MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS & NBC are all in decline for one reason

narrative.jpg

The Old Media won't die any time soon. However, they will continue to get wrinklier, more pathetic and closer to being put out to pasture by the day. They could evolve and survive but they will refuse and eventually disappear rather than change their viewpoint.

They are like Democrat politicians that way. Come misery, poverty or Hell itself they will cling to their undying notion that they can tax then borrow more and more and save us and themselves. And when that does not work they propose to borrow then tax by way of compromise.

I think we should have you handle all our money.

av04.png

Simon Legree

Since Vietnam the right has been angry with the media for telling the truth, particularly when it comes to wrongdoing by the American government.

‘Blame America first,’ they’d whine.

If the US government is committing a wrongful act that is exposed by a journalist performing his Constitutionally mandated role, then the US government has only itself to blame, not ‘the media.’

This is one of the more tedious and infantile aspects of the right.

Reporters have a constitutional mandate? Wow

Freedom of the press is the freedom of communication and expression through vehicles including various electronic media and published materials. While such freedom mostly implies the absence of interference from an overreaching state, its preservation may be sought through constitutional or other legal protections.
With respect to governmental information, any government may distinguish which materials are public or protected from disclosure to the public based on classification of information as sensitive, classified or secret and being otherwise protected from disclosure due to relevance of the information to protecting the national interest. Many governments are also subject to sunshine laws or freedom of information legislation that are used to define the ambit of national interest.

On a side note did any news org report on Obama breaking the constitution by requiring me to buy insurance from you? Fox did, any others?

Um that's still being debated in federal court and is covered intensely by all news outlets when there are updates. Fox must have failed to pass that along. Oops.

The left has given them NOTHING to champion and all they have left is hate for the right. Their precious dems have given them diddly to talk about. No bills, no legislation, no proposals. Nothing but hate. Turn on any one of them and see for yourself. They are all mirror images of their democratic counterparts. They don't offer analysis of things the gop puts forward. Only the same vitryolic condemnation that you hear on the floor of either house.

Watch their nightly shows and compare how many viewpoints or lack there of are represented as compared to Fox and the amount of representation they offer from the left. It's astounding how unbalanced they all are when compared to Fox. The only time they even attempt to balance the viewpoints is on Sunday, when they know they will actually have viewers with a brain.

I've Actually noticed the host of meet the press tone down his rhetoric since he took over the show. Before he became an anchor he acted like a partisan hack like the rest of them. Now I can actually tolerate watching him.

Now I'm expecting the rhetoric to infest this thread about Fox news so let me just say this...

Hannity is clearly hard right BUT he has multiple democrats on his show every night to offer opposing views. All n all I think Fox does a good job finding a middle ground to present news with a right leaning angle. I believe their ratings will back up my thoughts too.

The media used to be our watchdogs. Now they are lap dogs. We need more real journalism in this country.

Ps. I intentionally left out PBS

WINNING!!!!
duh...

Still no rebuttal of the point brought forth that the lamestream media has nothing positive to report about their Chosen One and can only point across the aisle and cry like bitches that they're not getting their way.
:lol:

What's to rebut when people like you obviously have never ever watched CNN. There's PLENTY of criticism about Obama as well as about YOUR "chosen one(s)" -- the POTUS wannabes from the Clown Brigade.

The left has given them NOTHING to champion and all they have left is hate for the right. Their precious dems have given them diddly to talk about. No bills, no legislation, no proposals. Nothing but hate. Turn on any one of them and see for yourself. They are all mirror images of their democratic counterparts. They don't offer analysis of things the gop puts forward. Only the same vitryolic condemnation that you hear on the floor of either house.

Watch their nightly shows and compare how many viewpoints or lack there of are represented as compared to Fox and the amount of representation they offer from the left. It's astounding how unbalanced they all are when compared to Fox. The only time they even attempt to balance the viewpoints is on Sunday, when they know they will actually have viewers with a brain.

I will say there's little for networks to talk about other than painting the allegory of the caring Democrats vs. the Mean Republicans.

I've found that many liberals really dislike admitting that they're liberals. I don't mean that they would rather pretend to be conservative, but I think they hate admitting that they're liberals because that would suggest they're biased and partisan and perhaps even closed-minded to other ideologies. It's the Jon Stewart "restore sanity" BS. Of course "sanity" means "criticizing Republicans and Democrats who embarrass us". They love to decry conservatives for being incurious and hidebound by ideology, and conversely pretend that they have researched the facts and have come to what they feel is the smart, rational, logical conclusion, but that's not the case. They'd rather believe they're just smart and logical and truth-seekers rather than partisan hacks.

"paintng the allegory of the caring Democrats vs. the Mean Republicans." Man,you nailed it. That really does sum up the old Dinosaur Liberal Media perfectly. They've been doing that for many many years. But times are changing. Most know the bias is there at Liberal Media Outlets like CNN & NBC. So less are taking them seriously at this point. There are alternative News Sources now. That wasn't the case 15-20yrs. ago. Back then all you got was the Liberal/Democrat spin from CNN and the alphabet Networks. Thank God that time has now passed. You can get real info if you look hard enough. So things have gotten better but the Liberal Biased Media is still prevalent. The old Dinosaur Media isn't extinct yet. But they're getting there.

The msm is claiming the Oslo killer is a Christian. Guess what? NO ONE can find ANY affiliations with ANY RELIGIOUS GROUP OR CHURCH. NO PROOF OF ANY KIND. Yet he's a Christian fanatic.

Of course Fox is publicly calling it like it is....factually.

Of course he said that's what he was. But hey, don't let straight from the horse's mouth get in the way of your childish hackery.

" MSNBC, CNN, ABC, CBS & NBC are all in decline for one reason "

i'll bite: is it because they didn't tap enough people's phones?

Why would you bite the stupid line? No wonder you have no rep.

Fox News broke 0 laws. A "tabloid" paper in Europe did.

Stop being a tool of the left.

You're too funny, Grampa. I should give you a rep so you'll be up to 33. :lol:

[Someone, please just shoot me when this Gramma gets to be that stupid in my old age.]

I am assuming that 20% of MSNBC viewers are actually Fox News Viewers who wanna see what Matthews,Schultz and Maddcow are up to. Isn't that where they go during those gawd awful Progressive,Geico, and Simulated Vibrator commercials no one can stand watching?

I will say there's little for networks to talk about other than painting the allegory of the caring Democrats vs. the Mean Republicans.

I've found that many liberals really dislike admitting that they're liberals. I don't mean that they would rather pretend to be conservative, but I think they hate admitting that they're liberals because that would suggest they're biased and partisan and perhaps even closed-minded to other ideologies. It's the Jon Stewart "restore sanity" BS. Of course "sanity" means "criticizing Republicans and Democrats who embarrass us". They love to decry conservatives for being incurious and hidebound by ideology, and conversely pretend that they have researched the facts and have come to what they feel is the smart, rational, logical conclusion, but that's not the case. They'd rather believe they're just smart and logical and truth-seekers rather than partisan hacks.

Most Democrats and left-leaning Independents don't like the label "liberal" because it's been bastardized by the right. Just as you did above.

I can vouch for the truth when it comes to MSNBC.. 24/7 they spew hate against the Republicans. even have stupid tepid old harry reid doing it..

Horseshit. They don't even do news/talk shows 24/7. It all ends at 10PM, then do reruns. But I suggest you tear yourself away from the lovely ladies on Fox & Friends in the morning and instead tune into Morning Joe, which has only one lovely lady, Mika Brzezinski co-hosting with Joe Scarborough (a Republican), and who have recently hired on as a political analyst, Michael Steele to their mix which already includes Pat Buchanan and several other high profile Republican talking heads in their specific fields.

I watch morning Joe moron.

Was I talking to you? However, I must say I'm shocked anyway. How come you never learn anything then?

I can vouch for the truth when it comes to MSNBC.. 24/7 they spew hate against the Republicans. even have stupid tepid old harry reid doing it..

Horseshit. They don't even do news/talk shows 24/7. It all ends at 10PM, then do reruns. But I suggest you tear yourself away from the lovely ladies on Fox & Friends in the morning and instead tune into Morning Joe, which has only one lovely lady, Mika Brzezinski co-hosting with Joe Scarborough (a Republican), and who have recently hired on as a political analyst, Michael Steele to their mix which already includes Pat Buchanan and several other high profile Republican talking heads in their specific fields.

So Maddow, Mathews, Schultz, Cenk Uyger, Dylan Ratigan and Lawrence O'Donnell (whom all have hour long shows, not including the clearly liberal news hosts like Tamron, Andrea Mitchelle, and Thomas Roberts) are just impartial commentators on current events? No bias there?

I never said that. MSNBC makes no bones about the fact that they are the left's answer to the right's FOX. On the other hand, Fox continues to try to convince a knowing public that they are "fair and balanced." Maybe if they too just told the truth, they would have a better reputation. Morning Joe, however, is quite impartial, and for that reason starts off the day on the best note possible in my opinion.

So Maddow, Mathews, Schultz, Cenk Uyger, Dylan Ratigan and Lawrence O'Donnell (whom all have hour long shows, not including the clearly liberal news hosts like Tamron, Andrea Mitchelle, and Thomas Roberts) are just impartial commentators on current events? No bias there?

you forgot the bitch who haughtily asked.. "so, do you have a degree in economics?" what is her name?

:confused: You want someone (anyone) to remember who said one line at some obscure moment? Wonderful. I'll get right on that as soon as I finish this apple.

MSNBC has the worst cable personalities in the history of Cable News. Thats one reason, the other obvious reason is that they make things up to make Republicans and regular white Americans look just plain dumb and naive. Just look at the you-tube views of all thier bloopers and blunders. The accusation of a white dude gun toting at an Obama rally pretty much sums up the intelligence and racist attitudes of MSNBC. and Bob Shaffer at CBS needs to drink more prune juice before interviewing conservative leaders.

Racist? Prune juice? How old are you? Nine? May you make it to twelve.

I didn't know that being a prune juice drinker had such racist elements to it. Maybe I need to cut back on eating my Jewish Bagels every Monday,Wednesday & Friday? I wonder if they sell Italian Bagels at wal-mart.

MSNBC?

Good grief... what a loon fest.

It's truly hilarious all these dedicated Foxwatchers who try to convince everyone they actually watch MSNBC. I'd like to know when.

si! so how do you account for the fact that we can come in here regularly and point out the bullshit that goes on over there?? moron???

Because I did used to watch both Fox and MSNBC, and almost always tried to catch Glenn Beck just for a good laugh. Now I don't have time to fill my mind with anything but straight news and mixed panel of political pols on CNN's news talk programs. I also watch A LOT of C-Span or have it in the background most days.

Intelligence is what we get from gathering and analyzing accurate information, but the former is getting harder to come by because of the latter. Somebody recently said that. And it's true.

"paintng the allegory of the caring Democrats vs. the Mean Republicans." Man,you nailed it. That really does sum up the old Dinosaur Liberal Media perfectly. They've been doing that for many many years. But times are changing. Most know the bias is there at Liberal Media Outlets like CNN & NBC. So less are taking them seriously at this point. There are alternative News Sources now. That wasn't the case 15-20yrs. ago. Back then all you got was the Liberal/Democrat spin from CNN and the alphabet Networks. Thank God that time has now passed. You can get real info if you look hard enough. So things have gotten better but the Liberal Biased Media is still prevalent. The old Dinosaur Media isn't extinct yet. But they're getting there.

So can I take it that the phrase "alphabet networks" is the latest buzz word that's supposed to translate to "evil liberal media"?? Cute.

MSNBC has the worst cable personalities in the history of Cable News. Thats one reason, the other obvious reason is that they make things up to make Republicans and regular white Americans look just plain dumb and naive. Just look at the you-tube views of all thier bloopers and blunders. The accusation of a white dude gun toting at an Obama rally pretty much sums up the intelligence and racist attitudes of MSNBC. and Bob Shaffer at CBS needs to drink more prune juice before interviewing conservative leaders.

Racist? Prune juice? How old are you? Nine? May you make it to twelve.

I didn't know that being a prune juice drinker had such racist elements to it. Maybe I need to cut back on eating my Jewish Bagels every Monday,Wednesday & Friday? I wonder if they sell Italian Bagels at wal-mart.

Two separate questions to two separate characterizations. These are toughies.

Forum List

Back