North Korea fires 2 ballistic missiles; Japan's Suga rips test as 'absolutely outrageous'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I hope the newly recruited woke and activist are ready if needed.

North Korea reportedly fired two ballistic missiles into waters off its east coast Wednesday, in the direction of Japan, prompting Japan's prime minister to denounce the action as "absolutely outrageous," according to reports.

The latest missile firings by North Korea came several days after it reportedly tested newly developed long-range missiles over the weekend, reports said.

"The firings threaten the peace and safety of Japan and the region and are absolutely outrageous," Japanese Prime Minister Yoshihide Suga said, according to The Associated Press. "The government of Japan is determined to further step up our vigilance and surveillance to be prepared for any contingencies."

Japan is on there own

But after watching Biden abandon Americans and allies in Afghanistan, I think they understand that now.

Just an overgrown child looking for attention.

This is with weapons not just words. His actions must have consequences. If not, an escalation will occur at the drop of a dime.

If N Korea pays an economic price through sanctions ot the like every time he engages in this "attention seeking", he and China will have will have to decide if it's worth it.

This is with weapons not just words. His actions must have consequences. If not, an escalation will occur at the drop of a dime.

If N Korea pays an economic price through sanctions ot the like every time he engages in this "attention seeking", he and China will have will have to decide if it's worth it.
N Korea periodically dumping a substantial portion of their paltry GDP into another missile stunt is about the same as sanctions. Kim wants the attention more than anything. He should be studiously ignored and marginalized unless they fuck up and actually hit something.

Japan is on there own

But after watching Biden abandon Americans and allies in Afghanistan, I think they understand that now.

You beat me to it.

Sorry Jappos, you're on your own now. Better learn to speak Korean.

But if you want to appoint a god-king emperor and conduct a sneak attack on some North Korean port on December 7th, you have my blessing.

I promise we won't nuke you this time. :04:

N Korea periodically dumping a substantial portion of their paltry GDP into another missile stunt is about the same as sanctions. Kim wants the attention more than anything. He should be studiously ignored and marginalized unless they fuck up and actually hit something.

We are looking at this from a Western philosophy though. In Asia, "saving face" is everything. In this case, it might even be vital for ones survival.

Or look at it from another vantage point, would America accept it if Cuba fired a rocket off the shores of New York? You wouldn't just shrug your shoulders and tell Americans to ignore their leader.

Last edited:
We are looking at this from a Western philosophy though. In Asia, "saving face" is everything. In this case, it might even be vital for ones survival.
Since Seoul would be massively attacked first should war break out we must take S Korea's lead in how we deal with N Korea. They would pay a horrific price if the west were to recklessly escalate the situation. Then we would have to kill masses of N Koreans in retaliation with no guarantee of success in deposing the regime. It's a mini cold war that has to continue because the alternative is is too horrible to contemplate.

Since Seoul would be massively attacked first should war break out we must take S Korea's lead in how we deal with N Korea. They would pay a horrific price if the west were to recklessly escalate the situation. Then we would have to kill masses of N Koreans in retaliation with no guarantee of success in deposing the regime. It's a mini cold war that has to continue because the alternative is is too horrible to contemplate.

You make a reasonable point and I don't disagree with you. Obviously what I mean by consequences would be fairly minor, but, it would be symbolic enough that death by 1000 cuts would be assured if he continued to sabre rattle.

Ultimately, and in reality if we are being honest, consequences for CHINA would probably have the greatest impact on reigning in the N Koreans. Of course, that's not feasible. I personally believe it would be most effective though.

You make a reasonable point and I don't disagree with you. Obviously what I mean by consequences would be fairly minor, but, it would be symbolic enough that death by 1000 cuts would be assured if he kept doing so.

Ultimately, and in reality if we are being honest, consequences for CHINA would probably have the greatest impact on reigning in the N Koreans. Of course, that's not feasible. I personally believe it would be most effective though.
The people always pay the price in N Korea. Kim has things set up where he will never personally feel the pain of anything we could do. No matter what he will live in luxury hiding behind the millions of hostages otherwise known as the N Korean people. If he cared about the suffering of his people we might have some leverage.

Forum List

Back