No, President Trump, you can’t bomb a virus. We need expertise and empathy – not a war

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
America’s addiction to militarism in the years since the Cold War has ultimately spent and — it now seems clear — wasted trillions of dollars to defend against hypothetical threats while leaving us practically helpless for the real ones.

the only real similarity between the 2020 pandemic and actual combat will be the Vietnam War-sized body count of the casualties.

For years, we’ve shunted aside or even ridiculed a so-called “mommy party” of Democrats wanting sissy stuff like hospitals to nurse the sick or pre-schools for our little toddlers, while worshiping a “daddy party” of Democrats keeping us safe with their tanks and drones, not realizing that Dad was actually out every night blowing the budget to get drunk on worthless, exploding gadgets.

Last edited:
  • Banned
Trump’s disdain for eggheads with stethoscopes is equal to his man-crush on men in uniform

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
We all know trump could not have been serious if he made a comment about bombing a virus. But the point here is his monumental failure in preparation and even worse one in developing a plan of action once the pandemic got bad.

Huh? Just huh?

If Trump even talked about bombing the virus, I'm 99.99% sure that he was just using a metapho

And, FYI, under Obama, there were plenty of cuts to medical preparedness and a refusal to replenish our stockpiles of medical supplies.
Maybe we should investigate Hillary too.

• Thanks
The only way for Americans three save themselves is to reject and eject Donald Trump and Republicans from government and power. They have failed their biggest test of protecting American lives and American interests.
That would be the dumbest thing Americans could do. Trump at least wants to reopen America,,,,,All Democrats want to do is to keep Americans under house arrest and crash the economy. If a Democrat was elected America would never return to normal

America’s addiction to militarism in the years since the Cold War has ultimately spent and — it now seems clear — wasted trillions of dollars to defend against hypothetical threats while leaving us practically helpless for the real ones.

the only real similarity between the 2020 pandemic and actual combat will be the Vietnam War-sized body count of the casualties.

For years, we’ve shunted aside or even ridiculed a so-called “mommy party” of Democrats wanting sissy stuff like hospitals to nurse the sick or pre-schools for our little toddlers, while worshiping a “daddy party” of Democrats keeping us safe with their tanks and drones, not realizing that Dad was actually out every night blowing the budget to get drunk on worthless, exploding gadgets.

Weird how you can bring up Trump when more US soldiers have died because of Democrats than any Republican.

The OP missed the point of how NY gained enough medical capacity to deal with the virus.
The US military provided the extra capacity via the "USN Comfort", the Javits Center, and numerous pop-up mobile hospitals. So whining about the US military completely misses the point. Similarly, Franklin Graham's mobile hospital in Central Park also provided needed overflow capacity.
1. The whiners did nothing to help
2. The doers did what was needed when it was needed
3. You're welcome

I get it the democrats believe that a bad economy makes their chances of winning much better. The problem with that strategy is most will see it as creating more pain for Americans to push politics.
The cult of dementia does not see a way forward for them to the power they crave without creating pain.

Trump doesn't need Fauci or Navarro to tell him how to do his job

if i were to give a description to Trump's performance in the last 3 weeks: tweets not sent, job not done

• Thanks
Huh? Just huh?

If Trump even talked about bombing the virus, I'm 99.99% sure that he was just using a metaphor.

And, FYI, under Obama, there were plenty of cuts to medical preparedness and a refusal to replenish our stockpiles of medical supplies.
Obama created a pandemic response team. Stop blaming Obama when trump has failed.

I get it the democrats believe that a bad economy makes their chances of winning much better. The problem with that strategy is most will see it as creating more pain for Americans to push politics.
The cult of dementia does not see a way forward for them to the power they crave without creating pain.
Wrong. You are a republican trying to make up what democrats think based on your politics. The number of deaths are rising, this is not about the economy and trump was going to lose before this pandemic if he tried running on an economy he did not create. Over 500,000 infected Americans and 20,000 dead is the issue, not the economy. Most see that (70 percent), not what you see or what any other of the faithful 30 percent of trump worshiping Americans see.

The OP missed the point of how NY gained enough medical capacity to deal with the virus.
The US military provided the extra capacity via the "USN Comfort", the Javits Center, and numerous pop-up mobile hospitals. So whining about the US military completely misses the point. Similarly, Franklin Graham's mobile hospital in Central Park also provided needed overflow capacity.
1. The whiners did nothing to help
2. The doers did what was needed when it was needed
3. You're welcome
People are still getting the virus, people are still dying. The capacity has not been met, supplies are still needed.

people are dying because of Trump's decisions. this is "big boy" shit, and clearly, Trump can't handle playin' with the big boys, my friends!

• Thanks
So Republican states are open for business? I’ll help. Nope. You’re just looking for some partisan blame to offset the real incompetent way that the Trump administration handled this.

• Thanks
The only way for Americans three save themselves is to reject and eject Donald Trump and Republicans from government and power. They have failed their biggest test of protecting American lives and American interests.
That would be the dumbest thing Americans could do. Trump at least wants to reopen America,,,,,All Democrats want to do is to keep Americans under house arrest and crash the economy. If a Democrat was elected America would never return to normal
Opening America before this thing has any solution is foolish. You will crash the economy by opening early and then increasing the infections and deaths caused by doing so. A democrat is the only one that can return America to the "normal" it was, but that "normal" was still fucked up.

Wrong. You are a republican trying to make up what democrats think based on your politics. The number of deaths are rising, this is not about the economy and trump was going to lose before this pandemic if he tried running on an economy he did not create. Over 500,000 infected Americans and 20,000 dead is the issue, not the economy. Most see that (70 percent), not what you see or what any other of the faithful 30 percent of trump worshiping Americans see.
You might want to see things in that light. I can understand that the cult wants to really believe that. But the problem is most independents see that without the economy we have nothing. We might as well just stay hiding until the there is nothing left.
I realize that you don't give him his due because you actually don't want to believe that your party has put up the worst candidates in modern history. You want to believe that 44 was a good president and developed a good economy. The economy did well in spite of him.

Forum List

Back