Mortimer started his theology course

Mortimer

Gold Member
Sep 29, 2010
Speedy Gonzales
It is called "theology distance course" after you finish (it is 5 Semester) you can do some church jobs, but not priest. To be a priest you need a theology diploma from a catholic university. You can be Diakon though, or Pastoralassistent, or Seelsorger at a hospital.

Kursdauer
Zusendung von Skripten: 5 Semester
Durchschnittliche Dauer bis zum Abschluss aller Prüfungen:
ca. 6 Semester

Prüfungen
In allen Fächern sind Prüfungsgespräche vorgesehen: Sie gehören zum Kursgeschehen und sind eine Chance, sich mit den Inhalten intensiver auseinander zu setzen. Es steht Ihnen frei, dieses Angebot zu nutzen.

Kursabschluss
Wenn Sie alle Prüfungen abgelegt haben, erhalten Sie ein Zeugnis, das für einige kirchliche Ausbildungen anerkannt wird (Diakonat, PastoralassistentIn, JugendleiterIn, Krankenhausseelsorge).

TheologischeKurseBrief.jpg

It is called "theology distance course" after you finish (it is 5 Semester) you can do some church jobs, but not priest. To be a priest you need a theology diploma from a catholic university. You can be Diakon though, or Pastoralassistent, or Seelsorger at a hospital.

Kursdauer
ca. 6 Semester

Prüfungen
In allen Fächern sind Prüfungsgespräche vorgesehen: Sie gehören zum Kursgeschehen und sind eine Chance, sich mit den Inhalten intensiver auseinander zu setzen. Es steht Ihnen frei, dieses Angebot zu nutzen.

Kursabschluss
Wenn Sie alle Prüfungen abgelegt haben, erhalten Sie ein Zeugnis, das für einige kirchliche Ausbildungen anerkannt wird (Diakonat, PastoralassistentIn, JugendleiterIn, Krankenhausseelsorge).

View attachment 385815
Good luck, Mort.

Kursdauer
ca. 6 Semester

Prüfungen

Kursabschluss

View attachment 385815
Good luck, Mort.

Thanks. I signed and payed the entry fee. It is very small amount compared to what you guys pay in the US though. It is only 150 € for Semester. And it is 5 Semesters. They start sending out the scripts mid november and I already know that in July 2021 I will be one week in a study building in carinthia. You have two times eatch one week study presence. Where you are one week at a study building or house.

Kursdauer
ca. 6 Semester

Prüfungen

Kursabschluss

View attachment 385815
Good luck, Mort.

Thanks. I signed and payed the entry fee. It is very small amount compared to what you guys pay in the US though. It is only 150 € for Semester. And it is 5 Semesters. They start sending out the scripts mid november and I already know that in July 2021 I will be one week in a study building in carinthia. You have two times eatch one week study presence. Where you are one week at a study building or house.
You're welcome, and again, good luck.

That sounds interesting Mortimer!

Could you be a chaplin in the military or in a hospital after you're done with the course? Could you preform exorcisms on haunted houses and such?

That sounds interesting Mortimer!

Could you be a chaplin in the military or in a hospital after you're done with the course? Could you preform exorcisms on haunted houses and such?

I could be a Deacon, a chaplin in hospital too yes. But I think I couldnt be a Priest. But Im not sure, because every Priest is first a Deacon, then gets ordinated as Priest so if I can be deacon maybe I afterwards need some more courses and can be Priest but there are also deacons who are always deacons never become Priests and they can even be married.

Do you have a calling to be a man of the cloth?

I don't think I could stand it personally...but I have great respect for those that do!

Do you have a calling to be a man of the cloth?

I don't think I could stand it personally...but I have great respect for those that do!

I think I do. I came early in contact with the faith. When I came to Austria 1990 I went to elementary school. I was in catholic religious education and I went to first communion. I remember on the first communion I had tears, I think that touched me and I got a "new heart" the bible says to be a believer you need a "new heart" and I think crying and tears come from the heart. It really touched my heart. Then I got as gift from the church a pictorial illustrated childrens Bible. I read it plenty of times up and down and really loved. Thats why I still remember what is written in the Bible and can quote it. When I was 20 I seeked studying theology, I considered but I started law school. Afterwards I always came back to that, to consider it again. So maybe I really have a calling.

This is all incredibly interesting and fascinating to me, although I cannot understand much German. Perhaps you can read Martin Luther's German translation of the Bible from 1534, almost 500 years ago! Can you read German that old?

Aside from that, I myself am not welcome at all at any of the major establishments of religion these days. There is a covert form of excommunication going on from the Roman Catholic Church, throughout all other Christian denominations including Lutheran and other Protestant. Secret orders are passed down from the Vatican, and intelligence is gathered through forced confession.

I have written the Priestseminary in Salzburg and got a reply. I might have a chance to enter the Priestseminary. The Regens, that is the boss of the Priestseminary in Salzburg said he would be open for a interview with me, but it needs to be in Salzburg. Im happy. Of course I dont know If I will pass the interview and make a impression. But after the Lockdown or when the Corona Restrictions are lifted I might have a interview with the Regens in Salzburg. That is something else then what I study now. I study a distance theology course, but in Salzburg I would live in a seminary building and all that, I would be really a priest seminarian. After I completed the distance theology course I cant be priest, only chaplain for example.

Forum List

Back