Movies you walked out on.

District 19 or something like that.... I saw it on video later, not a bad ending.

There was another movie in the 80's that was pretty wretched. Death Before Dishonor I gave up on it. I should have walked out of American Beauty, Cloud Atlas.

American Beauty is a movie that is difficult to get through.
On one hand, it is a very good movie. And portrays the "quiet desperation" of so many people very well.
The story book tale of love, marriage and family all living in harmony is simply not the case for many unfortunate people.
And the movie does a good job showing the frustrations, exhaustive routines and pointlessness of modernity. (For those that look at it that way)
However, the movie also, very visually, displays the main characters sexual frustration in a sexless marriage and his fascination for one of his daughters friends. Get's pretty damn icky. The actor was 20 years old when making the movie, but they obviously chose her for looking like she is 15.

If that was the case, for me it has to be Matrix II.

Tried to watch it 6x, never made it.
For me it is that way with John Wicke 2nd and 3rd movie. The original was pretty descent, but I found the 2nd movie absurd. For some reason we decided to watch 3... couldn't watch it. Laughably unrealistic to the point of stupidity

Lethal Weapon 3 is one I actually walked out on.
Pretty much because I had my fill of Joe Pesci for the decade.

American Beauty is a movie that is difficult to get through.
On one hand, it is a very good movie. And portrays the "quiet desperation" of so many people very well.
The story book tale of love, marriage and family all living in harmony is simply not the case for many unfortunate people.
And the movie does a good job showing the frustrations, exhaustive routines and pointlessness of modernity. (For those that look at it that way)
However, the movie also, very visually, displays the main characters sexual frustration in a sexless marriage and his fascination for one of his daughters friends. Get's pretty damn icky. The actor was 20 years old when making the movie, but they obviously chose her for looking like she is 15.
Especially knowing how Spacey rolls in retrospect

If that was the case, for me it has to be Matrix II.

Tried to watch it 6x, never made it.
I haven't watched Matrix II.

But it took several tries before I stayed awake through the first one.

Maybe it's a conspiracy where they put sleeping agents in the popcorn. :dunno:

Jurassic park 2.

I was bored as hell watching it. A new episode of spawn was premiering on HBO at midnight and I kept looking at my watch and thinking "if I leave now I can make it home in time to see it". So I left about the time the t rex came out of the boat towards the end.

Never did see the end of that movie.

My father walked out on Saving Private Ryan. He said no US Army platoon would go up against a panzer unit. He had some personal experience. He landed in France a few months after D Day, with the US Army.
Also, no unit that just landed would be walking around in bocage country, broad daylight, loudly bellyaching about their mission....Likewise.a column wouldn't be hiking along a ridge at night, silhouetted against a backdrop of distant artillery fire.....That attacking of the machine gun nest was beyond unlikely....

That movie sucked out loud.

I don't remember ever walking out of a theater*. However, I have seen several movies that weren't very good and I regretted going to see them.

I have quit watching movies at home many times because they have been boring.

*One exception. While home on leave from the Army I took this chick to see 2001. I was interested in the movie but it was long and I decided there was better things the girl and I could be doing than watching the movie. She agreed and we left. Had nothing to do with the quality of the movie.

Several of my favorite films star Nicholas Cage, but there are two films of his that I probably didn't get halfway through due to the content or the bore factor and they are his films named The Weatherman and Match Stick Men.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly

P.S. I love his films named Con Air, Face Off, Snake Eyes, and Gone In 60 Seconds.

Forum List

Back