Now this would piss me off.

The mainstream media is completely full of baloney.
I read today that over 70% of the American public now no longer have any confidence in the veracity and objectivity of the national media.

The major media have jumped the proverbial shark with this election.

I'm not sure I believe this story.

I was raking leaves in my front yard about a year after I got out of the USAF and had on my fatigue top. This was in California, and a local city cop was driving by, stopped, and told me to either take the shirt off or remove the S/Sgt stripes. Apparently it is OK to wear part of the uniform as long as you don't have your rank on it. Correct me and the cop if I am wrong.

"United States v. Alvarez, 567 U.S. ___ (2012), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court struck down the Stolen Valor Act, a federal law that criminalized false statements about having a military medal. The law had been passed as an effort to stem instances where people falsely claimed to have won the medal in an attempt to protect the "valor" of those who really had. While a 6-3 majority of the Supreme Court agreed that the law was unconstitutional under the First Amendment's free speech protections,..."
United States v. Alvarez - Wikipedia

How could that cop be right?

And thank you for your service.

Chili's removes Cedar Hill manager who took away man's free Veterans Day meal | Restaurants | Dallas News

For his free meal on Veterans Day, Ernest Walker picked the Chili's Grill & Bar in Cedar Hill. The 47-year-old sat at a table and ordered a burger while his service dog, Barack, waited by his side.

Chili's is apologizing for what happened next.

As Walker tells it, an elderly white man wearing a Donald Trump shirt approached him and said that he was in Germany and that blacks weren't allowed to serve there. Walker, who is black, says he was wearing his old Army uniform.

The man walked to the back of the restaurant, Walker says, and a waitress came to pack his leftovers. Then a manager showed up.

In a widely shared Facebook post, Walker wrote that the manager claimed another guest said Walker was not "a real soldier" because he was wearing his hat indoors. Walker said he provided a military ID at the manager's request, along with his discharge papers.

I can not believe there are people stupid enough to believe "blacks aren't allowed to serve in Germany", let alone there is someone out there who would try and make that case.

Taken on face value, this story is OUTRAGEOUS.

However I don't take anything I read online at face value.

"Old white guy with a Trump shirt" started this? By saying blacks aren't allowed to serve in Germany?

I'm not convinced all of the facts are out, but on face value this manager should have had more tact and let the man leave with the To-Go box.

I was raking leaves in my front yard about a year after I got out of the USAF and had on my fatigue top. This was in California, and a local city cop was driving by, stopped, and told me to either take the shirt off or remove the S/Sgt stripes. Apparently it is OK to wear part of the uniform as long as you don't have your rank on it. Correct me and the cop if I am wrong.

"United States v. Alvarez, 567 U.S. ___ (2012), was a United States Supreme Court case in which the Court struck down the Stolen Valor Act, a federal law that criminalized false statements about having a military medal. The law had been passed as an effort to stem instances where people falsely claimed to have won the medal in an attempt to protect the "valor" of those who really had. While a 6-3 majority of the Supreme Court agreed that the law was unconstitutional under the First Amendment's free speech protections,..."

It is too complicated for me, but I do know that any civilian with or without prior service can go into an Army/Navy surplus store and buy military clothing. There will never be any medal, ribbons or stripes on the clothing. They could buy all of that and attach or sew it on if they wanted too.

Something is fishy...no Soldier, Marine or Airman would wear their cover inside. Just doesn't happen. And though I retain my uniform...I would never wear it, even on Veterans Day.

I see that you left out sailor in that remark. Good.

Just kidding. The Navy's alright. For fags.

Seriously, just kidding that time. Mostly. Kinda.

I don't know about the rest of the services, but in the Marine Corps one does not wear a cover without being on duty and wearing a duty belt. And we are not allowed to wear our uniforms unless we retired from the service after doing at least 20 years.

Something is fishy...no Soldier, Marine or Airman would wear their cover inside. Just doesn't happen. And though I retain my uniform...I would never wear it, even on Veterans Day.
Twenty-three years in the military and after retiring, I have three covers I kept from the time I served with the grunts. One green camouflage, one desert camouflage boonie cover, and my white cover. Since retiring, I do wear the desert boonie on my head in the summer when out and about and don't bother to remove it in a fast food place. Obviously, I won't do it in a regular restaurant, but don't care about the fast food places. I don't carry my discharge papers with me. That seems a bit much, but I do have my retired ID card.

Cook whites?

They were nearly extinct by 2004 when I was at Ft Hood. Most chow halls were contracted.
Not cook whites. I was a Navy Corpsman serving with the Marines.

Rrrrrrrrr.

It is too complicated for me, but I do know that any civilian with or without prior service can go into an Army/Navy surplus store and buy military clothing. There will never be any medal, ribbons or stripes on the clothing. They could buy all of that and attach or sew it on if they wanted too.

Yup....and, as wrong as the courts were in Alvarez, you are certainly within your rights to wear what you actually earned.

This may be a dumb question, but I wonder if my favorite actor would have been given the same treatment. Before going into the acting field, he served in the Army, only it wasn't the U.S. Army because he is from Australia. I believe that he served in the Army over there. Because he wasn't in the U.S. Army, I wonder if he would've been denied a free meal.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. Here is a photograph of him. Matt Passmore is his name and he is best known for being the lead character of the A&E show named The Glades which is the show that introduced me to him. :) :) :)

21c95db987c0e583f9a5cad09d84fb4b.jpg

If this story is true Chili's better offer once damn good apology - like eat free for a month.

Forum List

Back