Name Your City

Honolulu, Hawaii.....romantic, breezy, perfect weather in January.....

Haven't seen enough European cities to judge -- I know Paris best, having lived there several months, but Dijon had its own particular charm. I seemed to pass through there repeatedly and it was always nice to return.

And Galway for its music. Didn't have enough time there.

My favorite city is New York. After that Paris, then Rome.

The food and night life in Paris is amazing. The women in Rome are probably the most beautiful in the world IMO.

London was the best City i have ever visited/seen/been there !till now2016!

Last edited:
I am travelling quite a bit, but home is now Stockholm when not here and there, and definitely not in the states. What is your favorite city in Europe? Expats, it would really be good to hear from you.

I like it because you can walk everywhere. You actually can live downtown, as does most of the population in this country. Crime is low, and you can walk the streets at 3 in the morning with no problem at all. 60 museums within a 30 minute walking distance. Everyone speaks English better than most Americans we know. Ha! You don't need a car. Cycle and walk paths from and to everywhere along with exercise stations. Almost every main street in each major neighborhood has a local live play theater. Restaurants galore. Water, did I mention water. You are surrounded by it. Stockholm is the Venice of the north. Forget what Hannity says, taxes are lower than in the states. Now if I was young again, I might talk about the women...but I won't. *wink*

What is your base of operation while in Europe, or for you natives, your favorite city in Europe? Readers want to know!

1.Athen
2.Rome
3.Toronto
4.Helsinki
5.Istanbul
6.London
7.Washington
8.Mexico City
9.Los Angeles
10.Dallas

Top 10 best for me.

Tokey is biggest today with over 37 million.

Then Mexico City and Sao Paulo with close to 30 million.

I've never really had the option to travel out of the USA, so my choices are limited. I think my favorite "city" is Lahaina, Maui.

I am travelling quite a bit, but home is now Stockholm when not here and there, and definitely not in the states. What is your favorite city in Europe? Expats, it would really be good to hear from you.

I like it because you can walk everywhere. You actually can live downtown, as does most of the population in this country. Crime is low, and you can walk the streets at 3 in the morning with no problem at all. 60 museums within a 30 minute walking distance. Everyone speaks English better than most Americans we know. Ha! You don't need a car. Cycle and walk paths from and to everywhere along with exercise stations. Almost every main street in each major neighborhood has a local live play theater. Restaurants galore. Water, did I mention water. You are surrounded by it. Stockholm is the Venice of the north. Forget what Hannity says, taxes are lower than in the states. Now if I was young again, I might talk about the women...but I won't. *wink*

What is your base of operation while in Europe, or for you natives, your favorite city in Europe? Readers want to know!

1.Athen
2.Rome
3.Toronto
4.Helsinki
5.Istanbul
6.London
7.Washington
8.Mexico City
9.Los Angeles
10.Dallas

Top 10 best for me.

Los Angeles is on your list!!! I cannot imagine anyone having Los Angeles on their list of ten best cities. I live here and it is an absolutely awful place to be, much less live. Los Angeles has nothing to recommend it, for anyone.

1.Athen
2.Rome
3.Toronto
4.Helsinki
5.Istanbul
6.London
7.Washington
8.Mexico City
9.Los Angeles
10.Dallas

Top 10 best for me.

Los Angeles is on your list!!! I cannot imagine anyone having Los Angeles on their list of ten best cities. I live here and it is an absolutely awful place to be, much less live. Los Angeles has nothing to recommend it, for anyone.
many outsiders think Disneyland is in LA....to many if its 50 miles from the LA city limits they say LA....and if its so awful,why the hell are you still there?...

1.Athen
2.Rome
3.Toronto
4.Helsinki
5.Istanbul
6.London
7.Washington
8.Mexico City
9.Los Angeles
10.Dallas

Top 10 best for me.

Los Angeles has it all........what's not to like.....what's your favorite? Aberdeen Mississippi? :badgrin:

1.Athen
2.Rome
3.Toronto
4.Helsinki
5.Istanbul
6.London
7.Washington
8.Mexico City
9.Los Angeles
10.Dallas

Top 10 best for me.

many outsiders think Disneyland is in LA....to many if its 50 miles from the LA city limits they say LA....and if its so awful,why the hell are you still there?...

That's because the cities are so big, they run together and you can't tell where one ends and another begins.....Disneyland is in Anaheim...I love LA....lots of things to do and see.

Why the hell would anyone want to live in a city?

Because they're collectivists. Individuality, privacy and freedom are things they don't put high on their list of wants or needs.

no. its because there are jobs, culture, museums, theaters restaurants and schools…

:rolleyes:
And crime, pollution, traffic, lack of peace and quiet,

Okay....so Podunk doesn't have any of that....but it doesn't have any of the other, also......:badgrin:

Because they're collectivists. Individuality, privacy and freedom are things they don't put high on their list of wants or needs.

no. its because there are jobs, culture, museums, theaters restaurants and schools…

Okay....so Podunk doesn't have any of that....but it doesn't have any of the other, also......:badgrin:

Really how much time do you spend in museums or at the opera that it's worth living cheek to jowl in a city?
I never lived in a city and always had a job

unless you happen to live someplace where they've fracked the land to death, pour chemicals into the water or have mass shootings.

i'll take the museums, theatres, educational systems, and the other things that city life provides.

1.Athen
2.Rome
3.Toronto
4.Helsinki
5.Istanbul
6.London
7.Washington
8.Mexico City
9.Los Angeles
10.Dallas

Top 10 best for me.

That's because the cities are so big, they run together and you can't tell where one ends and another begins.....Disneyland is in Anaheim...I love LA....lots of things to do and see.
if you live here you know exactly where you are.....and a map will show you the same thing.....so you can tell....

unless you happen to live someplace where they've fracked the land to death, pour chemicals into the water or have mass shootings.

i'll take the museums, theatres, educational systems, and the other things that city life provides.

I'll take my small town school system over any big city public schools and I can still go to museums but I don't have to put up with the noise, crime and filth 24 7 365 for the few times a year I might want to go to a museum

And really there's no difference watching a musical live or on the tube either way they're terrible

Forum List

Back