Most Native Americans are proud of the Redskins logo.

Compromise. Keep the logo, and change the team name to something patriotic like "Real Americans"
Hmmm interesting idea.

Compromise. Keep the logo, and change the team name to something patriotic like "Real Americans"
Hmmm interesting idea.
Worked up a rough mock-up of what that might look like:
View attachment 363086
Hey I've got it! The Washington SpearChuckers. jk I think you're onto something.

It might take a while, but I'm waiting for them to invent a sport I'd actually enjoy watching...

View attachment 363068
Yeah, Man! Roller Now! That's the way to go!
Bartholomew: Corporate society takes care of everything. And all it asks of anyone, all it's ever asked of anyone ever, is not to interfere with management decisions.
P.A. Announcer: Ladies and gentlemen, will you stand please for the playing of our Corporate Hymn.
1594693426157.png

FLORIDA STATE SEMINOLES!

Many decades ago FSU, the Booster Club, and our legislature met with the Seminole Tribe. They reached an agreement whereby the Tribe Council approves the logo and everywhere else it is used. They also approve of the costume worn by that year's rider of Renegade, the horse is ridden at games and other events. The Seminole Tribe also shares in the profits from all licensed merchandise sold. Everybody is happy.

Renegade and rider is on hand for all home games and bowl games. Riding onto the field and planting the flaming spear just before the flip of the coin. Needless to say, 80,000 fans go crazy!

JDRRHTXPCIPIDZR.20140628222524.jpeg

Being a 'Nole in Gator country is interesting, but IDGAF.
When I go out of town? I be wearing dat 'Noles cap.

The owner(s) have the right to change the name of their team as they see fit. If most natives are ok with the name/logo the owners dropped the ball. For example the FSU Seminoles have had calls for them to change their mascot/name/logo...but they'be received support from the Seminole tribe to keep it and the Seminoles gave them input on their celebrations/traditions at games. Very smart of them to get ahead of the curve and solve the problem before it gets to this point.
If the owners really had a say they wouldn’t change it. Sjw’s are making it impossible not to.

They had the sharpest uniforms in the NFL, and I even liked their throwback uniforms more than their current ones. It will be interesting what they come up with, I would hope they keep the same color scheme, and the only thing that changes is the logo and the name.

Red Tails, Warriors, or Generals are the leading contenders I believe. I bet they go with Red Tails, and that would be a two-fer, a way to appease the woke crowd by paying homage to the Tuskegee airmen.
How about changing their name to "The Foreskins" to honor the dick-heads they represent in D.C.?

Hey I've got it! The Washington SpearChuckers. jk I think you're onto something.

You might be surprised to learn that the first, and maybe the second season of M*A*S*H* featured another doctor in the swamp with Hawkeye and Trapper John. It was a black doctor, nicknamed...Spear Chucker! That was 1972 or 73.

The Redskins' namesake and first head coach, Willy Deitz, dodged the draft in WWI by pretending to be an injun named Jimmy One Star.

Perhaps the Washington Dodgers would be a more appropriate albeit less colorful moniker.

This is the ultimate absurdity. You have the majority of Native Americans who identify with the Redskins logo and many have been lifelong fans BECAUSE they identified with the image and the fact that it was such a quality organization with a great legacy. Along come the Wokesters and corporate appeasers like FedEx jumping on the SJW bandwagon to save the day. I wonder if they will offer the Native American Redskins fans some re-education training so they understand why they should have been offended.
From your link:
The survey, as reported by the Washington Post, asked 500 people who identify as Native American to pick from a list of words which one best described their feelings about the Redskins name. The word most picked was “proud.”

.....the NAs slaughtered/tortured -even the kids did it/warred on/displaced/decimated/etc other tribes long before the whites came
..Oklahoma means Red People--how about getting rid of that?
..more nonsense--like the police brutality crap

Of course, there's also this:

I don't know how many Native Americans care, but enough apparently do. :dunno:
The people they elected to their councils certainly are against the Redskins name....
..they are not against the name--the are greedy

This is the ultimate absurdity. You have the majority of Native Americans who identify with the Redskins logo and many have been lifelong fans BECAUSE they identified with the image and the fact that it was such a quality organization with a great legacy. Along come the Wokesters and corporate appeasers like FedEx jumping on the SJW bandwagon to save the day. I wonder if they will offer the Native American Redskins fans some re-education training so they understand why they should have been offended.

"The Washington Post did not publish the full results of the survey, so we do not know what percentage of respondents offered each response, but regarding the word “proud,” the Washington Post reports that “most of the survey’s respondents felt that way.”

That's dubious at best. Be done with it, get rid of the Redskins name. The time has come. Get with the program.
The Washington Post says that most of the respondents felt proud of the name.....and yet you still question it.

The Washington Post is run by hard core liberals.....and if they had to admit that most Native-Americans felt a sense of pride in the name Redskins....then you can bet that many of the positive responses have been ignored.

I am part Cherokee and I've never had a problem with the name.

God bless you always!!!

Holly
All of us were indigenous at first. I bet there is more than one name you wouldn't like to be called.
At the end of the day, I would just be glad that I wasn't ignored completely. I know how it feels to be left out.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Getting called names isn't the worst thing that can happen to a person anyways.

And down they go! :dunno:

People don't learn from what happened with The Sports Authority and The Boy Scouts.
They cave/lend support to the commies, it makes Americans mad, and that's it for them! Done!
Meh. Target, Disney, and all the major companies are liberal friendly. Seems to be working fine. What device are you posting from? Bet they are liberal.

The logo looks cool. Just change the name from a slur and keep it all the same. Seems the cheapest and easiest option.

You might be surprised to learn that the first, and maybe the second season of M*A*S*H* featured another doctor in the swamp with Hawkeye and Trapper John. It was a black doctor, nicknamed...Spear Chucker! That was 1972 or 73.
Spearchucker Jones. :)

"Hey Redskins, smooth move--officially changing your name to "Washington Football Team." Know who agrees with me? My brother, whose name is "Brother," and my dog, whose name is "Dog."" - Acerbic Ann Coulter

Forum List

Back