More idiocy from Rev. Jeb Bush

It's hard, no, it's unimaginable that people in this world in this day and age has thoughts like Gabriella84. You don't know whether to feel sorry for them, laugh at them, try to get them some kind of help, or just try to keep them away from your own kids so they won't hear crazy thoughts like that. You work hard trying to educate your kids and teach them the right things to do and then someone like this comes along and fills their heads with all this crazy stuff. It makes one wonder where and how they learned this stuff and how it got stuck in the heads in the first place. I think it is a "I" and "me" thing with no regards what so ever for family and/or society.

Merlin said:
It's hard, no, it's unimaginable that people in this world in this day and age has thoughts like Gabriella84. You don't know whether to feel sorry for them, laugh at them, try to get them some kind of help, or just try to keep them away from your own kids so they won't hear crazy thoughts like that. You work hard trying to educate your kids and teach them the right things to do and then someone like this comes along and fills their heads with all this crazy stuff. It makes one wonder where and how they learned this stuff and how it got stuck in the heads in the first place. I think it is a "I" and "me" thing with no regards what so ever for family and/or society.
Oprah Winfrey syndrome

Merlin, I would wager that these are people who grew up with no moral training or teaching whatsoever in the home. Definitely they were not exposed to the teachings of the Bible or Christianity. In all likelihood, the parents were products of the dropout hippie culture. The sins of omission of parenthood do bear fruit, but not the kind that is good for society as a whole. I am sure you know what I mean.

Gabriella84 said:
I went through 12 years of public school education and was never subject to any "homosexual teachings and agendas." I was corrupted by the despicable "abstinence only" sex education practices. I don't recall hearing anything about homosexuality. No one ever taught me that it was deviant and wrong, so perhaps that is what you are referring to.

Did you get pregnant during those 12 years of public school education?

Also....I would favor any program that taught morality and family values. How about finding one that didn't mention ANY religion?

I tell you what is wrong with that. If a school started a program teaching morality and family values, without labeling any religion to it, someone (probably the ACLU) would jump in and call it Faith-Based; even though there is no mention of any kind of faith.

There is an up-surge of religious bashing when it comes to anything that remotely sounds like Christianity. Why? Because our President has no problem talking about his Christian beliefs.

I find it absolutely amazing and so very, very sad that things have progressed to the point where you can't mention God in school but you can mention Islam (or any other religion).

If you are going to say no religion, then it needs to be NO religion.

Adam's Apple said:
Merlin, I would wager that these are people who grew up with no moral training or teaching whatsoever in the home. Definitely they were not exposed to the teachings of the Bible or Christianity. In all likelihood, the parents were products of the dropout hippie culture. The sins of omission of parenthood do bear fruit, but not the kind that is good for society as a whole. I am sure you know what I mean.

My parents both have college degrees (how about yours?). My sister and I were introduced to the basic tenets of organized religion and were told it was our choice whether to accept them or not.
Exposure to the teachings of Christianity from birth onward does not keep girls from getting pregnant or boys from getting into trouble. In fact, the more you lean on kids, the more they tend to rebel. You can test this with your own experiences if you have older children. I am sure the large majority of parents out there raised their children in strong Christian-based households. Did they turn out perfect?

Gabriella84 said:
My parents both have college degrees (how about yours?). My sister and I were introduced to the basic tenets of organized religion and were told it was our choice whether to accept them or not.
Exposure to the teachings of Christianity from birth onward does not keep girls from getting pregnant or boys from getting into trouble. In fact, the more you lean on kids, the more they tend to rebel. You can test this with your own experiences if you have older children. I am sure the large majority of parents out there raised their children in strong Christian-based households. Did they turn out perfect?

What were those "basic tenets?"

Since Jeb is Catholic, he wouldn't be called a Reverand would he? She can't even get that part right... shows her contempt for ANYTHING moral.

GotZoom said:
What were those "basic tenets?"
Horrible things like "love thy neighbor".

(she only wants to love them if they have a big yacht she can sail on. Anything else is "beneath" her.)

I was taught that there was such a thing as organized religion. My parents are Presbyterian. They taught us about love and respect. We were never forced to attend religious services.

Gabriella84 said:
I was taught that there was such a thing as organized religion. My parents are Presbyterian. They taught us about love and respect. We were never forced to attend religious services.

You are being careful because you know where this is going...

What did your parents teach you as you grew up? Not that there is this religion and that religion...

what did they teach you about treating other people, respect, playing nice with others, doing your best, and yes...about sex....

Surely they just didn't leave you to the streets to make ALL the decisions; I'm sure they gave you some guidance.

What was that guidance?

Gabriella84 said:
My Dad went to the first grade. My Mom taught him to read after they were married with her 5th grade education.
I have a 9th grade education in a formal setting. I received my GED in service and when I got out started improving on it. I became a Maintenance Superintendent and worked as high as 600 people at a time. Yes, my 5 kids turned out perfect. I raised them as I was raised. Rebel? My kids, yes the girls too, were too scared to rebel or even think about getting pregnant. They didn't want a 2X4 up side their head. They don't go to church as much now as I would like, but they all have some of the highest morals of anyone I know. They love and respect their parents and respect everyone that earns their respect.

Merlin said:
My Dad went to the first grade. My Mom taught him to read after they were married with her 5th grade education.
I have a 9th grade education in a formal setting. I received my GED in service and when I got out started improving on it. I became a Maintenance Superintendent and worked as high as 600 people at a time. Yes, my 5 kids turned out perfect. I raised them as I was raised. Rebel? My kids, yes the girls too, were too scared to rebel or even think about getting pregnant. They didn't want a 2X4 up side their head. They don't go to church as much now as I would like, but they all have some of the highest morals of anyone I know. They love and respect their parents and respect everyone that earns their respect.

For someone who claims to have a limited formal education...well you do very well expressing your thoughts...much better than G84...you should be awarded a PHD from the "College of Hard Knocks" and your parents did a great job on you...kudos my friend! :usa:

Gabriella84 said:
My parents both have college degrees (how about yours?).
A prime example of the elitist mentality fomented by those on the left.

She claims she cares about people, yet she then wants to denigrate anybody that might not have come from a fortunate background. She makes me nauseous.

freeandfun1 said:
A prime example of the elitist mentality fomented by those on the left.

She claims she cares about people, yet she then wants to denigrate anybody that might not have come from a fortunate background. She makes me nauseous.

S'ok.. Those who come from a "fortunate" background usually have little to offer society, and know nothing about survival.. If someone takes their "fortune" away, they'll pretty much die. Pretty useless, if you ask me..

Gabriella84 said:
I went through 12 years of public school education and was never subject to any "homosexual teachings and agendas." I was corrupted by the despicable "abstinence only" sex education practices. I don't recall hearing anything about homosexuality. No one ever taught me that it was deviant and wrong, so perhaps that is what you are referring to.

Yeah Heaven forbid you actually LIVE your religion and remain chaste before marriage and faithful afterwards. That is such a horrible lesson to teach children. How dare Christians suggest they have self respect and integrity and not encourage lots and lots of sexual contact with the illusion of safety like everyone else.

Merlin said:

Just read the signature:) Thats all I can say

Gabriella84 said:
My parents both have college degrees (how about yours?).

Why do you assume that having a piece of paper somehow makes someone smarter? Some of the smartest people I know don't have degrees. And alot of people with degrees are some of the dumbest people in the world because they get cocky and think they know everything and end up keeping themselves from learning any more.

GotZoom said:
You are being careful because you know where this is going...

What did your parents teach you as you grew up? Not that there is this religion and that religion...

what did they teach you about treating other people, respect, playing nice with others, doing your best, and yes...about sex....

Surely they just didn't leave you to the streets to make ALL the decisions; I'm sure they gave you some guidance.

What was that guidance?

Gabby....I'm waiting for your answer.

Gabriella84 said:

Gabby, having a college degree does not preclude one from being a member of the "dropout" hippie culture. I think you assumed when I used the word "dropout" that I meant from education. I was talking about dropping out from society, rebelling against its rules, regulations and authority, wanting to travel one's one path, free as a bird. There is a hippie commune about 20 miles from where I live. Many of its members have college degrees, but they are dropouts from society. They can't see the merit of being a member of regular society where they would have to get a job, pay taxes, get legally married, etc. Too much responsibility for them to have to carry.

You are correct in saying that the large majority of parents have raised their children in strong, Christian-based households. These children did not turn out "perfect", which is not the intention, but they did turn out to be law-abiding, upstanding citizens who are mature enough to abide by the rules and regulations of society and accept the responsibilities that go along with such membership. I have two married daughters who were raised in a liberal college town, and neither one ever gave us a minute's trouble, so it is not impossible to raise children by society's rules, regulations and expectations and have them turn out well. The post Merlin made in response to you attests to that as well.

You should have paid attention to those Christian teachings you were exposed to in your youth. They surely could have made a difference in your life. It's still not too late.

Forum List

Back