NOW Biden agrees with Trump policies on China

Ordinary Guy

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2021
White House announces new trade regulations on China

The Biden administration is announcing changes in trade policy with China aimed at forcing the country to follow through on "unfilled commitments" in the Phase One Trade Agreement.

The U.S. plans to use "all available tools" to enforce the Phase One Trade agreement, according to a senior administration officials, though the officials declined to specifically what enforcement mechanisms the U.S. would be using.

The move comes as top U.S. Trade Representative Katherine Tai is set to announce Monday that China has not been complying with the deal struck by former President Donald Trump's administration. China agreed to purchase an additional $200 billion in U.S. goods during a two-year period, a pledge officials say the country has so far failed to follow through on.

Part of the new plan will involve the U.S. restarting a targeted tariff exclusion process, according to senior administration officials. The U.S. will also be engaging with allies in hopes of promoting fair, competitive, international trading.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...tions-on-china

White House announces new trade regulations on China

The Biden administration is announcing changes in trade policy with China aimed at forcing the country to follow through on "unfilled commitments" in the Phase One Trade Agreement.

The U.S. plans to use "all available tools" to enforce the Phase One Trade agreement, according to a senior administration officials, though the officials declined to specifically what enforcement mechanisms the U.S. would be using.

The move comes as top U.S. Trade Representative Katherine Tai is set to announce Monday that China has not been complying with the deal struck by former President Donald Trump's administration. China agreed to purchase an additional $200 billion in U.S. goods during a two-year period, a pledge officials say the country has so far failed to follow through on.

Part of the new plan will involve the U.S. restarting a targeted tariff exclusion process, according to senior administration officials. The U.S. will also be engaging with allies in hopes of promoting fair, competitive, international trading.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics...tions-on-china
They never were, even while Trump was in Office. Would you rather they scrapped the whole agreement in place, just because and for little other reason then it was trump, the way he did with Obama treaties, mostly without a replacement ready and start over from scratch?

Biden wants to start a new cold war with China. People wonder why I say the democratic party is a center-right party. This is another example of why. Their establishment is populated by ancient people with the same crappy mentality of the republicans.

They never were, even while Trump was in Office. Would you rather they scrapped the whole agreement in place, just because and for little other reason then it was trump, the way he did with Obama treaties, mostly without a replacement ready and start over from scratch?
Have you even considered yet that Biden has not made an original decision? He either reversed Trump or kept legislation in place, in other words he is a interim coach or substitue teacher

Have you even considered yet that Biden has not made an original decision? He either reversed Trump or kept legislation in place, in other words he is a interim coach or substitue teacher
I personally was not looking for or expecting a 180 degree turn. Sudden 180s are not a conservative, pragmatic move, compared with normal course adjustments. Ever rode or flown nap-of-the-earth or been in a chopper when the pilots demonstrated a hammer-head maneuver? I have had all the excitement I needed, to last me awhile. That is one reason I voted for Joe.

I personally was not looking for or expecting a 180 degree turn. Sudden 180s are not a conservative, pragmatic move, compared with normal course adjustments. Ever rode or flown nap-of-the-earth or been in a chopper when the pilots demonstrated a hammer-head maneuver? I have had all the excitement I needed, to last me awhile. That is one reason I voted for Joe.
I didn't vote for him because I could see he would cow down to everyone without standing for anything much like Jimmy Carter that gave us double digit inflation and double digit interest, all bad for small business and the working class. The only excitement Trump gave me was returns on the 401k (four times that of Biden by percentage) and the mean tweets everyone refers to did not bother me .

Bull, you were manipulated and stop trying to slither away with convoluted arguments.

It's sleazy.

Bull, you were manipulated and stop trying to slither away with convoluted arguments.

It's sleazy.
F U. Have spoken against radical change ever since I have been here. Lots of posts, lots of time. Used the pilot analogy several times.

It was only a matter of time before Creepy Joe was going to start plagiarizing policy. It only took less than a year.

Forum List

Back