New York Gov. Hochul announces 18,000 jobs for asylum seekers as city's migrant influx exceeds 125,000 people

Tunafish

Diamond Member
Aug 5, 2023
Want to be a nurse? No degree? No English? No problem. You want to work as a Social Worker? No problem. Want to live the American dream. No problem.
US Citizens are homeless, out of work. Seems we should go to Mexico and come across the border and tell them we are seeking asylum.

Democrat New York Gov. Kathy Hochul on Monday announced 18,000 new jobs for eligible asylum seekers and migrants as New York City faces an influx of more than 125,000 people.

Hochul said the state’s Department of Labor has identified more than 18,000 private sector job openings at 379 companies across the state who have identified roles that could be filled by individuals with legal work status since first beginning assessment and outreach on Aug. 24.

About 24% of the job openings are in accommodation and food services with 90 businesses, according to the governor office’s breakdown. Another 21% of the openings are in healthcare and social assistance with 79 businesses. Manufacturing accounts for 10% of the openings with 38 businesses, and administrative support accounts for 8% with 29 businesses.

Where did it say "no degree, no English" for a nursing job?

Funny how they just ignore THE LAW and make it up as they go.
For years businesses got raided, shut down, fined & possibly lost business licenses by hiring ILLEGAL ALIENS.

Now the government is facilitating those businesses to break ESTABLISHED LAWS.

And don't give me any BULLSHIT about them having legal work papers because that is also a violation of established law. The only papers they deserve are fucking bus tickets OUT OF MY COUNTRY

• Banned
Quote Directly from the article or stop bullshitting.

Nurses in NY must earn a BSN or ADN in New York or another state.
Are you telling me these asylum seekers meet the NY requirements?

Quote on this. Don't choke, scat man :)

Nurses in NY must earn a BSN or ADN in New York or another state.
Are you telling me these asylum seekers meet the NY requirements?

Quote on this. Don't choke, ...
Where is the direct quote, bullshitter?

Want to be a nurse? No degree? No English? No problem. You want to work as a Social Worker? No problem. Want to live the American dream. No problem.
US Citizens are homeless, out of work. Seems we should go to Mexico and come across the border and tell them we are seeking asylum.

Democrat New York Gov. Kathy Hochul on Monday announced 18,000 new jobs for eligible asylum seekers and migrants as New York City faces an influx of more than 125,000 people.

Hochul said the state’s Department of Labor has identified more than 18,000 private sector job openings at 379 companies across the state who have identified roles that could be filled by individuals with legal work status since first beginning assessment and outreach on Aug. 24.

About 24% of the job openings are in accommodation and food services with 90 businesses, according to the governor office’s breakdown. Another 21% of the openings are in healthcare and social assistance with 79 businesses. Manufacturing accounts for 10% of the openings with 38 businesses, and administrative support accounts for 8% with 29 businesses.

But I thought these people come here because of rich Republican businesses?

Forum List

Back