Musicians That Are Pretty Smart

ScorpioRising007

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2015
What are some musicians you like that you found always to be smart?

Most musicians have always come across to me as highly intelligent. Doing research I found many musicians I have listened to have attended pretty good colleges/ law schools, dropped out. Some completed their education.

List of some musicians I like that I found have impressive academic accomplishments and seemed always smart to me.

1. Art Garfunkel - Masters Mathematics Education from Columbia Univ.

2. Paul Simon - Attended Brooklyn Law School

3. John Hall - Band Orleans - Politician. Studied Physics at Notre Dame

4. Tom Shultz - Band Boston - Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering from MIT

5. Heuy Lewis - Attended Cornel University. Got a perfect 800 on Math section of his SAT.

6. Rivers Cuomo from Weezer - Attended Harvard University

7. Andrea Bocelli - Italian Tenor - Law Degree University of Pisa

8. Brian May - Singer, songwriter, lead guitarist - Queen. PhD in Astrophysics from the Imperial College London

9. Greg Graffin - Lead Vocalist band Bad Religion. - PhD in Zoology from Cornell University

10. Dexter Holland - Lead Vocalist, songwriter, rhythm guitarist - Offspring - PhD in Molecular Biology from USC

11. Alicia Keys - Graduated High School valedictorian at 16 and got a full Scholarship to Columbia University.

What are some musicians you like that you found always to be smart?

Most musicians have always come across to me as highly intelligent. Doing research I found many musicians I have listened to have attended pretty good colleges/ law schools, dropped out. Some completed their education.

List of some musicians I like that I found have impressive academic accomplishments and seemed always smart to me.

1. Art Garfunkel - Masters Mathematics Education from Columbia Univ.

2. Paul Simon - Attended Brooklyn Law School

3. John Hall - Band Orleans - Politician. Studied Physics at Notre Dame

4. Tom Shultz - Band Boston - Masters Degree in Mechanical Engineering from MIT

5. Heuy Lewis - Attended Cornel University. Got a perfect 800 on Math section of his SAT.

6. Rivers Cuomo from Weezer - Attended Harvard University

7. Andrea Bocelli - Italian Tenor - Law Degree University of Pisa

8. Brian May - Singer, songwriter, lead guitarist - Queen. PhD in Astrophysics from the Imperial College London

9. Greg Graffin - Lead Vocalist band Bad Religion. - PhD in Zoology from Cornell University

10. Dexter Holland - Lead Vocalist, songwriter, rhythm guitarist - Offspring - PhD in Molecular Biology from USC

11. Alicia Keys - Graduated High School valedictorian at 16 and got a full Scholarship to Columbia University.
Kris Kristofferson won a 1958 Rhodes scholarship to Cambridge Univ.

Brian May has once again proven why he is rock royalty. Not only is he the Queen guitarist, but he is also an astrophysicist who recently helped NASA return its first ever asteroid sample to Earth.

May said he was “immensely proud” to be part of the team that collected the sample from the asteroid Bennu.

“Hello NASA folks, space fans, asteroid aficionados. This is Brian May of Queen as you know probably, but also immensely proud to be a team member of OSIRIS-REx,” the 76-year-old musician said

I don't know if Frank Zappa was smart but he approached philosopy in a unique way. I didnt care for his politics or music but he did make one think when he spoke.
Are you a dental floss tycoon. You got to grow it up and wax it down, put it in a little white box and sell it downtown. You won't need no boss, just you and your lowly dental floss. I hear it grows well in Montana. LOL

Brian Cox. Physicist/Professor of Particle Physics. He was the original keyboardist for Dare on their first few albums. The one on the right..

hqdefault.jpg

Probably one of my favorite bands, too. They put out some good, quality AOR stuff.

Of course, he's not in the band any more. Still plays, though.

Forum List

Back