Nike orders soar 27% after Kaepernick ad debut

Smart move by Nike. It knows its target market and is targeting them accordingly.

That's about the sum total of this story. The rest is noise.

If I remember correctly, you are a money person Mac, I am just an investor. So lets see who is correct by Christmas, you or I! I say----------> That the most important season for retailers and marketers, Christmas; will be a dismal failure for Nike and...…………...after Christmas, its market cap will be down dramatically-)
Well, we'll see. At least we don't have too long to wait.

This is true, we will see. But, history teaches all things, and we see what happened to Target, the NFL, and Dicks sporting goods, along with the reverse happening at Chick Fillet, and in and out burger. I have no reason to believe the outcome will be any different here, as the dynamics are the same.

And do you know why that is Mac? Because we believe in what were doing, your side (for the most part) doesn't!

Want an example?---------> John Kerry, a BIG Democrat. Raise taxes, lol. But let me hide my yacht in another state so I don't have to pay them!

BERNIE---------> The rich are evil, and people are going to die, lol. Bernie and his wife made how much last year?

OBAMA---------> Signed up to do a speech in Denmark I believe just last week. STIPULATION IN CONTRACT---------> Obama will not show IF they release how much he is being payed for his speech, doesn't want anyone to know, hehehehehehe.

All phony's, and there is so many more from multi millionaire Fancy Nancy who owns vineyards on down.

Point is......we BELIEVE in what we are saying, so do they, but have to lie to your side, lolol.
Well, phonies infest our entire political discourse, which is one of the primary drivers for our deepening divisions.

And we're obediently following along.

Smart move by Nike. It knows its target market and is targeting them accordingly.

Dumb move by Nike. You don’t think good Americans work out or play sports?

If I remember correctly, you are a money person Mac, I am just an investor. So lets see who is correct by Christmas, you or I! I say----------> That the most important season for retailers and marketers, Christmas; will be a dismal failure for Nike and...…………...after Christmas, its market cap will be down dramatically-)

This is true, we will see. But, history teaches all things, and we see what happened to Target, the NFL, and Dicks sporting goods, along with the reverse happening at Chick Fillet, and in and out burger. I have no reason to believe the outcome will be any different here, as the dynamics are the same.
Well, that depends. I have no doubt that they did a complete marketing study on this before any decisions were made. I'm sure the study indicated that they'd be able to grab enough of the, say, active-under-30 population needed to offset inevitable losses.

So in my little brain, the real story here could be how effective and accurate marketing studies are.

I'd love to know if their analysis factored in all the free, outrage-based publicity they're getting. My guess is that it did.
I bet their study confined itself to liberal metro areas of L.A., Chicago, and New York City. I guess they don’t sell products in middle America.

"Good Americans"? Well, I guess that depends upon your definition.

The purpose of target marketing is not to make everyone happy, it's to grab the largest possible share of an identified sliver of the overall market.

So, they may not care one whit about you or your opinion, although I have absolutely no doubt they appreciate your protestations. The louder the better.

They've identified their target market, they've studied the various scenarios, and they ran with it. My guess is that they'll be successful, but that's just a guess.

Well, that depends. I have no doubt that they did a complete marketing study on this before any decisions were made. I'm sure the study indicated that they'd be able to grab enough of the, say, active-under-30 population needed to offset inevitable losses.

So in my little brain, the real story here could be how effective and accurate marketing studies are.

I'd love to know if their analysis factored in all the free, outrage-based publicity they're getting. My guess is that it did.
I bet their study confined itself to liberal metro areas of L.A., Chicago, and New York City. I guess they don’t sell products in middle America.
Could be! That's up to them.

Converse an Addidas should come out with an ad campaign that wraps itself in the American flag and super patriotism. Nike would be fucked.

The purpose of target marketing is not to make everyone happy, it's to grab the largest possible share of an identified sliver of the overall market.

So, they may not care one whit about you or your opinion, although I have absolutely no doubt they appreciate your protestations. The louder the better.

They've identified their target market, they've studied the various scenarios, and they ran with it. My guess is that they'll be successful, but that's just a guess.
High school coaches order products for their teams. Billions of dollars a year industry. Bet Nike loses orders.

High school coaches order products for their teams. Billions of dollars a year industry. Bet Nike loses orders.
Well, we'll see. I'm sure that was part of their analysis. Marketing analyses for companies this large get pretty freakin' specific.

Nike politicized their product line. Stupid move. :cuckoo:

Nike politicized their product line. Stupid move. :cuckoo:
I dunno. We'll see.

Well, we'll see. I'm sure that was part of their analysis. Marketing analyses for companies this large get pretty freakin' specific.
This will be biggest marketing flop since “New” Coke.

And by the way, this doesn't happen in a vacuum. We both know the sports world is very PC. So next could come NBA, MLB, NFL, Tennis, Boxing, Hockey, Soccer, Olympic, even music and other entertainment superstars. Nike could steal a bunch of them from the others by being FIRST. If that ends up happening, and it damn well could, then this move will have been freakin' genius.

Last edited:
40898968_2643058225781864_5184024409580503040_n.jpg

Capitalism is about making the thing that American corporations value more than God....the almighty dollar. Nothing more. While I don't like kapernick the fact is it's the dollar all the kapernick haters value most.

Hey, if it ends up working for Nike, good for them.

I don’t think Kap is like the other athletes they showed in the ad......at all.

He is a pampered millionaire who turned down $7 million because it wasn’t enough, then cried that he was blackballed.

If you bleed for Kap, you’re a fool.

You willing to make a bet on that? Give is say 6 months and if it was not a flop you leave the forum forever?

Nike orders soar 27% after Kaepernick ad debut
These fools who think they will put Nike out of business by not buying their shoes must think again.
Those buying the shoes are not anti-American or anti-cop, they are for letting people express themselves. Kaepernick is making a statement about discrimination.
Those buying the shoes must vote to get the narrow minded neanderthals out of office.

Actually for people that are historically anti-capitalist, anti-business they are doing a great job of showing their hypocrisy.

So Kaepernick is making a statement about "discrimination".

Tell me what is NOT "discriminatory" about this image...
Tell me how much money Nike made off these poor destitute people...
Tell me how many people like the below helped fill Nike coffers...
Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 8.34.34 AM.png

Forum List

Back