No criticism, just a suggestion

Calypso Jones

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2020
These closed threads for specifically duplicating an existing topic. Today...on the sussman trial. The original was covering the sussman trial and the second newest topic was the verdict. Wouldn't it be easier just to merge the topics? That way one could avoid the frustration of members searching a topic and run into these closed topics and then have to continue searching for information.

Additionally. If the above suggestion is not acceptable to staff then how about leaving a link to the original topic in the last post closing the topic?

Otherwise...all is fine.

These closed threads for specifically duplicating an existing topic. Today...on the sussman trial. The original was covering the sussman trial and the second newest topic was the verdict. Wouldn't it be easier just to merge the topics? That way one could avoid the frustration of members searching a topic and run into these closed topics and then have to continue searching for information.

Additionally. If the above suggestion is not acceptable to staff then how about leaving a link to the original topic in the last post closing the topic?

Otherwise...all is fine.

How many should be merged before ending the madness?

5?

10?

50?

Otherwise...all is fine.
Great idea!
Topics are hard to find once they're off the homepage and that just encourages people to start new ones on the same topic..

How many should be merged before ending the madness?

As many as it takes. Do a clean up periodically or when a mod sees a duplicate this just merge at that point. It keeps the topics combined so readers and posters see the original to the outcome.

I don't consider it madness. I would consider it in the best interest of up to date information...certainly better than the 'main stream' media does. and I would consider it 'housekeeping' to keep the board organized and a virtual encyclopedia on a given topic.

When you make a new thread, a list of threads already started on it pops up. If your viewer scrolls for 10 minutes and then freezes up, then don't be an asshole and start yet another one.

It would be nice if people searched before posting a new topic on an already existing one but face it....sometimes the search words don't locate it for some reason. People don't do it to be jerks. They are interested in sharing information. Try treating posters like customers rather than kids that need their hands smacked.

well here we are again....the posted topics about the alleged ten year old denied an abortion in Ohio. I saw two topics...both closed. Where is the open one? There is an update and both topics i see on this are closed to future posts. THIS is why i believe it would be a good idea to merge rather than to have dead topics cluttering up the forum, cluttering up the search engine. Submitting for your consideration.

This is the update.

Forum List

Back