New Jersey councilman blasted for 'absolutely disgusting' rant about 'urban crack head' school students

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
he should resign immediately...this is the kinda guy folks should do oppo research on, not Madison Cawthorn, my friends

I don't see that he called them urban crack heads.
Seems to me he was talking about cuts in school funding, and probably referring to money the city spends to house homeless drug addicts etc.

Not much info to go on here

America has been fighting over school funding ever since forever

So what pocket is the money coming from and where did it go instead of to Hopatcong Borough?

Not much info to go on here

America has been fighting over school funding ever since forever

So what pocket is the money coming from and where did it go instead of to Hopatcong Borough?
School funding EQUITABLE DISTRUBUTION is a
"THING" in New Jersey-----Schools are funded by
LOCAL PROPERTY TAX REVENUE which means more
for the kids in rich towns and lousy schools for the
slummy towns

School funding EQUITABLE DISTRUBUTION is a
"THING" in New Jersey-----Schools are funded by
LOCAL PROPERTY TAX REVENUE which means more
for the kids in rich towns and lousy schools for the
slummy towns
The is a policy called “Robin Hood” where local school taxes collected in a wealthy school district are given to the poor

Thats marxism without the beard

But I got the impression this was general state money

The is a policy called “Robin Hood” where local school taxes collected in a wealthy school district are given to the poor

Thats marxism without the beard

But I got the impression this was general state money
nope----school money comes from TOWN
PROPERTY TAX in the glorious state of New
Jersey. Long ago a governor called FLORIO
almost lost his life for suggesting that Teaneck
GIVE to Newark

nope----school money comes from TOWN
PROPERTY TAX in the glorious state of New
Jersey. Long ago a governor called FLORIO
almost lost his life for suggesting that Teaneck
GIVE to Newark
Ryan Smith, first elected to the Hopatcong Borough Council in November 2018, used the social network to share an online petition last week asking New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy and the state Education Department to stop or reverse cuts to aid for the town's school district, reports the New Jersey Herald.

That does not sound like local tax money to me but rather funds from the general state budget

Ryan Smith, first elected to the Hopatcong Borough Council in November 2018, used the social network to share an online petition last week asking New Jersey Gov. Phil Murphy and the state Education Department to stop or reverse cuts to aid for the town's school district, reports the New Jersey Herald.

That does not sound like local tax money to me but rather funds from the general state budget
Hapatcong is DAMNED RICH I am not sure what
the issue is----the "cuts" may have been made to
"give it elsewhere" ??????

Hapatcong is DAMNED RICH I am not sure what
the issue is----the "cuts" may have been made to
"give it elsewhere" ??????
I dont know

The quality of lib journalism is so bad that we have not been given enough information to decide

Reading the petition

It appears that the school district is under pressure due to declining enrollment combined with legacy teachers union employees with tenure and guaranteed contracts

The district claims it would have to raise taxes by 12% which is never going to happen

But apparently they cant fire excess teachers either

Forum List

Back