New Format Work Appreciated -- A Few Lingering Problems

toobfreak

Tungsten/Glass Member
Apr 29, 2017
On The Way Home To Earth
Just got on and I see that work continues and the administrators have fixed many things overnight! Kudos to you! Just wanted to say THANK YOU for your efforts and to point out one lingering REAL problem remaining and one or two nits.

THE REAL PROBLEM: If no one else has brought it up, there seems to be a bizarre problem with the SPELL-CHECKER. One minute I'm typing and it is pointing out typos as I go along, then the next minute it is underlining whole lines when nothing is wrong at all. Then the next minute it stops working altogether and you could type zubenelgenubi and it doesn't seem to trigger any response. The spell-checker seems keyed off of or affected by cursor position or some other hidden issue rather than checking in real time.

THE NITS:
NIT 1: Line spacing is too far apart UPON SAVE. It appears nice, single line spaced while writing, but once you save and publish the post, it appears like 1.5 line spacing or worse. Feel like I'm back in 1st grade. It actually makes it hard to read, not to mention hugely wasteful of space on the page. WISH WE HAD AN OPTION TO SET LINE SPACING DURING SENTENCE CONSTRUCTION.
NIT 2: The TOOLBAR (BOLD, UNDERLINE, COLOR, FONT, etc.) is rather stark. For instance, before, if I selected BOLD and was in bold text, the 'B' was highlighted! Now the 'B' doesn't show or tell you anything no matter what mode you are in and you don't know what you are in until you try to type. Would be nice if these buttons were dynamic as before as well as being in COLOR for better differentiation/association rather than crappy monochrome B&W figures.
If anything can be done with these three issues, it would be absolutely swell! :D

Screen Shot 2020-03-26 at 7.40.10 AM.png

I don't use it; they out-sourced the vocabulary to some Third World software shop sharing an abandoned cargo container with a voodoo doctor somewhere in Mali years ago, so it doesn't help.

I still have to block images a lot, due to the huge numbers of illiterates posting big ass pictures and crappy Youtubes and the like from slow sites in Uganda or North Korea.

I frequent a number of websites in which I submit forms like this one to interact with the website.

In each case, the spell checker (Provided by the browser) has worked. It works here for me as well.

I frequent a number of websites in which I submit forms like this one to interact with the website.

In each case, the spell checker (Provided by the browser) has worked. It works here for me as well.
Well, something has changed as I'm still using the same common browser I've always used and many others use as well, the problem appeared with the software change.

Forum List

Back