Next time you want a dog

if i had my way.....no breeding period for 10 yrs or until this country stop putting down millions of dogs and cats a year

Responsible pet owners still spay and neuter their pets. They should not be held responsible for those who allow their pets to breed indiscriminately

I saw the CUTEST little chihuahua today. She was a little teacup chihuahua and had to have been the tiniest little dog I've ever seen. She was about the size of a squirrel, seriously! I want one of those. They are just adorable. The lady was telling me that she has her own little doggy wardrobe and little doggy hats too, even a leprechaun hat. Lol! :laugh: That's hilarious. I would love to see that little dog in a leprechaun hat!

This is only the tip of the iceberg of the issue of over breeding. There are many more examples - pit bulls, retrievers, King Charles spaniels but here are a few.

It used to be that cats were strong and healthy because they were not bred for deformities like dogs are. Not anymore. I have rescued two Maine coon cats. My first died at age 4 of a congenital heart defect that is common in that breed.

IMO, we should stop breeding "pure breeds". It almost never "improves the breed" and "registered AKC" is basically nothing more than having the dog's name, and yours, written in a book.

Adopt from a shelter. And if you think you want a "pure breed", check for breed rescues and check at your local shelter. fully 25% of all animals taken to shelters are pure breeds and more than 80% are younger than 3 years old. IOW, we're killing young healthy animals because more are born than there are homes for. Adopting from a shelter makes you part of the answer instead of part of the cause of the inexcusable tragedy of dog and cat overpopulation.

0e00dc643d0468457f309aa9d72793ab.jpg

I saw a huge St. Bernard the other day. It was the biggest one I've ever seen, I think. It dwarfed the person walking it. I wonder why they do this to the poor dogs?

I really like boxers too, but what a handful they are. They have a ton of energy and are very high strung dogs. They are so expressive and have such great personalities though! I love their adorable and expressive faces! :)

CYH9v1BWQAA8Irg.jpg:large

This is only the tip of the iceberg of the issue of over breeding. There are many more examples - pit bulls, retrievers, King Charles spaniels but here are a few.

It used to be that cats were strong and healthy because they were not bred for deformities like dogs are. Not anymore. I have rescued two Maine coon cats. My first died at age 4 of a congenital heart defect that is common in that breed.

IMO, we should stop breeding "pure breeds". It almost never "improves the breed" and "registered AKC" is basically nothing more than having the dog's name, and yours, written in a book.

Adopt from a shelter. And if you think you want a "pure breed", check for breed rescues and check at your local shelter. fully 25% of all animals taken to shelters are pure breeds and more than 80% are younger than 3 years old. IOW, we're killing young healthy animals because more are born than there are homes for. Adopting from a shelter makes you part of the answer instead of part of the cause of the inexcusable tragedy of dog and cat overpopulation.

In my experience mutts are healthier, more intelligent, have a better disposition, and live longer.
And chase sticks.

Next time I want a dog, I'll go to the old neighborhood and find one from my old dog's bloodline.

He got around. :eusa_whistle: Up to a circular mile.

That was a kickass bloodline, too.

His daddy slipped a chain and kept my motorcycle from getting stolen.

His daddy never barked, but if you didn't belong there you got bit.

I miss mah little woobah goobah.

if i had my way.....no breeding period for 10 yrs or until this country stop putting down millions of dogs and cats a year

Responsible pet owners still spay and neuter their pets. They should not be held responsible for those who allow their pets to breed indiscriminately
Last year I had 7 biotches to spay and neuter.. A guy the other day ask me why with 11 dogs where are the puppies...

I only had a puppy once when I was like 5 years old. I went to spend the weekend with my grandparents and when I came home, my parents had gotten rid of the puppy because it wouldn't stop barking. I've only had cats and other small animals. I want a dog though, just a little tiny one.

first with the ability to freeze eggs and sperm no breed is going to be rendered extinct....2nd people who neuter their pets could care less about a breeding ban....

i have these 2 dogs and 3 cats cause someone tossed them out...yea i got a right to complain about irresponsible animal owners

I saw the CUTEST little chihuahua today. She was a little teacup chihuahua and had to have been the tiniest little dog I've ever seen. She was about the size of a squirrel, seriously! I want one of those. They are just adorable. The lady was telling me that she has her own little doggy wardrobe and little doggy hats too, even a leprechaun hat. Lol! :laugh: That's hilarious. I would love to see that little dog in a leprechaun hat!

But that's as bad as the huge St Bernards.

I think the worst thing that can happen to dog breeds is to catch the interest of humans. Chihuahuas after Godzilla came out and that adorably funny commercial "You're going to need a bigger box", Dalmatians after the Disney movie.

I remember way back when Shar Pei's first became popular, they sold for $3000 and up. People bought them up, bred them and bread them and bred them and now, they have horrible eyes, horrible skin and people can't give them away fast enough.

Same with dobies, GSDs, Jack Russel's, ChowChows and on and on.

The second a breed gets popular, the BYBs breed them for money and the breed is ruined.

The worst example is pits. They were once really great dogs. Now I wouldn't consider having one.

Yeah, I feel really strongly about this. Comes from being in rescue for 50 years.

I really like boxers too, but what a handful they are. They have a ton of energy and are very high strung dogs. They are so expressive and have such great personalities though! I love their adorable and expressive faces! :)

They've been badly over bred too. Short nose, can't breathe, can't control their body temp. Sad dogs.

first with the ability to freeze eggs and sperm no breed is going to be rendered extinct....2nd people who neuter their pets could care less about a breeding ban....

i have these 2 dogs and 3 cats cause someone tossed them out...yea i got a right to complain about irresponsible animal owners

I'd like a breeding tax. Its the breeders who cause the problem so why should they have to pay for our animal controls, for killing the excess and so on.

I have no idea how that could ever be enforced though.

In Tcsn, we got a bill on the ballot to add 2 cents to every bag of dog and cat food. TWO CENTS. It was to be used to subsidize spay/neuter. It didn't pass.

Next time I want a dog, I'll go to the old neighborhood and find one from my old dog's bloodline.

He got around. :eusa_whistle: Up to a circular mile.

That was a kickass bloodline, too.

His daddy slipped a chain and kept my motorcycle from getting stolen.

His daddy never barked, but if you didn't belong there you got bit.

I miss mah little woobah goobah.

Marion Morrison

In view of your name and avatar and now learning that you actually let your intact male dog run the neighborhood and farther, I'll just bet you're one of those "men" who. when the subject of castrating their dogs is mentioned, grab for their own crotches.

I've dealt with impotent assholes like that all my life. They cause so much pain and suffering and they just don't give a fuck.

That is the problem with today's breeding choices

Concentrate on "cute" instead of the dogs health, disposition and intelligence

You are literally insane.

We have been breeding dogs for 5,000 years.

Grow up.

i would drop the cash into a doberman puppy.....i just cant do the training and refuse to have a half assed trained dog....i am too old to fight the puppy in them for a year or so....

i swear this new one,,,ernest t...is suppose to be a mix....jack russel and satan?

That's redundant. A Jack Russell is Satan.

:scared1:

giphy.gif

My dog is a purebred Japanese Spitz ... where over breeding has cursed my poor pet with weapons-grade adorability.

$_86.JPG

We can never let this amount of cute fall into the hands of our enemies, it could doom us all.

Forum List

Back