Now the Taliban has billions of dollars of state of the art US weapons? What is stopping them from selling our weapons to terrorists?

Lol, what "state of the art" weapons did we leave? Gonna hafta do better than night vision goggles, they aren't cave men. They've seen them before.

Black Hawk Helicopters. They can sell them. But likely people who know how to pilot them will come into the country to help the Taliban

But the relationship between China and the Islamist militant group is “tricky” because Beijing targets what it calls religious extremism among ethnic minority Muslims in Xinjiang

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. China will no doubt make their friendship with the Taliban work if it will hurt us. Afghanistan is far enough away from China that they can keep them at arms length.

Lol, what "state of the art" weapons did we leave? Gonna hafta do better than night vision goggles, they aren't cave men. They've seen them before.

Also for some reason we left behind those biometric scanners

You don't have to worry though, it wont be your door they come knocking on, so you can feely say there is no problem.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. China will no doubt make their friendship with the Taliban work if it will hurt us. Afghanistan is far enough away from China that they can keep them at arms length.
How does it hurt us?
We finally got our asses out of there

Now, a Taliban led Afghanistan is on China’s doorstep (they share a border) and can stir up trouble with Chinas oppressed Muslim population

No problem. The Iranians thank you for all that equipment you donated to them. They'd also like to tell you that this is the biggest windfall since Obama gave them those pallets of cash money.
Same thing happened in Vietnam

Black Hawk Helicopters. They can sell them. But likely people who know how to pilot them will come into the country to help the Taliban

This is stuff they siezed from the Afghani air force. Nothing "state of the art" about it. I saw they got some McDonald Douglas crap from the 70s and some piston engine powered "fighters". I've not seen anything about Blackhawks.

Rightwinger:
"I wish Conservatives were as passionate about stopping school shootings as they are about stopping kids from wearing masks"

I do too
:)-
I am totally amazed at truly how stupid some of you people are! Why can't you use the internet and FIND these FACTS???
Ignore the biased MSM! The ONLY news they report is NEGATIVE NEWS!
Have any of you heard these FACTS from ANY MSM????
FACTS...
How many children age 0-17 have died from COVID?
FACT:
Since the start of the pandemic 18 months ago, in January 2020,
a total of 335 children ages 17 and under have died of COVID-19, according to the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Question:How many kids under age 17 have gotten COVID?
As of August 19, over 4.59 million children have tested positive for COVID-19 since the onset of the pandemic.
How many children are hospitalized with COVID?
1.6%-3.6% of their total cumulated hospitalizations, or 166,000 !
How many children under age 18 in the USA???
How many children under age 18 in the US
Today, the number of children (under age 18) in the United States is at an all-time high of 74.2 million.Jan 1, 2011

I am absolutely amazed at some of you people's ignorance!
Think about IT! 0.00045270% That is how many kids under 17 have died from COVID!
Think about IT! 6.20270270% of the 74 million kids get COVID!
Think about it! 2.22% of the 4.59 million cases are hospitalized!
And you idiots don't ask the MSM about this??

Now the Taliban has billions of dollars of state of the art US weapons? What is stopping them from selling our weapons to terrorists?​

Point of order, Mr. Chairman....the Taliban ARE 'terrorists'.

:p

This is stuff they siezed from the Afghani air force. Nothing "state of the art" about it. I saw they got some McDonald Douglas crap from the 70s and some piston engine powered "fighters". I've not seen anything about Blackhawks.
1. Without 'state of the art' weapons and equipment this dress-wearing, musket-firing enemy has 'pushed the US out of Afghanistan', swept across Afghanistan retaking nearly every major city in Afghanistan, and just took over the govt. Imagine what they can do now with 'advanced' weapons, specially modified armored vehicles, tanks, and now an 'air force'.

2. What the US left for the Taliban, Al Qaeda, & ISIS:

- More than 2,000 armored vehicles, including U.S. Humvees, and up to 40 aircraft potentially including UH-60 Black Hawks, scout attack helicopters, and ScanEagle military drones.

- Since 2003 the United States has provided Afghan forces with at least 600,000 infantry weapons including M16 assault rifles, 162,000 pieces of communication equipment, and 16,000 night-vision goggle devices.

** Andrew Small, a Chinese foreign policy expert at the German Marshall Fund of the United States, said the Taliban was likely to grant Beijing access to any U.S. weapons they may now have control over.

This arsenal is nothing to laugh at.

1. Without 'state of the art' weapons and equipment this dress-wearing, musket-firing enemy has 'pushed the US out of Afghanistan', swept across Afghanistan retaking nearly every major city in Afghanistan, and just took over the govt. Imagine what they can do now with 'advanced' weapons, specially modified armored vehicles, tanks, and now an 'air force'.

2. What the US left for the Taliban, Al Qaeda, & ISIS:

- More than 2,000 armored vehicles, including U.S. Humvees, and up to 40 aircraft potentially including UH-60 Black Hawks, scout attack helicopters, and ScanEagle military drones.

- Since 2003 the United States has provided Afghan forces with at least 600,000 infantry weapons including M16 assault rifles, 162,000 pieces of communication equipment, and 16,000 night-vision goggle devices.

** Andrew Small, a Chinese foreign policy expert at the German Marshall Fund of the United States, said the Taliban was likely to grant Beijing access to any U.S. weapons they may now have control over.

This arsenal is nothing to laugh at.

There's. Nothing "high tech" about any of that. All of that is 1970s technology. The aircraft are piston engine planes and a few old scout helicopters that they won't even be able to maintain. A buncha rifles and a few SAWs, some humvees which are all over the world at this point, and some misc. equipment like the goggles you're so worried about.

There's. Nothing "high tech" about any of that.

You having problem with 'reading comprehension'? I did not disagree with that at all. I just stated:

Without 'state of the art' ('HIGH-TECH') weapons and equipment this dress-wearing, musket-firing enemy has 'pushed the US out of Afghanistan', swept across Afghanistan retaking nearly every major city in Afghanistan, and just took over the govt. Imagine what they can do now with 'advanced' weapons, specially modified armored vehicles, tanks, and now an 'air force'.

I doubt it

China doesn’t like Taliban on their border
Really...see how can I believe anything you write as you don't show any links, or substantiation.
WHEREAS....

China Has a BIG Plan for Post-U.S. Afghanistan—and It’s Worth Billions​

Speaking on condition of anonymity, a source close to government officials in Afghanistan told The Daily Beast that Kabul authorities are growing more intensively engaged with China on an extension of the $62 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC)—the flagship project of BRI, which involves the construction of highways, railways and energy pipelines between Pakistan and China—to Afghanistan.
China has been keen on extending its BRI to Afghanistan, and has been asking Kabul to join it for at least half a decade. But the U.S-backed Afghan government was hesitant to join BRI for fear it could raise eyebrows in Washington.

FACTS !!!

There's. Nothing "high tech" about any of that. All of that is 1970s technology. The aircraft are piston engine planes and a few old scout helicopters that they won't even be able to maintain. A buncha rifles and a few SAWs, some humvees which are all over the world at this point, and some misc. equipment like the goggles you're so worried about.
Yea these are a bunch of rifles...
Screen Shot 2021-08-24 at 1.12.57 PM.png

How the hell did we leave all of our equipment there in the hands of cowardly Afghan regulars to fall into the hands of the Taliban and potentially ANYONE on earth?

THOUSANDS OF NIGHT VISION GOGGLES?

Well done, Biden. Holy crap....what a shit POTUS.
They don't have to sell them to terrorists. Terrorists received them from the Biden administration.

Now the Taliban has billions of dollars of state of the art US weapons? What is stopping them from selling our weapons to terrorists?
Your post makes it clear you must be a Republicon who offers no constructive advice but instead has an obstructionist agenda.

You and those you worship are not Americans but puppets on a string.

In America we have no use for you or your kind.

Move back to Israel or wherever you came from. :)-

Forum List

Back