My Apologies to Any Gays I have offended

JimBowie1958

Old Fogey
Sep 25, 2011
I am being serious, not sarcastic or anything other than sincere. I am expecting few to accept my apology, but here it is anyway. Don't know how much difference this might make to anyone, but I have been wrong and I am going to try and set things right to some degree.

I've known some gays since high school back in 73. I knew some in different colleges I have attended, and one in the Army. The dude in the Army was actually bisexual, but that wouldn't have made any difference to the guys in the barracks as they would have given him a blanket party regardless of whether he liked girls as well as guys or not. I never repeated what these guys told me or what I saw in their personal life; I don't betray friends, never have.

But I had this dream last night that was really weird. My friend from the Army was at this place I had seen him at more than few times, and I was surprised to see him, and went to shake his hand, but he pulled away asking me how I could use such language. I kept asking what language was he talking about but he kept repeating himself till I woke up in a cold sweat. I wasn't putting the things together because this friend used all kinds of cuss words to include every group under the sun. So it seemed confusing.

I try to not offend people that are morally neutral to me or better. It is a courtesy. I don't use the N-bomb or the F-bomb if someone asks me not to or I think someone will be offended. I almost never say the N-bomb and have never directed it at anyone personally, just used it in an etymological sense; about the word itself, taboos about it, etc.

But after I was on my way to work, it finally hit me that my use of gay related terms and phrases is like using the N/F-bombs around those that might be offended, and I know that makes me pretty insensitive, but I have heard these words used as universal insults all my life and I just had not connected the dots to realize that I might be offending third parties by my language.

So, I apologize if I have offended anyone other than the libtards I was targeting.

I am not going to use such terms again on these boards or any others if I can remember to. I do not hate gay people, but I have had a blind spot on this and I will stop this, I promise.

To be frank I still believe that any sexual relations outside of heterosexual marriage is sinful, whether its gay sex, masturbation, premarital sex, or whatever. I will never support gay marriage. But I think it wrong to offend neutral/friendly third parties and I cant move on without doing this.

God bless any of you that I have offended and please forgive me.

Last edited:
It's interesting that some people think the 1st Amendment is a one way street. It gives the right to scum bags to burn Old Glory in the street and hairy clowns to pretend that they are women. Well I hate to tell you guilt ridden metrosexuals that it also gives me the right to ridicule fake women who want to use the ladies room and laugh at a-holes who burn my Flag.

Why insult anyone?

Because the universe demands it from time to time. Those times simply occur with an abnormally high density around here.

Have I insulted you?

Not at all. I just dont see how insulting others helps us communicate in a beneficial way

When I was an infantry sergeant, I learned that some people just do not respond to courtesy. If you don't get explicit, they think you are not serious.

Besides, none of my insults are hyperbole, but accurate and personalized to the target.

Truthful insults work best by nature.

But scattershot causes collateral offense I did not intend.

It's interesting that some people think the 1st Amendment is a one way street. It gives the right to scum bags to burn Old Glory in the street and hairy clowns to pretend that they are women. Well I hate to tell you guilt ridden metrosexuals that it also gives me the right to ridicule fake women who want to use the ladies room and laugh at a-holes who burn my Flag.

Yep, it sure does.

But you are simply telling the truth in those specific cases. You and I both know that a man who thinks he is a girl with a penis is sadly confused about a lot of things. That does not give me an excuse to gratuitously insult them for no reason.

At least, that's not how my Moma raised me.

When crossdressers come to the club to dance and party we treat them like girls, they use the girls toilet and there is no fuss.

When crossdressers come to the club to dance and party we treat them like girls, they use the girls toilet and there is no fuss.

Well, that is at the club.

I have worked in a couple of places where the ladies made it very clear that they did not want anyone with a penis going into the girls room, and I can understand that.

In every case, one of the men's restrooms was changed to a unisex restroom, that no one used except that one person. Then they always quit after a few months.

lol, I wanted to respond with 'fuck you' as a joke, then figured that might undercut what I was trying to do with this thread and make my apology seem insincere.

Yes, I can be a real moron.

I am not posturing, just had to get this off my mind.

Good night folks, I got to get up in the morning.

I appreciate the responses, that's not why I posted this, but thank you any way.

I am being serious, not sarcastic or anything other than sincere. I am expecting few to accept my apology, but here it is anyway. Don't know how much difference this might make to anyone, but I have been wrong and I am going to try and set things right to some degree.

I've known some gays since high school back in 73. I knew some in different colleges I have attended, and one in the Army. The dude in the Army was actually bisexual, but that wouldn't have made any difference to the guys in the barracks as they would have given him a blanket party regardless of whether he liked girls as well as guys or not. I never repeated what these guys told me or what I saw in their personal life; I don't betray friends, never have.

But I had this dream last night that was really weird. My friend from the Army was at this place I had seen him at more than few times, and I was surprised to see him, and went to shake his hand, but he pulled away asking me how I could use such language. I kept asking what language was he talking about but he kept repeating himself till I woke up in a cold sweat. I wasn't putting the things together because this friend used all kinds of cuss words to include every group under the sun. So it seemed confusing.

I try to not offend people that are morally neutral to me or better. It is a courtesy. I don't use the N-bomb or the F-bomb if someone asks me not to or I think someone will be offended. I almost never say the N-bomb and have never directed it at anyone personally, just used it in an etymological sense; about the word itself, taboos about it, etc.

But after I was on my way to work, it finally hit me that my use of gay related terms and phrases is like using the N/F-bombs around those that might be offended, and I know that makes me pretty insensitive, but I have heard these words used as universal insults all my life and I just had not connected the dots to realize that I might be offending third parties by my language.

So, I apologize if I have offended anyone other than the libtards I was targeting.

I am not going to use such terms again on these boards or any others if I can remember to. I do not hate gay people, but I have had a blind spot on this and I will stop this, I promise.

To be frank I still believe that any sexual relations outside of heterosexual marriage is sinful, whether its gay sex, masturbation, premarital sex, or whatever. I will never support gay marriage. But I think it wrong to offend neutral/friendly third parties and I cant move on without doing this.

As a card carrying Libtard, I'm offended.

:hmpf:

I would have accepted your apology if not for the bolded part.

I would have accepted your apology if not for the bolded part.
I agree, kinda kills any sincerity the post might have had..
the qualifier in the last paragraph clinches it.

Forum List

Back