NO Tim Cook. You Do Not Have That Responsibility

The idea that you think the gov't can demand that a private company use resources, manpower and expend money to produce a product for the gov't, while not being paid, is ridiculous.
That isn't what I said. So putting words in people mouth is one of your MOs. Noted.

For the record what I SAID was >> "Cook and all companies, as much as any Americans, have a duty in America to protect society from the international jihad that we are at war with (ISIS, al Qaeda, Taliban, al Shabbab, Boko Haram, Hamas, etc)." Didn't say a word about anybody "demanding" anything. Got it now ?

Why didn't the FBI go to the NSA to crack Apple's code? Some experts say the NSA could do it quickly. So what is the real motive to get Apple to write a code breaker key. Likely, it is an attempt by the FBI to get this case into court where a precedent can be set that would allow law enforcement agencies to force technology firms to comply with similar requests in the future. IN fact I heard something on the radio today indicating that the Justice Department has dropped the lawsuit and is now petitioning the NSA to crack the code.

I agree.

How is it we spend 650 BILLION dollars on defense per year, and we can't hire a half dozen of the best computer hacks money can buy? We offer a 25 million dollar bonus for anyone that gives us info on getting Bin Laden.

But we can't get some in-house hacks and offer them a million if they hack a pc or phone that stops an attack? Looks like a failure of capitalism to me. I thought the market should take care of such a thing.

False premise to begin with.

Apple is not in the business of national security, the government is. We made the government more powerful as any entity on the face of the earth. The government needs to do its own work.

Trying to place this on apple just reinforces what many of us already believe

The government is inept and the money we gave them has been wasted.
And exactly what "premise" are you referring to ? (because there isn't any here that is false) The OP stated that Tom Cook does NOT have the responsibility to protect the data, and privacy of terrorists.

I said it then, I say it now.

I agree. How is it we spend 650 BILLION dollars on defense per year, and we can't hire a half dozen of the best computer hacks money can buy? We offer a 25 million dollar bonus for anyone that gives us info on getting Bin Laden.

But we can't get some in-house hacks and offer them a million if they hack a pc or phone that stops an attack? Looks like a failure of capitalism to me. I thought the market should take care of such a thing.
Got any suggesitons of who this might be ? Just wondering.

We are not constitutionally at war.

A Declaration of War is required.
HA HA HA. How many wars has America fought since World War II ? Wikipedia lists 23 of them, including War on ISIS (Operation Inherent Resolve) (2014–present). Not a single one of them has a "Declaration of War"

EARTH TO JOKEY: "WAR" is when soldiers fight, kill enemies, and get killed. Got it ?
geez.gif

List of wars involving the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Once again, we are not constitutionally at war. We invade countries without a Declaration of War. Thus the government does not have the power you want it to have, because it cannot be exercised without a declaration. You young'uns are just stupid, meaning you can learn but you refuse.

I agree. How is it we spend 650 BILLION dollars on defense per year, and we can't hire a half dozen of the best computer hacks money can buy? We offer a 25 million dollar bonus for anyone that gives us info on getting Bin Laden.

Got any suggesitons of who this might be ? Just wondering.

What? Who the computer hacks might be? They'd be computer hackers.

The idea that you think the gov't can demand that a private company use resources, manpower and expend money to produce a product for the gov't, while not being paid, is ridiculous.
That isn't what I said. So putting words in people mouth is one of your MOs. Noted.

For the record what I SAID was >> "Cook and all companies, as much as any Americans, have a duty in America to protect society from the international jihad that we are at war with (ISIS, al Qaeda, Taliban, al Shabbab, Boko Haram, Hamas, etc)." Didn't say a word about anybody "demanding" anything. Got it now ?

Since what I described is exactly what the FBI was demanding of Apple, and you were all for what the FBI demanded, I did not put words in your mouth. Got it now?

Once again, we are not constitutionally at war. We invade countries without a Declaration of War. Thus the government does not have the power you want it to have, because it cannot be exercised without a declaration. You young'uns are just stupid, meaning you can learn but you refuse.
There is no such thing as "invade countries" when those countries or nut groups are gunning for you. You do what you have to do to protect your people. Right now the US should be sending thousands of troops, tanks, attack planes, and whatever else needed to exterminate ISIS. Same should be done to the Taliban in Afghanistan. No mincing words or actions. Attack your enemy with every thing you've got, and destroy them. Period.

In my last post, I asked if you get it,. Apparently you don't.

Since what I described is exactly what the FBI was demanding of Apple, and you were all for what the FBI demanded, I did not put words in your mouth. Got it now?
What I got is that you don't got it. I don't recall me saying I was all for exactly what the FBI demanded. Do YOU recall that ? If so, post it.

I said the government needs to hire some. I'm not a computer hacker employment agency.
But you do claim that the hackers are able to decrypt all the things the govt needs decryption in, right ? (that would be hundreds of cell phones and computers

Forum List

Back