Must invade Iran NOW!

Mariner said:
seem to have upset you.

Would you trust a country that covertly propped up a dictator, then sided with your enemy in a recent war? If so, why?

Iran and North Korea have been busy going nuclear while we've been busy defending ourselves against Al Qaeda by attacking Saddam Hussein. If I feel negative about that particular bit of cognitive dissonance, then it's my right.

Don't call me spoiled--I worked very hard for what I have in life. Ungrateful? I'm supremely grateful for what the U.S. offers me. That's why I argue to preserve it--personal freedom, a non-religious state, a positive moral value in the world. If I see policies or decisions made--by anyone, of any party--that contradict these values, I'm going to object.

Bush himself (finally) invited real debate over U.S. policy recently, signalling an end, I guess, to his "if you don't agree with me you must be a traitor" line so far.

Mariner.

Uh, no. The reason the liberals supported the Afghanastan campaign, was because they knew it would be virtually impossible not to. We had just had our twin towers taken down, OBL was there, they were harboring the perps of it. Its not much different than Pearl Harbor. They really had no choice but to support it.

Why do you guys LIE? Bush and the administration werent just sitting on their asses while NK and Iran was developing nukes. What did Clinton do to stop NK? You know, we are quite capable of multi tasking. I mean, we fought a world war not too long ago, pacific , atlantic, european, asian and african theatre all at once.

If you want to feel negative about your own delusional hallucinations that we cant multitask and Iraq prevented us from handling Iran and NK at the same time, thats your problem. By the way, Condalisa Rice is an absolutely BRILLIANT woman, and she could handle all of those situation in between her breakfast and lunch breaks.

rtwngAvngr said:
You're an idiot mariner. Forget the history. Do you want a nuclear armed IRan? Is that good for anyone?

You're in the most free, tolerant country on earth, yet you can't stop your stream of criticism long enough to see the bigger picture. You're a brainwashed liberal moron. Get your head out of your ass for one second.

aww, c'mon RWA, I hear him come out for a gasp of fresh air occasionallly. :)

LuvRPgrl said:
Uh, no. The reason the liberals supported the Afghanastan campaign, was because they knew it would be virtually impossible not to. We had just had our twin towers taken down, OBL was there, they were harboring the perps of it. Its not much different than Pearl Harbor. They really had no choice but to support it.

So what you're saying is that you would really rather have not supported it, but you couldn't ignore the 90%+ approval rating of the war, so you went along. Is the Left that bankrupt of principle to not even want to go to war against a terrorist organization that killed almost 3,000 American civilians in one day?

gop_jeff said:
So what you're saying is that you would really rather have not supported it, but you couldn't ignore the 90%+ approval rating of the war, so you went along. Is the Left that bankrupt of principle to not even want to go to war against a terrorist organization that killed almost 3,000 American civilians in one day?

I think you have me confused with someone else. Im not a lefty by any means.

I do think that many Dems would have loved to take the same stance on any war as they have on Iraq, only viewing it as an opportunity to attack the repubs, nothing more, nothing less. But they werent so stupid to try that with Afghanastan, as that campaign had so much widespread support of the American public.

And I SUPPORTED both invasions wholeheartedlly.

LuvRPgrl said:
I think you have me confused with someone else. Im not a lefty by any means.

I do think that many Dems would have loved to take the same stance on any war as they have on Iraq, only viewing it as an opportunity to attack the repubs, nothing more, nothing less. But they werent so stupid to try that with Afghanastan, as that campaign had so much widespread support of the American public.

And I SUPPORTED both invasions wholeheartedlly.

Sorry... i thought that someone else posted that.

I must not be getting enough sleep...

:beer:

Invading Iran is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. Remember Iraq? That's still being resolved. I think we might want to think this through a bit before we go in there.

How about we attempt some form of diplomacy? Let's not alienate the guy (even though he is crazy)-- let's try to coexist with him and work out a peaceful resolution.

Think about the ramifications of an invasion-- it isn't worth it.

liberalogic said:
Invading Iran is the dumbest idea I have ever heard. Remember Iraq? That's still being resolved. I think we might want to think this through a bit before we go in there.

How about we attempt some form of diplomacy? Let's not alienate the guy (even though he is crazy)-- let's try to coexist with him and work out a peaceful resolution.

Where did you drop in from? Planet X?

liberalogic said:

europe is refing the issue to the UN security council....where china and russia will veto the sanctions ..... what is your other idea?

liberalogic said:

Do you take yourself seriously? The government of Iran has ALREADY alienated itself from us. Besides declaring us "the Great Satan", rattling its saber at us, and defying both US and UN demands that they desist from their efforts to acquire nuclear weapons.

Their idea of a peaceful resolution and coexistence is each and every one of us dead.

Do you try and negotiate with rattlesnakes? I shoot them.

Do you guys really think that we are capable of waging another war in the Middle East? Are we really capable of dealing with another country that we'd have to take over after an invasion? Where is this money coming from? On top of us having our resources drained, we will be igniting more hatred from the Islamic fundamentalist community, which will leave us even more vulnerable to attack on our home soil. The war on terror is not just against Iran and Iraq-- it's against an ideology. There is no one face to it; taking out Iran is not the solution.

Also, why is it okay for us to have nuclear weapons? That's kind of hyppocritical and weakens our credibility in the global community.

I'm not saying that we should let him blow anyone off the planet, but a little bit of talking can't hurt...

liberalogic said:
Do you guys really think that we are capable of waging another war in the Middle East? Are we really capable of dealing with another country that we'd have to take over after an invasion? Where is this money coming from? On top of us having our resources drained, we will be igniting more hatred from the Islamic fundamentalist community, which will leave us even more vulnerable to attack on our home soil. The war on terror is not just against Iran and Iraq-- it's against an ideology. There is no one face to it; taking out Iran is not the solution.

Also, why is it okay for us to have nuclear weapons? That's kind of hyppocritical and weakens our credibility in the global community.

I'm not saying that we should let him blow anyone off the planet, but a little bit of talking can't hurt...

Well son or hun...who knows for sure...except Iran is now the one country on the brink of nuclear capability..as they so profess...I for one live in the desert...pretty much safe from a attack...however if ya live on the East or West coast..I'm not quite sure why you would rant as such!

liberalogic said:

You just called the President of Iran "crazy" and you think their having nukes is on par with us having them?

We have demonstrated the ability to have them and not use them. Iran's intent is to use them.

Most, if not all, liberals support gun control. Thats known as allowing responsable people to own firearms, while keeping them out of the hands of criminals. Is that hypocracy? Its the same situation with the US and IRan and nukes. Plain and simple. Ok, go on and claim the US is just as evil, if not more so, than Iran. But it isnt true.

liberalogic said:

Fallacy #1: If we are "even more vulnerable to attack at home," implying that by invading iraq we have become more vulnerable to attack, why has there not been one since 9/11?

Fallacy #2: That we need to invade Iran. Locating the facilities and blowing them back into the desert from whence they came would suffice.

And I am glad you concede this as an ideological war. One in which our very existence is at stake. Good enough reason to win from where I sit.

GunnyL said:
Fallacy #1: If we are "even more vulnerable to attack at home," implying that by invading iraq we have become more vulnerable to attack, why has there not been one since 9/11?

Fallacy #2: That we need to invade Iran. Locating the facilities and blowing them back into the desert from whence they came would suffice.

And I am glad you concede this as an ideological war. One in which our very existence is at stake. Good enough reason to win from where I sit.

must agree...a glass factory for Iran is the way to go...are ya listening Israel?
We are really getting broke here taking up the cause for the world...c'mon dudes a pay back is in order!

LuvRPgrl said:
You just called the President of Iran "crazy" and you think their having nukes is on par with us having them?

We have demonstrated the ability to have them and not use them. Iran's intent is to use them.

Most, if not all, liberals support gun control. Thats known as allowing responsable people to own firearms, while keeping them out of the hands of criminals. Is that hypocracy? Its the same situation with the US and IRan and nukes. Plain and simple. Ok, go on and claim the US is just as evil, if not more so, than Iran. But it isnt true.

No--we are the ONLY country who had them and has used them--so far.

Forum List

Back