI:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/3432758-post50.html

We need to learn to be more environmentally friendly in mining resources, that especially relates to the various chemicals contaminating our water tables. The bottom line here is not money, but a workable long term solution that we can all live with. Government is also a part of the problem here, enabling and covering for unethical practices. For once, I would love to see the high road taken.

In the U.S., the search for the next Bakken is in full swing, with the Niobrara formation near the border of Colorado and Wyoing showing the most promise, and similar approaches being tried in Texas and Oklahoma.

Like all new oil frontiers, it has its challenges.

The drilling advancements are costly and require oil prices above $50 a barrel to be economic. Once in production, wells decline rapidly.

Adoption of the technology globally could take a long time, as international companies gain expertise, often by investing in U.S. and Canadian firms that know how to do it. And political interference is a given, once the off oil movement gets up to speed.

Read more: Fracturing to shake up oil exploration

March 18th, 2011 - Fracking, also known as hydraulic fracturing, fracing, and fracture stimulation, is when shale gas drilling companies come to an area, buy up drilling rights from landowners, cut new roads and raze patches of land in formerly undisturbed natural environments, cart in and out tens of millions of gallons of water and tons of chemicals and "proppants" like sand with hundreds of big rig trucks that produce tons of diesel emissions and wear down existing roads, drill holes that go vertically down and then horizontally under multiple properties, mix the water, chemicals, and proppants together on-site to make fracking fluid, run compressors that produce more diesel emissions to pump the fluid into the wells at high pressure to shatter underground deposits of shale and release bound-up natural gas, pump some of the fluid back out and cart it off to who knows where while leaving the rest underground, install permanent equipment to "clean" and capture most of the natural gas that comes back up the well and to release gas into the air when there's excess pressure, and then pack up, go home, and cash checks while the land stays pockmarked with drill pads, the air's been polluted with volatile organic compounds, and the water supply of everyone downstream is left in jeopardy--drilling in New York State could affect you, NYC! And you, Philly! And you, New Jersey! Much of the interest in exploration lies in the Delaware River Basin in NE Pennsylvania and NY State's Southern Tier, as well as the Catskills region, areas that supply your water. Water, water everywhere...

No Fracking! Stop Hydraulic Fracturing Natural Gas Stimulation Drilling in New York State

While water does not have the romance of oil or natural gas, and does not get the defense, because it is provided by municipalities, rather than for profit companies.

However, see which you can go the longest without, water, natural gas, or oil.

And we are already short of water in many urban areas. Can we afford to contaminate water for the recovery of oil or natural gas?

Forum List

Back