No Rock Acts Nominated in American Music Awards

I don't know ... some of these nominees rock ...

Rock 'n' Roll isn't as commercially successful as it once was ... it's old people music ... the American Music Awards have to sell advertising time and the people listening to music these days aren't interested in adult diapers or how Zearogula is today's NEW medicine for opiate-induced insomnia ...

As far as I can tell ... kids today listen to the music they play in between radio stations ...

I don't know ... some of these nominees rock ...

Rock 'n' Roll isn't as commercially successful as it once was ... it's old people music ... the American Music Awards have to sell advertising time and the people listening to music these days aren't interested in adult diapers or how Zearogula is today's NEW medicine for opiate-induced insomnia ...

As far as I can tell ... kids today listen to the music they play in between radio stations ...

Yeah, seems the last time rock was popular was when Ronald Reagan and Margaret Thatcher were in their respective offices. But seems nowadays,when you play stuff like Iron maiden. People are like "turn that garbage off" when they seemed to like stuff like Iron Maiden when Reagan was in office.

I also noticed too if i do a cover of a song from a metal band, then people think i'm just making random noises, but if i play something like some taylor swift, then all of a sudden "i'm playing their favorite song"

And seems now people are using the term rock music to refer to rap and pop music,when rap and pop are not rock music and never been rock music.

Meh... I must be getting old... I don't like any of that.

To the general public, your taste in music sucks.
That's sort of always been true about commercially popular music.
The other day, I posted a Whitney Houston Youtube video that had a billion views, so out of curiosity I looked up the 'billion hits' club and never heard of most of them. By the names, you can see it's kid's stuff - disco, rap, pop, hiphop, or whatever they call it now.

The other day, I posted a Whitney Houston Youtube video that had a billion views, so out of curiosity I looked up the 'billion hits' club and never heard of most of them. By the names, you can see it's kid's stuff - disco, rap, pop, hiphop, or whatever they call it now.

I think during the 80's and early 90's they had stuff like Metallica,Megadeth,Queensryche,Iron Maiden and Judas Priest on radio and MTV

^ I been practicing this song on guitar,i think though i kinda hurt a muscle in my arm trying to play it as close to the original as possible.

Last edited:

I think during the 80's and early 90's they had stuff like Metallica,Megadeth,Queensryche,Iron Maiden and Judas Priest on radio and MTV

^ I been practicing this song on guitar,i think though i kinda hurt a muscle in my arm trying to play it as close to the original as possible.

Don't forget Korn.

Forum List

Back