Murdoch's News of the World hacks dead teenager's phone

I don't know if any of you can watch the live feed of the Select Committee hearings with James and Rupert Murdoch, but.... man, they have some dumb schmucks on that panel. Seems to me they are asking some seriously ill thought out questions.

Example: Context: Rupert Murdoch had a meeting at 10 Downing St with the Prime Minster. Mr Murdoch used the 'back door'. One of the members asked Rupert Murdoch why he used the back door. He responded that he was asked to. So the committee member asked him why he was asked to use the back door. How the hell would he know why? And what the hell is the importance of what door he used? There's serious shit and wrong doing and they're asking him which door he used. Good grief.

Last edited:
Some guy just crashed the Select Committee meeting and attacked Rupert Murdoch. Sad bastard. Gotta love Mrs Murdoch, she slapped the guy. Funny shit..

One person has been arrested. A 'Comedian', Jonnie Marbles. He attempted to 'pie' Murdoch. Pathetic individual.

Last edited:
Update:

James Murdoch states that they have no evidence whatsoever that anyone employed by or contracted by any NewsCorp company has hacked or investigated the possibility of hacking the phones of the victims or families of victims of 9-11.

Rebekah referred to Operation Motorman, a police investigation which raided the office of a private investigator. That raid produced documentation to widespread use of newspapers contracting private investigators.

From that information, a list was produced of which media were paying for private investigators.

The list itself was published only by the BBC, and I can't find the link to the actual list, however....

The table was headed by the Daily Mail, which paid for 952 pieces of information, ordered by 58 of its staff.
Next came the Sunday People, the Daily Mirror, the Mail on Sunday and the News of the World. The BBC published the list at the time, but few newspapers did, perhaps not surprisingly.
The Daily Mail's publisher dismissed the findings as "utterly meaningless", saying: "Associated Newspapers, in common with all newspapers and broadcasters - and many other organisations, including lawyers - use search agencies to obtain information entirely legitimately from a range of public sources."
Acquiring some personal information, in some ways, can be legal if used in the public interest.
It can be a legitimate technique of investigative journalism and curtailing that power could infringe the freedom of the press.
The Observer and Sunday Times both appeared in the Information Commissioner's league table, not just tabloids.

BBC News - News of the World apology 'opens legal can of worms'

I don't know if any of you can watch the live feed of the Select Committee hearings with James and Rupert Murdoch, but.... man, they have some dumb schmucks on that panel. Seems to me they are asking some seriously ill thought out questions.

Example: Context: Rupert Murdoch had a meeting at 10 Downing St with the Prime Minster. Mr Murdoch used the 'back door'. One of the members asked Rupert Murdoch why he used the back door. He responded that he was asked to. So the committee member asked him why he was asked to use the back door. How the hell would he know why? And what the hell is the importance of what door he used? There's serious shit and wrong doing and they're asking him which door he used. Good grief.

Thats all party politics some are calling for Cameron to step down. Cameron's having a rough time over Coulson and his links with the phone hacking. Plus also his links with Murdoch and Brooks. Hes had to publish all his meetings with them so guess the question was to trap Cameron. So when he said the back door that does not look good as looks like Cameron was trying to hide the meeting.

Thats all party politics some are calling for Cameron to step down. Cameron's having a rough time over Coulson and his links with the phone hacking. Plus also his links with Murdoch and Brooks. Hes had to publish all his meetings with them so guess the question was to trap Cameron. So when he said the back door that does not look good as looks like Cameron was trying to hide the meeting.

Oh, ok. That makes sense. I just wish they'd focus on the actual law breaking instead of 'gotcha' moments with politicians. It's not like Labour have no ties to News Int.

Yeh, but when Brooks was asked about her visits to number ten, she said they were mostly with Labour prime ministers! :lol: Another thing this whole situation will confirm is that politicians are even more devious, dishonest and self centred than journos.

I cant wait to find out whats in the email folder. We have heard so much about it and from what people are saying that where the real crimes are.

from BBC live feeds

June Kelly Home Affairs correspondent A senior lawyer has told the Home Affairs Select Committee that material which News International handed over to the police last month contained evidence of serious criminal offences. After Scotland Yard received the file they launched Operation Elvedon - the investigation into alleged corrupt payments to police officers. It is running in conjunction with the inquiry into phone hacking. The top QC, Lord Macdonald of River Glaven, (the former Director of Public Prosecutions) was employed by News Corporation to examine the material. He said that when he told the board what was in the file they were stunned and shocked.

I think this is what Brooks might have been referring to when she said they was worst to come.

Last edited:
I was trying to explain this story to a friend of mine today and it took about 20 minutes.

There are so many twists and turns so far, and this is only the beginning.

Watching Murdoch lie to Parliament was pretty pathetic.

I wonder if lying to Parliament is a crime?

I cant wait to find out whats in the email folder. We have heard so much about it and from what people are saying that where the real crimes are.

from BBC live feeds

June Kelly Home Affairs correspondent A senior lawyer has told the Home Affairs Select Committee that material which News International handed over to the police last month contained evidence of serious criminal offences. After Scotland Yard received the file they launched Operation Elvedon - the investigation into alleged corrupt payments to police officers. It is running in conjunction with the inquiry into phone hacking. The top QC, Lord Macdonald of River Glaven, (the former Director of Public Prosecutions) was employed by News Corporation to examine the material. He said that when he told the board what was in the file they were stunned and shocked.

I think this is what Brooks might have been referring to when she said they was worst to come.

Could well be.

I was trying to explain this story to a friend of mine today and it took about 20 minutes.

That's a good question.

You have proof of any lies? Or is it just that you didn't believe what they said. Cuz there were two of them there. And Rupert Murdoch didn't actually speak that much.

Forum List

Back