New York Times Admits Obama Admin Deployed Multiple Spies Against Trump Campaign In 2016

The New York Times admitted on Thursday that the Obama administration deployed multiple spies against the Trump campaign in 2016, confirming recent comments by Attorney General William Barr that 'spying did occur' during the campaign.

Following months of angry claims by journalists and Democratic operatives that the Obama administration never spied on Donald Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, The New York Times admitted Thursday that multiple overseas intelligence assets were deployed against associates of the Republican nominee. It is not the first time the Times has revealed widespread spying operations against the campaign.

In addition to noting that long-time informant Stefan Halper was tasked with collecting intelligence on the Trump campaign, the Times story details how a woman was sent overseas under a fake name and occupation to oversee the spy operation. The woman’s real name is not mentioned in the article, though the Times says she went by “Azra Turk” and has a relationship with an unidentified federal intelligence agency.

Halper was handpicked by a seasoned FBI counterintelligence agent out of the New York office, according to the article. While the Times does not identify the agent by name, the paper says the FBI agent spoke at a conference organized by Halper about a 2010 case involving Russians posing as Americans. The public schedule for a 2011 conference hosted by Halper about the exact same case shows that three FBI counterintelligence agents were invited to speak on the topic.

The three agents publicly identified as speaking at that conference on the topic are George J. Ennis, Jr., Alan E. Kohler, Jr., and Stephen M. Somma. Ennis currently serves as the special agent in charge in the FBI’s New York office, according to his LinkedIn profile, and worked closely with Preet Bharara, former U.S. attorney for the Southern District of New..

(Excerpt) Read more at thefederalist.com ...

------------

The illegal unmasking found in 2017 was being conducted by FBI contractors since roughly 2012. If it was taking place prior to that is still unknown to investigators.

I wonder who knew, or should have known what illegal NSA political spying was taking place???????

Robert S. Mueller, III, Director of the FBI September 4, 2001- September 4, 2013

Now wouldn't that just be the shits if MuleTeam ended up with a grand jury subpoena as a thank you note for his efforts? And inspite of their long time friendship, Bill Barr is just the kind of guy who would do it.

“Not a hint of scandal.” Yeah, right, Joe.
Not even a smidge. LOL.

This Explains the Anti-Barr Freakout!!!
How many Trump lies does this story erase???

You can call it whatever you want, but it was a legal surveillance, same as the FISA warrant on Page.
Using the word "spying" seems to make legal surveillance sounds nefarious, and that is what Barr wanted, because tramp continually claims he was spied upon.

Sure, you can say its legal. Although I'm not sure that is was at all, this is something which hasn't been litigated yet.

But my point is that Donald J. Trump declared during the campaign that his home was being spied on, surveilled, phones tapped, etc., and the Liberal denied it and said it was a "lie".

And now the truth has come out.

President Trump was being truthful with the people, the liars were the liberal media. The New York Times was among the media sources which LIED to the people and to their readers.

I would not believe anything Tramp says and I don't. If he said it, it was a lie. The truth has come out , in the Mueller report. Also why is your article entitled NYT when its actually the federalist and not the times. the wording is way off.

Yes I know you guys listen to Rush and are full of conspiracies theories. I listen to him and laugh, but I force myself to listen because the right wing nuts do.
I don't giver a crap who you listen to. The New York Times, the leftist gold standard bible, says Obama abused his power and used the NSA and other government sources to spy on journalists, other politicians and citizens
Nothing "legal" about it.

No it didn't . Since Russia was hacking, I'd want Obama to send out the FBI and NSA and CIA. Tramp got the heads up in Aug 2016 and Manafort was let go 2 day later. Probably we should of never let Tramp knew the FBI knew, he wised up then and was more careful.

Mueller is not corrupt. He found he couldn't indict, and Barr said he could of.

Now if Mueller had indicted, Barr would of said he couldn't indict a sitting president.

I've watached the right wing nuts for too long, but this crap takes it to a whole new level, with tramp and barr.
Bad spin. Clinton couldn't be and wasn't indicted for his crimes, but the report that Nadler voted against releasing stated clearly that Clinton committed prosecutable crimes.

If Mueller had found enough evidence of an actual crime committed by Trump to prosecute he was bound by the law to state them. He didn't because there weren't any.

Trump is innocent. Get s life and grow up.

Yes I know you guys listen to Rush and are full of conspiracies theories. I listen to him and laugh, but I force myself to listen because the right wing nuts do.
I don't giver a crap who you listen to. The New York Times, the leftist gold standard bible, says Obama abused his power and used the NSA and other government sources to spy on journalists, other politicians and citizens

No it didn't . Since Russia was hacking, I'd want Obama to send out the FBI and NSA and CIA. Tramp got the heads up in Aug 2016 and Manafort was let go 2 day later. Probably we should of never let Tramp knew the FBI knew, he wised up then and was more careful.

There is no proof at all that Russia was hacking at all.

That was a rumor started by the FBI and characters like liberal operative Stefan Halper and his honey pot assistant who set up George Papadopoulos with fake news about it. The only "Russians" involved were fakes participating in the Insurance Policy scamola.

No it didn't .
You are lying or simply ignorant when it comes to Obama spying. Which is it?

Since Russia was hacking, I'd want Obama to send out the FBI and NSA and CIA. Tramp got the heads up in Aug 2016 and Manafort was let go 2 day later. Probably we should of never let Tramp knew the FBI knew, he wised up then and was more careful.
Stop pretending this spying by King Obama was all designed to counter Russian
meddling. That's pathetic bullshit!

And how did you rule out the possibility that there was nothing there to begin with?
I like how Trump is described as both an incompetent buffoon, and a shifty, conniving, demagogue at the same time.

Mueller is not corrupt. He found he couldn't indict, and Barr said he could of.

Now if Mueller had indicted, Barr would of said he couldn't indict a sitting president.

I've watached the right wing nuts for too long, but this crap takes it to a whole new level, with tramp and barr.
Bad spin. Clinton couldn't be and wasn't indicted for his crimes, but the report that Nadler voted against releasing stated clearly that Clinton committed prosecutable crimes.

If Mueller had found enough evidence of an actual crime committed by Trump to prosecute he was bound by the law to state them. He didn't because there weren't any.

Trump is innocent. Get s life and grow up.

The Mueller Report (March 2019, Vol. II, p. 1[7]) cited the Moss memorandum in partial justification of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's decision not to indict President Donald Trump. "Given the role of the Special Counsel as an attorney in the Department of Justice and the framework of the Special Counsel regulations, see 28 U.S.C. § 515; 28 C.F.R. § 600.7(a), this Office accepted OLC's legal conclusion for the purpose of exercising prosecutorial jurisdiction."[7]
Randolph Moss - Wikipedia

Conspiracy Theories?

You mean like Trump / Russian Collusion?

Like Trump's mentally insane enough to believe the Obama admin wiretapped and spied in his campaign?

Stuff like that?

Its like if he is sued, he sues whoever is suing him.
It's more like the conversation theories are coming from the leftist MSM

What is happening now is all media is trying to creep back into favor. Don’t let them in.

What did President Obama know and when did he know it?
exactly...
tnfrbu21e9w21.jpg

Forum List

Back