Mother On the Lam For Right to Let Son Die

His parents are choosing alternative treatment, and they're doing what they think is best just like a 13 year old girl deciding to kill her baby. But as someone who advocates what you do about government intervention into private medical issues about what people do with their own body as a means of defending abortion, you have no grounds on which to argue here. You don't get to pick and choose who gets to be treated fairly under the laws that you advocate, that's not how the game works.

I wouldn't 'choose' the option that they have personally.

After all, it's all about choice, isn't it? That's all that matters.

As I said, I disagree that there are no grounds for that argument and so does the court.

The 13 year old girl who becomes pregnant is not dying. I think the law should require that a parent or adult guardian should be informed and it is a private medical decision whether or not to abort the pregnancy, not the government.

This 13 year old boy is going to die from lack of treatment, so essentially his mother's choice is a walking abortion of his life. The private medical decision has become a public legal affair because a civilized society has an obligation to protect this already alive child from THAT choice.

You're right, only the life that is inside of her will be dying, so she's making the choice for someone else's life, not her own. Sorry, but you have no argument.

Funny, and your only argument is simply that I supposedly have no argument??? :lol:

It goes back to Jillian's initial statement. If you're pro-life (imposing the law into reproductive choice) and pro this mother's choice to let her living breathing 13 year old son die (keeping the law out of it) , then it is you who is the hypocrite.

You think parents have the right to choose to let their living children die, but not the right to choose to abort the fetus? :cuckoo: Most people can see the obvious differences here, but taking stabs at women is much easier to do than THINK about it.

His parents are choosing alternative treatment, and they're doing what they think is best just like a 13 year old girl deciding to kill her baby. But as someone who advocates what you do about government intervention into private medical issues about what people do with their own body as a means of defending abortion, you have no grounds on which to argue here. You don't get to pick and choose who gets to be treated fairly under the laws that you advocate, that's not how the game works.

I wouldn't 'choose' the option that they have personally.

After all, it's all about choice, isn't it? That's all that matters.

Since it's all about choice, if it was your child, would you let him choose alternative medicine over the recommended treatment? You said you wouldn't choose that course, but what if it was your 13 year son? Would you let him decide for himself? Or would you make the wise choice and require him to go through treatment so he could live?

You think parents have the right to choose to let their living children die, but not the right to choose to abort the fetus? :cuckoo: See how twisted that logic can be? Most people can see the obvious differences here, but taking stabs at women is much easier to do than THINK about it.
Of course, Val...you know as well as I that the wingnuts only care about potential life...or pretend to care about it.

You don't even understand what's going on here. Thanks for the laugh. :lol:

Here we go again. Because abortion is legal RGS's little mind believes we should let living, breathing children die of neglect.

:rolleyes:

And here we go again.. a left wanting choice only when it suits them... choose to kill one innocent life, and force another to have a treatment

And the other funny thing.. looks like RGS stated he believed the boy should be treated

And in my opinion, the boy should be treated... and I believe his life should be protected like all innocent life should..

Now... it would be different, IMHO, if this were on the subject of prolonging a couple of months or whatever and the child did not want to go thru intensive and painful treatments for the chance at an extra 60 days... but this is a case that the prognosis for cure is indeed high

So do you agree or disagree that the government should intervene?

Ohh I get it, A mother has the right to murder a fetus cause well it aint born yet but not the right to CHOSE her son's medical treatment that HE also wants.

I agree he should be treated but YOU have no leg to stand on on this issue.

Well said

only if one can't discern the difference between a parent being required to CARE for their child and not neglecting said child... and my right to my body.

I guess medical treatment is only required if the brain has turned to liquid like Terry Schiavo, eh?

Skewed values... sorry.

So, you believe that the government has no say over your body, but it does over your children's? You're okay with the government coming in and telling you what decisions you can and cannot make on behalf of your children, but not for yourself? Unless of course it's telling you how much of your pay they're taking, or what kind of a car you can drive, how much water, electricity, fuel you can use, what you can eat, etc... I'm guessing that you're not even a parent, nor have you ever been pregnant.

Remind us again how a 13 year old Pregnant Girl can CHOSE to ABORT but a 13 year old boy with Cancer can not CHOSE to not have the treatment YOU want him to have.

Well, I oppose the 13 year old pregnant girl being permitted to choose abortion, and I also oppose the 13 year old boy being able to choose suicide over sound medical treatment that will save his life.

Ditto.

a 13 year old boy with Cancer can not CHOSE to not have the treatment YOU want him to have.

It's the treatment his doctors want him to have because there is overwhelming demonstrable evidence that it is a matter of life and death for him. The boy is a minor who needs a responsible adult to be his guardian and protect him. This parent is guilty of neglect, IMO.

So Freedom of religion does not apply? Privacy does not apply? The rights of the Parents to DISAGRRE with the doctors and CHOSE AN ALTERNATE treatment does not apply?

Reread it, the Mother did not say he would not get treatement, she said they would use alternate means.

YOU are now claiming the Government has the sole say in treatment for anyone that the Doctors disagree with. In my opinion the Judge had no legal basis to make the Judgement he made.

I think the child should get the treatment, BUT LEGALLY under the Constitution that simply is not OUR place to demand it.

ANYONE that supports abortion has NO standing to oppose the Mother and the Boy's wishes. NONE.

There is a huge difference between alternate treatments that are effective and no treatment at all. This mother is choosing no treatment other than some dietary changes. I'm sorry, but that is not treatment, and therefore this mother is not making a rational decision.

As I said, I disagree that there are no grounds for that argument and so does the court.

The 13 year old girl who becomes pregnant is not dying. I think the law should require that a parent or adult guardian should be informed and it is a private medical decision whether or not to abort the pregnancy, not the government.

This 13 year old boy is going to die from lack of treatment, so essentially his mother's choice is a walking abortion of his life. The private medical decision has become a public legal affair because a civilized society has an obligation to protect this already alive child from THAT choice.

You're right, only the life that is inside of her will be dying, so she's making the choice for someone else's life, not her own. Sorry, but you have no argument.

Funny, and your only argument is simply that I supposedly have no argument??? :lol:

It goes back to Jillian's initial statement. If you're pro-life (imposing the law into reproductive choice) and pro this mother's choice to let her living breathing 13 year old son die (keeping the law out of it) , then it is you who is the hypocrite.

I never said that the boy should have the right to 'choose'? I'm calling you on your hypocrisy where it's okay to choose in one case and allow the government to make decisions on 'private medical decisions' in one case, but not in any other. That's what you would be doing.

Just like Gays marrying and Jillian being opposed to CONSENTING ADULTS having Incestuous Relationships, you turds are all for choice unless it bothers YOUR conscious. Either we have religious freedom and choice or we do not. IF the Majority does not get to decide on Gays and abortion, guess what , YOU don't get to decide on medical treatment for minors on this issue.

:rolleyes: You're all over the road.

What does adult consensual sex have to do with this?

I am for keeping the government out of our personal freedoms as far as possible, but a civil society needs to protect it's children.

Only when they're outside the womb, right? Amazing. How anyone can have two such conflicting views at the same time is incomprehensible. How you can advocate that the government has no business being in anyone's medical care to support your advocasy of abortion and then turn around and say the opposite in this case is amazing. :cuckoo:

While I do not support abortion, their argument is not conflicting in their minds. You assume it to be conflicting because you believe that life begins at conception. Those who are pro-choice do not believe life begins at conception; therefore there is a huge differnce and they are not being hypocritical at all.

What does seem to be hyporcritical is the fact that you support life of the unborn, but you would allow this child to die through neglect of the parents because it is their right to medical privacy. At the very least, you are on equal ground with them as you support the death of this child.

Here we go again. Because abortion is legal RGS's little mind believes we should let living, breathing children die of neglect.

:rolleyes:

And here we go again.. a left wanting choice only when it suits them... choose to kill one innocent life, and force another to have a treatment

And the other funny thing.. looks like RGS stated he believed the boy should be treated

And in my opinion, the boy should be treated... and I believe his life should be protected like all innocent life should..

Now... it would be different, IMHO, if this were on the subject of prolonging a couple of months or whatever and the child did not want to go thru intensive and painful treatments for the chance at an extra 60 days... but this is a case that the prognosis for cure is indeed high

With the Supreme Court finding on Row vs Wade, they clearly found that the government has no right to come between the private decisions made by citizens with regards to their personal health matters. If it's okay for them to intervene in this instance, then why not on others?

:rolleyes: You're all over the road.

What does adult consensual sex have to do with this?

I am for keeping the government out of our personal freedoms as far as possible, but a civil society needs to protect it's children.

Only when they're outside the womb, right? Amazing. How anyone can have two such conflicting views at the same time is incomprehensible. How you can advocate that the government has no business being in anyone's medical care to support your advocasy of abortion and then turn around and say the opposite in this case is amazing. :cuckoo:

While I do not support abortion, their argument is not conflicting in their minds. You assume it to be conflicting because you believe that life begins at conception. Those who are pro-choice do not believe life begins at conception; therefore there is a huge differnce and they are not being hypocritical at all.

What does seem to be hyporcritical is the fact that you support life of the unborn, but you would allow this child to die through neglect of the parents because it is their right to medical privacy. At the very least, you are on equal ground with them as you support the death of this child.

I'm using their own argument against them. I don't support the treatment being withheld from this boy in any way. Their argument is conflicting in reality, what's in their minds, I'd really rather not know.

I never said that the boy should have the right to 'choose'? I'm calling you on your hypocrisy where it's okay to choose in one case and allow the government to make decisions on 'private medical decisions' in one case, but not in any other. That's what you would be doing.

You're not saying the boy has a right to choose, but that his mother does, right? Maybe you're just trying to be difficult cuz you think it's cute to call people hypocrites? I can't help it if you can't see the difference, I'm not going to keep repeating myself.

I'm using their own argument against them. I don't support the treatment being withheld from this boy in any way. Their argument is conflicting in reality, what's in their minds, I'd really rather not know.

Spell it out, wise guy. Are you pro-life? What argument do you imagine you're using? That a fetus equals a 13 year old child? :cuckoo:

With the Supreme Court finding on Row vs Wade, they clearly found that the government has no right to come between the private decisions made by citizens with regards to their personal health matters. If it's okay for them to intervene in this instance, then why not on others?

I guess you do support this decision. You're just arguing with the pro-choicers about abortion. That is a separate issue. And as I stated, for those who do not believe that life begins at conception, there is not a double standard.

The government should not dictate what, if any, medical treatment a person should go through. This is supposed to be a free society, where a person has the freedom to choose what's best themselves. I've known too many people that have undergone chemotherapy and frankly the cure is often worse than the disease. Everyone I know that had undergone extensive treatment has passed away after years of what I feel is medical abuse.

So WHAT are you SAYING?

That because women can abort their pregnancy if they choose to do so, it is okay to kill one's child after they are born as well?

This supposed logic is illogical to me?

Just a political stab by you I suppose.....on a topic that has nothing to do with what is going on here, with this grown child? :(

Care

You're not saying the boy has a right to choose, but that his mother does, right? Maybe you're just trying to be difficult cuz you think it's cute to call people hypocrites? I can't help it if you can't see the difference, I'm not going to keep repeating myself.

You're saying that the mother has the right to choose life or death of her child while it's inside the womb, but not in this case? The Mother of the boy doesn't really think she's choosing death for her son, because they have other beliefs. Just as the 13 year old mother doesn't believe she's choosing death for her child either, because society has taught her that it's not really a life yet. I believe the 13 year old girl is choosing death for her child as well, so no, I do not see the difference. And I am not in favor of either one of them being able to 'choose' to terminate the life of their child.

Keep Terri Schiavo (a vegetable) alive by artificial means, but allow this kid (other than lymphoma, healthy and with a future) to just die due to lack of treatment.

Now THAT doesn't make sense!

I guess you do support this decision. You're just arguing with the pro-choicers about abortion. That is a separate issue. And as I stated, for those who do not believe that life begins at conception, there is not a double standard.

Well, this thread happened to pop up at the same time, with the same people, as the abortion thread did. So, to see them come in here and argue a complete 180 of what they were arguing over in the abortion thread is really quite something to see.

Well, this thread happened to pop up at the same time, with the same people, as the abortion thread did. So, to see them come in here and argue a complete 180 of what they were arguing over in the abortion thread is really quite something to see.

Ha ha ha. Spell it out wise guy, Which kind of hypocrite are you???

Forum List

Back