New format feedback

Since the new format thread is closed.

Overall it's OK but one thing that really bugs me is the automatic page refresh.

The screen jumps to the top and it's really annoying

Yes I know you can change it but then your selection should be saved in your profile so you don't have change the refresh rate every time you log in.

Or better yet just get rid of that feature

I just turned it off.

I did too!

I turned the refresh off....it's cool! it's great! :up:
Skye, I have just spent 30 minutes trying to find where to turn the refresh off. Nothing under preferences. Please tell me where we go to do that? ;)

When you click in "Whats New"

On the top left you will see like a round arrow and also a square inside a round blue thing

Then you click in the blue round thing .....that says stop the auto refresh!:biggrin:

VOILA!

i would like the gold star back. the little smiley with hearts is gay & sometimes a 'like' just doesn't cut it. otherwise it's alright & it's easier to post memes.

Yeah.. Mod staff is gonna discuss another "set" of ratings... Something less "MySpace" would be better for a SERIOUS "message board"... :auiqs.jpg:
Good deal, FCT. The ones in the previous format were good and now with a wow button, it would be great. Thumbs up instead of "like" and thumbs down instead of "dislike" would have better clarity. Care4all suggested some good ones for the right reasons in a thread I read about 20 minutes ago.

Thanks for all your efforts towards pleasing us members. You are so awesome! :11_2_1043:I just asked Skye for directions to the page to stop the refresh button from functioning. Drives me crazy, that one.

Care4all suggested some good ones for the right reasons in a thread I read about 20 minutes ago.

Got a link to that? Mod staff will look at it..

No YOU are awesome.. Don't be a stranger....

:smiliehug:
Aww, what a guy! So smart, so bright, such common sense. Hard worker, best interests in all. Fair. A good guy.

Okay, you asked for a link and I found the number of Care4all's post but don't know how to link anything here so I copied the number of her post and it is on the first page of this OP. She has some good ideas and sound reasoning from my perspective, IMO. #5 post. As an example, like and approve or two different communications, etc. I would like the "thank you" and "information" buttons.

Last edited:
Care4all suggested some good ones for the right reasons in a thread I read about 20 minutes ago.

Got a link to that? Mod staff will look at it.. Care4all

No YOU are awesome.. Don't be a stranger....

:smiliehug:
No more stranger. I like the Mods! And the posters! You guys have really tweaked the place to be inviting. :thankusmile:

i would like the gold star back. the little smiley with hearts is gay & sometimes a 'like' just doesn't cut it. otherwise it's alright & it's easier to post memes.

Yeah.. Mod staff is gonna discuss another "set" of ratings... Something less "MySpace" would be better for a SERIOUS "message board"... :auiqs.jpg:
1585367075696.png

I think the WOW smiley looks more like a WTF smiley.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Since new format fixed that annoying login quirk where you could not tab once from username to password, I don't otherwise care what else it does or doesn't do to get a thumbs up from me.

View attachment 316199

I think the WOW smiley looks more like a WTF smiley.

*****CHUCKLE*****

:)

Can't say what the Ha Ha smiley looks like... :no_text11: It's all pretty "MySpace"...

never was on myspace... but anyhoo - i'll use my own instead of the gay smiley heart 'love' one.

gold_star_winner_flexible_magnet-rbaaf5c42e240442a81b1769246992ed3_ambom_8byvr_200.jpg

Last edited:
Since the new format thread is closed.

Overall it's OK but one thing that really bugs me is the automatic page refresh.

The screen jumps to the top and it's really annoying

Yes I know you can change it but then your selection should be saved in your profile so you don't have change the refresh rate every time you log in.

Or better yet just get rid of that feature

Page refresh isn't a complete page refresh.. The "attempt" is to update your alerts and such. If it's really a complete page refresh -- I'm unaware of it...
The annoying part is that when it refreshes it will jump to the top of the page then I have to scroll down and find my place again

Why not just have alerts refresh when you click the "What's New" button?

Not convenient that there aren't the numbers of pages now. You can enter the thread only on the first page. And you can't move from say the pave 5 to the page 7.

Not convenient that there aren't the numbers of pages now. You can enter the thread only on the first page. And you can't move from say the pave 5 to the page 7.

Page numbers are at the top and bottom. For instance here they're just below your post, being the most recent, on the lower left (and upper left) like the last format. When I post this they.ll be right below this one.

I liked vBulletin as well EXCEPT for the long lined multi quotes, which is what this new format is giving us.

Yeah, but multiquotes are just lazy. Its not the software's fault people don't wanna take time to only quote the person they're actually talking to.

It's not, but it COULD be governed. The software we just moved from had an experimental period on the same thing. I remember participating in a test thread to see how unwieldy the post would look with 40 or so nested quotes. After that USMB set a limit to like 6 or 7 whatever it was. That was a practical setting and a good target for the new format.

IT seems to think there are no controls AVAILABLE to limit depth of quotes in this versions.. So for NOW - why don't you hooligans stop trying to BREAK IT??? :icon_rolleyes:

That's gonna be herding cats, like imploring posters (over and over) to not post multiple videos, but if that's all there is then it's all there is. I'll cut out irrelevant back-nesting but others will have to do the same themselves. Come to think of it it's kind of like having everybody practice 'social distancing' -- it's only as strong as the weakest link. :)

Page numbers are at the top and bottom. For instance here they're just below your post, being the most recent, on the lower left (and upper left) like the last format. When I post this they.ll be right below this one.

Thanks. Now I see them. I had to turn my phone horizontally and use wide screen mode.

Long as this is the complaint department, I'm a bit perturbed by how the whole page unpredictably jumps while one is writing a post -- presumably if somebody else is posting at the same time. It forces you to stop and scroll back so you can see what you're doing.

I just want the Galleries back. I can cope with the other changes.

Forum List

Back