Most US Companies avoid paying income tax

8 billion from the Oil Companies on the Gulf coast/East Coast oil and gas wells. Ya they don't pay anything.

Further if a company LOSES money what exactly would their tax burden be?
I bet you have a different opinion/position today because last I checked GE made lots of profits and they didn't pay taxes. The only reason Republicans now, 8 years later, are ready to admit I was right is because Obama's Czar is GE's CEO. NOW they are willing to admit I was right. Are you?

Anyways, now you know that you are full of shit. Corporations are not paying their fair share of taxes. They can show you all their fuzzy math, but in the end, Corporations are not paying enough in taxes. That means you are shouldering more of the burden, dummy.

Yeah... damn those oil companies for only paying 2.5 times their profits in taxes... it should be MORE :rolleyes:

The corporations pay a crapload of taxes....

And it is ridiculous to hear you screaming about 'fair' share... all the while promoting a punishment system of taxation to be used for wealth redistribution, instead of a fair, equal burden% tax system :cuckoo:

And for those who are trying to base corporate taxation on sales stats... you have to realize that even with a billion dollars in sales, the company could be running at a loss... and on top of that, thru business transactions, purchases, etc, that corporation running at a loss is still paying into the tax system
Did those oil companies really pay taxes or was it a shell game? Did they pay $1 billion in and then get $2 billion in write offs?

So GE paid no taxes but Oil Companies were dumb enough to pay them?

And I remember oil companies were bringing in record profits in 2008. They better have been paying taxes.

I think you should get to pay zero for taxes, and get no services of any kind. No roads, no parks, no police services, no fire services, no legal services of any kind. No protection from the military, no ability to buy food that is safety checked. No hunting, no fishing, And we could all watch you and see how it works out.[/QUOTE]

Fukin A!!

Anyways, now you know that you are full of shit. Corporations are not paying their fair share of taxes. They can show you all their fuzzy math, but in the end, Corporations are not paying enough in taxes. That means you are shouldering more of the burden, dummy.

Yeah... damn those oil companies for only paying 2.5 times their profits in taxes... it should be MORE :rolleyes:

And it is ridiculous to hear you screaming about 'fair' share... all the while promoting a punishment system of taxation to be used for wealth redistribution, instead of a fair, equal burden% tax system :cuckoo:

And for those who are trying to base corporate taxation on sales stats... you have to realize that even with a billion dollars in sales, the company could be running at a loss... and on top of that, thru business transactions, purchases, etc, that corporation running at a loss is still paying into the tax system
Did those oil companies really pay taxes or was it a shell game? Did they pay $1 billion in and then get $2 billion in write offs?

And I remember oil companies were bringing in record profits in 2008. They better have been paying taxes.

Nope. Profits hidden if foreign bank accounts like haliburton and kbr too

lmao...wasnt oblama gonna stop all that hiding money in foreign bank shit?....lol....u ignorant boobs

remember that super secret meeting between DICK cheney and the US oil exec's?...no minutes taken, no recording of any kind?.....then gas prices went sky high the next week?...and US big oil received 23 billionusd in tax credit(14 billion)and "incentives"...lol

lmao...wasnt oblama gonna stop all that hiding money in foreign bank shit?....lol....u ignorant boobs
Now I see why oil companies were hording cash. They knew gas prices would go down eventually and now they aren't making shit for profits. Now I feel sorry for them. AND, I'm glad they aren't charging us $4 a gallon. What would we do if they did? Nothing we could do about it. Unless of course our government regulates them.

Now I see why oil companies were hording cash. They knew gas prices would go down eventually and now they aren't making shit for profits. Now I feel sorry for them. AND, I'm glad they aren't charging us $4 a gallon. What would we do if they did? Nothing we could do about it. Unless of course our government regulates them.
I suspect windship is simply trying to end threads. Cause he says nothing, proves nothing, and seems to know nothing. Other than that, he is just a waste of space. Never saw anyone use so much space to say so little.

And we should pass gun legislation right after a mass shooting and we should rush to war right after a terror attack

The first significant act of war on the United States occurred on February 26, 1993. Within weeks of President Bill Clinton taking office.

The second act of war on the United States occurred on September 11, 2001, nine months after President Bush took office. The mastermind of both attacks was Osama bin Laden.

After that attack, the United Kingdom, and the United States demanded that the Taliban turns over Osama bin-Laden. They refused and we attacked the Taliban on October 7, 2001. The war on Iraq began March 2003.

The point here is that there is a far, far different situation from a knee-jerk reaction to gun laws for which there is NO RUSH. Do you believe we should have waited several months before declaring war on Japan after Pearl Harbor Day? We waited too long with Germany and Italy did we not?

Nope. Profits hidden if foreign bank accounts like haliburton and kbr too

As you know, the Lame Duck President Obama administration also gives no bid contracts to Haliburton.

Since much of Haliburton's work is done overseas. Why should they bring that money into the United States and pay a draconian tax on it when it is not necessary and is perfectly legal. What have they done that you don't do?

8 billion from the Oil Companies on the Gulf coast/East Coast oil and gas wells. Ya they don't pay anything.

Further if a company LOSES money what exactly would their tax burden be?
I bet you have a different opinion/position today because last I checked GE made lots of profits and they didn't pay taxes. The only reason Republicans now, 8 years later, are ready to admit I was right is because Obama's Czar is GE's CEO. NOW they are willing to admit I was right. Are you?

There are a number of reasons why a profitable company may not pay taxes. For instance, years of deep losses can affect a tax bill.

27 giant profitable companies paid no taxes

What's more Tax day should be the day before election day so people can vote right after the government takes a big wet bite out of their asses
And we should pass gun legislation right after a mass shooting and we should rush to war right after a terror attack

Except your gun legislation would restrict a constitutional right changing tax day would not
Are you so dumb you forget in November what you paid 7 months ago?

I know exactly what I pay in income taxes every year because I have to actually write 5 figure checks quarterly.

Tell me do you know exactly how much you paid in income taxes last year? I bet you don't because they were taken out of your pay and like most people you never even look at the numbers

So get rid of payroll withholding and make everyone write a check every quarter and move tax day moved to the day before election day

I think you should get to pay zero for taxes, and get no services of any kind. No roads, no parks, no police services, no fire services, no legal services of any kind. No protection from the military, no ability to buy food that is safety checked. No hunting, no fishing, And we could all watch you and see how it works out.
So you get that I am advocating all that shit from my post?

WHat the fuck are you on?

Except your gun legislation would restrict a constitutional right changing tax day would not

I know exactly what I pay in income taxes every year because I have to actually write 5 figure checks quarterly.

Tell me do you know exactly how much you paid in income taxes last year? I bet you don't because they were taken out of your pay and like most people you never even look at the numbers

So get rid of payroll withholding and make everyone write a check every quarter and move tax day moved to the day before election day

I think you should get to pay zero for taxes, and get no services of any kind. No roads, no parks, no police services, no fire services, no legal services of any kind. No protection from the military, no ability to buy food that is safety checked. No hunting, no fishing, And we could all watch you and see how it works out.
Paygo for people like this. I know so many Republicans on disability. Sickening. I'm for safety nets and hopefully never have to use them. They are against the very safety nets that saved them.

So how much do you pay in taxes? you don't know do you? you must like being ignorant about your money.

Paygo for people like this. I know so many Republicans on disability. Sickening. I'm for safety nets and hopefully never have to use them. They are against the very safety nets that saved them.

So how much do you pay in taxes? you don't know do you? you must like being ignorant about your money.
I remember making a lot of money in straight commission sales. All the republicans cried about how much in taxes they paid. All the liberals were happy how much money they made.

Look at what your party has done to the economy and say we are stupid.

Thank you for Econ 101 retard. So is the solution that Corporations should never pay taxes because if we tax them, they'll just pass on the costs to us consumers? Well then don't buy their fucking products. Then they'll lower their prices to a level that you can afford.

What is it that you just have to have that you will pay whatever they ask? Dildo's?

You guys are funny. Income tax started out as being something companies paid. It is unconstitutional to tax individuals income. Yet somehow they convinced you that it is not good to tax the corporations and it is patriotic to pay income tax. They won. We lost. We can't win with guys like you on our team.

Your ignorance is really stunning!

I'm not sure how to simplify this for you.

If the taxes go up on corporations (sheer insanity), they go up on all corporations so all corporations pass those taxes on to their only source of income, the consumer. So if the tax on each razor scooter goes up by $1.00 per unit from company "A", it will go up by $1.00 per unit from company "B". This is not high mathematics, more like third-grade arithmetic.

Even you don't believe the malarkey you pedal, you just love stirring the pot.
You're so dumb. Maybe instead of passing the costs on to us the CEO just doesn't get as big of a bonus.

Razor scooter companies charge what the market will bare. If they charge consumers too much they won't buy.

And if you can afford $3000 for a scooter you can afford $3100. Pay your fucking taxes. It's patriotic

Poor Markle wants in the worst way to be believed. And he has been told by his loved source that corporations should not have to pay taxes. Rather, those taxes should be paid by us. The customers, and the middle class. Because the corporations do not have enough money to pay taxes. Their drain on the environment, the infrastructure by the corporations, is fine. Let the middle class pay, the corporations need to get richer and more powerful. So, that way the working class will have need for multiple jobs at starvation wages to pay their taxes, and the corporations will be richer, and more and more powerful. A conservative wet dream.
But con tools like Markle have no idea of how the corporate portion of the taxes will be paid. Because, well, studying the issue is beyond them. It takes rational thought.

So Markle, having no understanding of how business is run, but fully believing in con talking points, says:
Sad you can't comprehend where every corporation's revenue originates. You're so cute with these things! You refuse to accept that every bit of tax a corporation pays...comes from you, the consumer.

No, Markle, being a simple real estate agent, you just are not capable of understanding something like taxes. Everyone know, me poor ignorant con tool, that corporate revenue comes from sales to customers. Even before econ 101. You are instead simply posting con talking points, as usual. And believing that revenue from customers is a profound idea. When, of course, it simply proves you to be stupid. Butt stupid.

Try your best to follow this:
A corporation has revenue. That revenue has to cover costs. What is left is called Profit. (I am trying to keep this at a 2nd grade level so you have a chance of keeping up). Now, you need to understand this, so try to pay attention. Corporations, like individuals, pay taxes ONLY ON PROFITS. So a profitable organization is thought by those with a rational mind to need to pay taxes on the things they do. Use of roads, other resources, government services, etc.
Then, if you understand anything about business, any business be it corporation, partnership, or single proprietorship, has to determine where to get money to pay taxes. Your statement is that they simply get it from their customers. By raising their prices. Which is great, if they can do so. But that assumes something that is known to be wrong if the company is a competitive entity. It can not simply raise prices, because doing so causes the customer to go to one of the many other companies that offer the good or service in question.

I suspect I just lost you. But the net is, since companies of any type do not like loosing customers, nearly all companies will take taxes from PROFITS. Look some day at a corporate tax return, or their balance sheet, or their income statement, or their source and application of funds report, and you will see profits, estimate for taxes, and profits after taxes. Net Profit. What you will not see is any mention of added revenue from price increases for taxes.

So, do they pass the cost on? Not really, though the money they use to pay taxes did come from their customer base. But it is from profits. Plain and simple. And when they can not make a profit, they do not raise their prices to pay taxes. They simply do not pay taxes, and maybe go out of business.

You could really use a course in Business. Any general college business class to help you understand.

But here is another issue, me boy. You want what cons have always wanted. An end to corporate taxes. Because you say they simply pass those costs on. So lets allow them to maximize their profits, and keep all of their profits, and see that consumers pay all taxes.
But did you ever consider that consumers are employees, and that they can not afford to pay more taxes? So they will not pay taxes. So government services will be curtailed. Which is another con wet dream. So, your job is to determine what gov services to eliminate, and get the public to agree to eliminate those services. And if you are a politician, you need to start looking for your next job. Because eliminating gov services will cause them to loose their nice cushy political postition.
And did you ever wonder why people should have to pay taxes at all. Maybe it would be better to simply have the corporations pay the taxes and pass the cost on to consumers.

Have you any idea how much of an idiot you are? Posting con tool talking points and believing you are smart is, me boy, STUPID.
What those with thinking minds do know, me boy, is that corporations and other types of business entities are run by people interested in maximizing profits and revenues. And as such, if you take their tax liabilities away, you simply pay higher prices for the goods and services you used to pay less for, while seeing your tax liability go through the roof. Another con wet dream.

Re the bolded:. False. Competitors also have to pay the new, higher tax as well. The result is that ALL scooters will be more expensive. ALL scooter companies will be raising the price of scooters roughly the same amount. The consumer pays more in order to cover the tax, but the scooter sellers are still competitive with each other.

I remember making a lot of money in straight commission sales. All the republicans cried about how much in taxes they paid. All the liberals were happy how much money they made.

So you still can't answer the question
and FYI for the umpteenth time I'm not a republican

What's more Tax day should be the day before election day so people can vote right after the government takes a big wet bite out of their asses

yes and the withholding tax should be eliminated so people get their full pay check and then have to send it off to Washington themselves once a year!

corporations and other types of business entities are run by people interested in maximizing profits and revenues. And as such, if you take their tax liabilities away, you simply pay higher prices for the goods and services you used to pay less for,

Econ 101! The price of an apple is less than the price of a jet plane because it costs less to make the apple .

If the raw material cost or tax cost to make an apple or jet plane goes down so does the price thanks to competition. 1+1=2

Forum List

Back