Nebraska bar owner who killed George Floyd protester dies of apparent suicide

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilEyeFleegle

Dogpatch USA
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 2, 2017
Twin Falls Idaho
Well..he saved us the trouble of trying and housing him...so I guess his actions indicate his knowledge of his guilt in the matter:

The Nebraska bar owner who fatally shot a George Floyd protester in May was found dead of an apparent suicide on Sunday — less than a week after he was indicted on manslaughter charges, police said.
The body of Jake Gardner, 38, of Omaha, was discovered around 12:20 p.m. outside a medical clinic in Hillsboro, Oregon, some 20 miles west of Portland, cops said. Gardner left Nebraska for the West Coast shortly after the shooting amid death threats, his lawyer said.
A grand jury in Douglas County brought charges against Gardner last week in the May 30 shooting of 22-year-old James Scurlock during a night of chaotic protests in Omaha.
Gardner’s attorney, Stu Dornan, told local outlet KETV his client was set to return to Omaha, apparently to turn himself in on Sunday evening.
Gardner, a Marine veteran, claimed he shot Scurlock in self-defense — and a local prosecutor initially said the evidence supported that scenario and declined to prosecute.
But special prosecutor Frederick Franklin said Tuesday that the grand jury had reviewed additional information, including from Gardner’s phone and his Facebook Messenger account, along with video, that “was consistent with there being an intentional killing.”

A judge on Friday had signed paperwork to issue an arrest warrant for Gardner, according to the Omaha World-Herald. He faced up to 95 years in prison if convicted.

Well..he saved us the trouble of trying and housing him...so I guess his actions indicate his knowledge of his guilt in the matter:

The Nebraska bar owner who fatally shot a George Floyd protester in May was found dead of an apparent suicide on Sunday — less than a week after he was indicted on manslaughter charges, police said.
The body of Jake Gardner, 38, of Omaha, was discovered around 12:20 p.m. outside a medical clinic in Hillsboro, Oregon, some 20 miles west of Portland, cops said. Gardner left Nebraska for the West Coast shortly after the shooting amid death threats, his lawyer said.
A grand jury in Douglas County brought charges against Gardner last week in the May 30 shooting of 22-year-old James Scurlock during a night of chaotic protests in Omaha.
Gardner’s attorney, Stu Dornan, told local outlet KETV his client was set to return to Omaha, apparently to turn himself in on Sunday evening.
Gardner, a Marine veteran, claimed he shot Scurlock in self-defense — and a local prosecutor initially said the evidence supported that scenario and declined to prosecute.
But special prosecutor Frederick Franklin said Tuesday that the grand jury had reviewed additional information, including from Gardner’s phone and his Facebook Messenger account, along with video, that “was consistent with there being an intentional killing.”

A judge on Friday had signed paperwork to issue an arrest warrant for Gardner, according to the Omaha World-Herald. He faced up to 95 years in prison if convicted.
What a shame.....he wasn't the bad guy and it should have never came down to this. Damn judge..........and damn corrupt special prosecutor. Gardner stayed in one of his bars to protect it--and used hsi PHONE to get updates from his friends and other business owners about the mob coming down the street to attack businesses. The mob attacked his business and then him, and he shot in self defense, but the special prosecutor was spinning things------

The OP doesn't care.

He's just happy a Trump supporter is dead.
Nope..happy a murderer has saved us the time and trouble of trying him. Also happy that it appears that the concept of misusing the self-defense exception to commit homicide is a non-starter. As for the prosecutor spinning things..hello? That's what they do ya know. Here it is..if you know imminent danger is approaching..and you choose to remain..when you could have left..if you post how much you want to kill--and post your intent to kill--and then you kill--you own that--to some degree.
Had he not taken the coward's way out...he may well have been exonerated by the courts..who knows?

I have no knowledge as to his politics..which I think are irrelevant.

What a shame.....he wasn't the bad guy and it should have never came down to this. Damn judge..........and damn corrupt special prosecutor. Gardner stayed in one of his bars to protect it--and used hsi PHONE to get updates from his friends and other business owners about the mob coming down the street to attack businesses. The mob attacked his business and then him, and he shot in self defense, but the special prosecutor was spinning things------
I have stated many times....there is a law enforcement/corrections/judicial fiefdom. Many of them. Politics could be on both sides. Law Enforcement must derail from the others. They arrest people on their side who are defending themselves or who do not follow the extremes of laws. This is a fact at this time.

The OP doesn't care.

Nope..happy a murderer has saved us the time and trouble of trying him. Also happy that it appears that the concept of misusing the self-defense exception to commit homicide is a non-starter. As for the prosecutor spinning things..hello? That's what they do ya know. Here it is..if you know imminent danger is approaching..and you choose to remain..when you could have left..if you post how much you want to kill--and post your intent to kill--and then you kill--you own that--to some degree.
Had he not taken the coward's way out...he may well have been exonerated by the courts..who knows?

If the guy was black and the mob was the klan, you'd be saying the exact opposite and we both know it.

Get the fuck out of my face, you lying sack of shit.

The OP doesn't care.

If the guy was black and the mob was the klan, you'd be saying the exact opposite and we both know it.

LOL! Not my fault you're too stupid....to recognize that I wouldn't..but I see that you can't face that fact....

The OP doesn't care.

LOL! Not my fault you're too stupid....to recognize that I wouldn't..but I see that you can't face that fact....
You're a liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back