New Mexico bill calls for study of controlling federal land

More Republicans screwing the taxpayer for the benefit of the rich.

Rep. Bill McCamley, D-Mesilla Park, cast the dissenting vote. He said the state would be no better off when it comes to preventing things like fires. He pointed to Texas, which has a small share of federal land and still experienced a record fire season in 2011.

"I think this is a thinly veiled attempt to transfer lands to the private sector," he said after the meeting. "If you give it to the state, the state is a lot more likely to sell it and I really am very worried about the future of these public lands if they're sold off to the highest bidder."

ALBUQUERQUE N.M. New Mexico bill calls for study of controlling federal land National Politics NewsObserver.com

Bend over New Mexico taxpayers cause here it comes!

What the far left drones will not spin..

aint that the truth

How do you develop areas with no water.

it is a relatively new concept

it is called piping

--LOL

there is big money in water

a private company would develop it if need be

If you have a customer waiting for it, like Vegas.

I'm part of a syndicate that owns 200,000 acres of land with 455 billion gallons/yr of water rights south of Eureka, NV. We're waiting to sell water to Vegas as soon as the pipeline is built.

What our resident Canadians are writing about is completely undeveloped land. Kind of a 'build it and they will come' bullshit. Hasn't worked out very well for those that have, such as Cowboys Dream B&B in Alamo.

Cowboys Dream

The place is owned by a taxi/limo company in Vegas. They even offer free limo rides for the 90 mile trek from Vegas. It's five star. It's barely making it.

Rep. Bill McCamley, D-Mesilla Park, cast the dissenting vote. He said the state would be no better off when it comes to preventing things like fires. He pointed to Texas, which has a small share of federal land and still experienced a record fire season in 2011.

"I think this is a thinly veiled attempt to transfer lands to the private sector," he said after the meeting. "If you give it to the state, the state is a lot more likely to sell it and I really am very worried about the future of these public lands if they're sold off to the highest bidder."

ALBUQUERQUE N.M. New Mexico bill calls for study of controlling federal land National Politics NewsObserver.com

aint that the truth

New Mexico taxpayers have additional monies to spend?

"far left drones"

Do you realize when you repeat yourself this way in every one of your posts it's YOU who is looking like a drone?

How do you develop areas with no water.

it is a relatively new concept

it is called piping

--LOL

If you have a few hundred million to spend.

there is big money in water

a private company would develop it if need be

If that were true then California wouldn't be in extreme drought for the last 5 years.

bs apparently no one is willing to sell to them

or they are not looking for buying

out here non profits sell water to other states

Forum List

Back