NRA rolls out new ads

You mean the way machine guns are illegal, and yet violent felons still somehow get their hands on them? Tell me, how do gun control laws eliminate drive-by shootings?

Did I ever say that gun control laws prevent felons from getting guns?

Tell me where I said that. It's a measure TO Prevent them from getting guns but doesn't prevent it completely.

Just like making drugs illegal and yet people still get their hands on them.

I'm not engaging in a strawman argument.

If you don't want felons to have guns, then you make measures like Gun Control laws. Whats not simple about that logic? :cuckoo:
Except the laws already exist.

Gun control advocates want new laws that, regardless of their intent, only effect law-abiding citizens.

For example, gun-free zones.

Absolutely moronic.

Unless you feel we rather should go around shooting them, which is what you said in you rather prefer dead criminals.
Go around shooting who? We're not going around anywhere shooting anyone. Generally the criminals reveal themselves by being in your home in the middle of the night.

But when a man is put on trial for defending his home against an invader the law has done something grievously wrong.

Tell me where I said that. It's a measure TO Prevent them from getting guns but doesn't prevent it completely.

You said if there were no gun laws, violent felons would be able to get their hands on guns, as if the gun control laws keep guns out of felons hands They already get their hands on guns with the restrictions in place.

I don't get where Ninja thinks Gun Control laws are a bad thing.

Am I wanting to take your guns away? No

Am I wanting to make sure there are laws in place so least the country will be a little safer? Yes

Do I believe that criminals can still get their hands on guns if they really wanted? Of Course

Would I support Barack Obama's view on Guns if it was his current stance from what Navy posted? No

When and if the day the comes where the Gov't tries to take away your guns, I'll stand right up there with you. It reminds me of a quote.

When they took the 4th Amendment, I was quiet because I didn't deal drugs.
When they took the 6th Amendment, I was quiet because I am innocent.
When they took the 2nd Amendment, I was quiet because I don't own a gun.
Now they have taken the 1st Amendment, and I can only be quiet.
– Lyle Myhr

I've debated on this board in support of the 2nd amendment. I was severely against the fact that people's guns were taken away from them during Hurricane Katrina. (Though thankfully there is a law against such measures now.)

I'm not out to take your guns, so for those trying to paint me with that brush are misleading.

You said if there were no gun laws, violent felons would be able to get their hands on guns, as if the gun control laws keep guns out of felons hands They already get their hands on guns with the restrictions in place.

Well yes, Violent felons would be able to get their hands on guns (MORE EASIER) I should say.

That better? And that's now a fact isn't it?

OK, I'll bite: What is a responsible, 2nd Amend. friendly form of gun control that does not currently exist and when do we know we have infringed upon a right?

Nothing accusatory here, just asking to avoid any misunderstandings.

Well yes, Violent felons would be able to get their hands on guns (MORE EASIER) I should say.

That better? And that's now a fact isn't it?

It's hard to tell. In the innercity, I dont think it would be any easier for people to get uzi's than it is now.

Except the laws already exist.

Gun control advocates want new laws that, regardless of their intent, only effect law-abiding citizens.

For example, gun-free zones.

Absolutely moronic.

Go around shooting who? We're not going around anywhere shooting anyone. Generally the criminals reveal themselves by being in your home in the middle of the night.

But when a man is put on trial for defending his home against an invader the law has done something grievously wrong.

For your 1st point, perhaps the current laws need to be revised or better enforced then. We have too many innocent and accidental gun deaths in this country, never mind the amount of criminals who can get their hands on guns.

To the gun-free zones, I can see certain areas being gun free zones. I.E: School zones, playgrounds,etc.

On your second point: I mistook that then, I thought you were saying we would go around shooting criminals.

I believe in the right if someone invades your home, trying to harm you then you have the right to respond in fashion with a gun or weapon of choice.

I agree that when a man is on trial for defending his home and family from criminals against an invader of the law who's intent was to harm is when the law is wrong.

OK, I'll bite: What is a responsible, 2nd Amend. friendly form of gun control that does not currently exist and when do we know we have infringed upon a right?

Look what I said above. If that doesn't explain my views then I'm willing to reanswer your question.

I'm going to try and be gentle.....

Obama and Biden want more "Gun Control".......yet we already have it in place. Felons aren't allowed to by guns.....it's the law.

What then do you think they are referring to???

What they want are gun restrictions.......for example....here in the Golden state.... the attorney general has deemed that no handgun's available right now fit the loaded chamber indicator criteria. Do you know what that does???

For one.....many handguns are devoid of loaded chamber indicators.....and the ones that are....are left out too because they are insufficient to qualify by ruling of the AG.

Qualify for what you may ask......??? The California Approved Roster of Handguns. Handguns must be on this list before you buy them from a dealer....if not....no handgun. No guns to put on this list anymore and....."Poof".....theres the gun control we are hearing about.

Ninja has spoken about the government "nuetering" the 2nd.....and that is what is happening in California. Restrict the guns to the point of extinction.....thats their plan.

Does this make any sense to ya?????

It's hard to tell. In the innercity, I dont think it would be any easier for people to get uzi's than it is now.

Maybe in the inner city where illegal guns are already rampant, easier to get,etc. It all depends on what city your talking about. The same can be said for certain country sides too.

But the only thing is where do the people in the inner cities get the guns from? Not the people who use them, rather the people who use them get them from.

Illegal gun dealers.

I feel there is a need for Gun Control laws but at the same time not step over it's boundries and infrige on people's rights to bear arms.

If we have to let the government know anything about our purchase of a firearm, our rights have been infringed upon.

When it is illegal to own any firearm, including a machine gun, our rights have been infringed upon.

Maybe in the inner city where illegal guns are already rampant, easier to get,etc. It all depends on what city your talking about. The same can be said for certain country sides too.

But the only thing is where do the people in the inner cities get the guns from? Not the people who use them, rather the people who use them get them from.

Illegal gun dealers.

I feel there is a need for Gun Control laws but at the same time not step over it's boundries and infrige on people's rights to bear arms.

That's just it. When alcohol was illegal, Al Capone made millions selling alcohol illegally, just like drug lords today make millions or billions.

I'm going to try and be gentle.....

Obama and Biden want more "Gun Control".......yet we already have it in place. Felons aren't allowed to by guns.....it's the law.

What then do you think they are referring to???

What they want are gun restrictions.......for example....here in the Golden state.... the attorney general has deemed that no handgun's available right now fit the loaded chamber indicator criteria. Do you know what that does???

For one.....many handguns are devoid of loaded chamber indicators.....and the ones that are....are left out too because they are insufficient to qualify by ruling of the AG.

Qualify for what you may ask......??? The California Approved Roster of Handguns. Handguns must be on this list before you buy them from a dealer....if not....no handgun. No guns to put on this list anymore and....."Poof".....theres the gun control we are hearing about.

Ninja has spoken about the government "nuetering" the 2nd.....and that is what is happening in California. Restrict the guns to the point of extinction.....thats their plan.

Does this make any sense to ya?????

It makes sense to me certainly. I don't live in CA so that's certainly new for me to hear. Thank you for bringing that up.

I personally rather not see that happen.

At this point I'm not debating for MORE gun control, just gun control in general.

If we would have more gun control, I just rather not see it infrige on people's rights but that seems tougher to do these days.

For your 1st point, perhaps the current laws need to be revised or better enforced then. We have too many innocent and accidental gun deaths in this country, never mind the amount of criminals who can get their hands on guns.

To the gun-free zones, I can see certain areas being gun free zones. I.E: School zones, playgrounds,etc.

On your second point: I mistook that then, I thought you were saying we would go around shooting criminals.

I believe in the right if someone invades your home, trying to harm you then you have the right to respond in fashion with a gun or weapon of choice.

I agree that when a man is on trial for defending his home and family from criminals against an invader of the law who's intent was to harm is when the law is wrong.

Please dont use accidental gun deaths as a reason for gun control......how many kids drown in pools each year as a result of negligence??

Also......how many less people would have died if some law-abiding teachers were packing at Columbine and V. Tech?????

no, you're fine; we cross-posted.

SERIOUS QUERY: If a killer was bent on mass murder do you think he would seek out a gun range or a gun-free zone?

Gun-Free zone obviously. But that's why we need to rely on Police.

Besides, I'm not naive and I know that people will still carry these guns in the gun-free zones.

But that's going into whole another debate like whether teachers should be allowed to carry guns because of things like Columbine,etc.

Please dont use accidental gun deaths as a reason for gun control......how many kids drown in pools each year as a result of negligence??

Also......how many less people would have died if some law-abiding teachers were packing at Columbine and V. Tech?????

How ironic is it that I brought that up in a post made at the same time.

We are thinking on the same page here.

That's just it. When alcohol was illegal, Al Capone made millions selling alcohol illegally, just like drug lords today make millions or billions.

Exactly, trust me your talking to someone who is a big supporter to end "The War on Drugs" but again that is a whole another debate. Also, someone who knows all about Prohibition and the Mafia.

Alcohol and Guns are two different things. Though together make a dangerous combo. THAT we can all agree upon no?

Forum List

Back