Zone1 New Pew Poll: U.S. Christians projected to fall below 50% of population if recent trends continue

abu afak

ALLAH SNACKBAR!
Mar 3, 2006
I think Pew polls are about the best there on attitudes in America and overseas.
This is a long term trend as well.
Let's see what future years bring.

1663341557803.png

`

50 year projections are pretty worthless in guessing religious preferences in 50 years.

There will likely be new religious organizations, religious revivals, etc. in America, before 2070.

America's had these kinds of eras before you know, the first great awakening is what brought America independence.

I think Pew polls are about the best there on attitudes in America and overseas.

View attachment 696975

`
Maybe Christian churches, especially the large ones should go back to simple Christianity instead of church politics, national politics, covering for leader non-Christian indiscretions, and holier than thou elitism. Just a thought.

50 year projections are pretty worthless in guessing religious preferences in 50 years.

There will likely be new religious organizations, religious revivals, etc. in America, before 2070.

America's had these kinds of eras before you know, the first great awakening is what brought America independence.
I think in part basic science and logic are eroding it, but also politics-as-religion/philosophy.
`

View attachment 696975

`
First of all, this is mire if a "study" than a poll. I have had some trust in pew research BEFORE seeing this. So the US is being inundated with millions of migrants from Catholic (Christian) Latin America, and that is supposed to make the Christian population diminish ?

This is a good example of why we need to think with common sense before we consider accepting what Studies have ti say.

Jesus prohibited divorce ... if the church isn't excommunicating the divorcees, then it's not a Christian church ... see how much money these divorcees put into the collection plates? ... "render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's" ...

Worship of Caesar is on the rise ... having sex with as many people as possible is on the upswing ... do you not watch TV where married people never have sex with their spouse? ... seems only the spawn of Satan practice monogamy anymore ...

I think the trajectory is too far out. A couple of real good crisis situations and people might go back. Historically, that is how it works.

I think the emphasis right at the moment in certain circles is more of a focus on spirituality. I don't think that sitting in a pew and listening to someone talk is where it is at right now.

Forum List

Back