Motorcycle helmet of the future!

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
how cool is this!! And if you want one right now...it would seem they are taking applications to be a tester. I put the link at the bottom.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7AYfq9uIY8]Skully Helmets - Lets go for a ride - YouTube[/ame]

Using GPS on a motorcycle usually involves looking down at a portable navigation device on the handlebars, but Skully Helmets wants to update that experience. The company developed the Skully P1 motorcycle helmet, which gives riders a heads-up display and integrates not only GPS, but a rear-view camera, hands-free phone system, and voice command.

According to Skully's press materials, the display is not in the rider's primary field of vision, and appears as if it were floating 6 meters ahead.

The helmet runs a modified version of the Android operating system, which comes loaded with navigation and Bluetooth connectivity. With the helmet paired to a smartphone through Bluetooth, the rider can use voice command to make phone calls and start music playback.

The heads-up display can also show the image from an integrated rear-view camera. Skully notes that this camera has a 180 degree field of vision, so the rider can also see when it is safe to change lanes.
Skully demonstrates GPS, rear-view camera in motorcycle helmet | The Car Tech blog - CNET Reviews

the link to apply to be a tester.

How to Get a Skully ? Skully Helmets

that was awesome!
I would wear that on my sportbike, but I like the wind and the sound of the glide when im on the hog :)
badass song too :thup:

that was awesome!
I would wear that on my sportbike, but I like the wind and the sound of the glide when im on the hog :)
badass song too :thup:

well dont tell them that! sign up, what is the worst that will happen, nothing.

the best? You could get a cool helmet for free!

I hate helmets, but since I have to wear on in Alabama, I would love this thing.

It needs a forward facing camera that can record Hi Def video.

Rarely wear a helmet on my bike except when it's cold out. Not required in MN. However, if they developed it in a snowmobile helmet and it could take extreme cold I would love one mainly for the GPS system.

Pretty Cool.

Rarely wear a helmet on my bike except when it's cold out. Not required in MN. However, if they developed it in a snowmobile helmet and it could take extreme cold I would love one mainly for the GPS system.

Pretty Cool.

there is a difference in snowmobile to a regular helmet?

Pretty Cool.

Snowmobile helmets are designed for extreme cold weather. More insulation, better seals. I have had a bad seal on a helmet faceshield and got a touch of frostbite on my face right on my cheek, lucky it wasn't real bad. If it's below zero and you ride at the speeds I do, there is substantial windchill. Shhhh, don't tell the cops I speed.:cool: Some folks who use a helmet and goggles will put duct tape on exposed parts of their face to avoid frostbite.

Last edited:

Pretty Cool.

Snowmobile helmets are designed for extreme cold weather. More insulation, better seals. I have had a bad seal on a helmet faceshield and got a touch of frostbite on my face right on my cheek, lucky it wasn't real bad. If it's below zero and you ride at the speeds I do, there is substantial windchill. Shhhh, don't tell the cops I speed.:cool: Some folks who use a helmet and goggles will put duct tape on exposed parts of their face to avoid frostbite.

well that makes sense....... maybe you should drop them a line and ask for one made for extreme cold.

Forum List

Back