More government = more corporatism

There is one way. Support the Article V movement.

We need states to rise up and take away Federal power. I contend the first thing to do is to impose term limits on Congress and pass some sort of balanced budget amendment. Take the $$$ away.
Shrug. One step at a time I suppose.

The articles of confederation gave states incredible power, and we saw how that ended up.

It was the same old historical tyranny on a smaller scale. The people did not need any state to lord over them following the revolution, and that is why the elites/aristocrats got scared and created the constitution.

Depends upon whether governmental actions, pushback, policies, protections, and checks/balances serve the interests of society at large, or merely the aristocracy. But yeah, "both" the "left" and "right" are on the same team and society is being cannibalized.

Government actions almost never serve the society at large. They always serve the interests of one group at the expense of another.

There's always anarchy and the law of the jungle I suppose.

We need states to rise up and take away Federal power. I contend the first thing to do is to impose term limits on Congress and pass some sort of balanced budget amendment. Take the $$$ away.

The articles of confederation gave states incredible power, and we saw how that ended up.

It was the same old historical tyranny on a smaller scale. The people did not need any state to lord over them following the revolution, and that is why the elites/aristocrats got scared and created the constitution.

Bacon's rebellion resulted in the substantial people looking around and deciding the masses had to be divided, racially and otherwise, that common cause among the unsubstantial people was a threat to the hegemony of the aristocracy. And we see that persist today. Sadly those who can't see through partisanshit are complicit in the very thing they wail about.

Well, I would look at it as that government is the worst solution to any problem, so it should only be used when it is the only solution.

That is reliant there being problems that the government can solve to begin with.

At most, governance can effectively produce money and public goods, which should be done voluntarily anyways.

If you want to sit in a tower by yourself all day with a gun waiting to defend it from people who want to take it from you, go ahead.

More along the lines of gathering a huge army, and making the country a castle against the oppression of statism.

The reality is when you end those, you end up with clans ruling with terror like in Somalia. Then people like you and me and bripat join together to defeat them, then bam, we have government again

Big misconception.

Somalia is a destructive anocracy (many conflicting states) that formed as a result of a weak, corrupt, and unstable federal government that had recently lost three separate wars.

That is the cycle of violence in effect. States are unsustainable, and usually cause the most destruction when they finally collapse. Somalia did not collapse, but it did produce civil war and peasent revolts like all states do when they become weak.

IMO, the solution is public financing of elections. Coupled with strong anti-corruption and bribery laws and there becomes no reason for politicians to sell their votes to the highest bidder.

There is a huge misconception with anarchism.

Primarily being that without a state to be dependent on, the world descends into mobs, warlords, and bandits. This is often embellished, but there is some truth to it. That is why the revolution cannot pack up and go home as soon as the conflict ends. It needs to stay ever vigilant in defense of human rights and freedom.

This argument is also an invalid reason to oppose anarchism too, considering that states are always in constant production of mobs, warlords, and bandits. I see them all the time.

Bacon's rebellion resulted in the substantial people looking around and deciding the masses had to be divided, racially and otherwise, that common cause among the unsubstantial people was a threat to the hegemony of the aristocracy. And we see that persist today. Sadly those who can't see through partisanshit are complicit in the very thing they wail about.

Absolutely.

Most of the chaos and division in this world is perpetuated by the ruling class, because their position is always vulnerable.

There needs to be a permanent struggle between freedom loving patriots and shitheads that try to control, regulate, and condition mankind because of their own selfish power complex.

Bacon's rebellion resulted in the substantial people looking around and deciding the masses had to be divided, racially and otherwise, that common cause among the unsubstantial people was a threat to the hegemony of the aristocracy. And we see that persist today. Sadly those who can't see through partisan shit are complicit in the very thing they wail about.
Absolutely. Most of the chaos and division in this world is perpetuated by the ruling class, because their position is always vulnerable. There needs to be a permanent struggle between freedom loving patriots and shitheads that try to control, regulate, and condition mankind because of their own selfish power complex.
How did that post get attributed to me? It's not mine!

Well, I would look at it as that government is the worst solution to any problem, so it should only be used when it is the only solution.

That is reliant there being problems that the government can solve to begin with.

At most, governance can effectively produce money and public goods, which should be done voluntarily anyways.

If you want to sit in a tower by yourself all day with a gun waiting to defend it from people who want to take it from you, go ahead.

More along the lines of gathering a huge army, and making the country a castle against the oppression of statism.

The reality is when you end those, you end up with clans ruling with terror like in Somalia. Then people like you and me and bripat join together to defeat them, then bam, we have government again

Big misconception.

Somalia is a destructive anocracy (many conflicting states) that formed as a result of a weak, corrupt, and unstable federal government that had recently lost three separate wars.

That is the cycle of violence in effect. States are unsustainable, and usually cause the most destruction when they finally collapse. Somalia did not collapse, but it did produce civil war and peasent revolts like all states do when they become weak.

Note you didn't address any of the examples I provided where government is the "only" solution. All anarchists can boil your arguments down to is yes it is and no it isn't. There are way more followers in the world than independent people. For example, liberals are just going to join up and serve someone and be their army to pillage others, that's how it devolves to Somalia and clans

Depends upon whether governmental actions, pushback, policies, protections, and checks/balances serve the interests of society at large, or merely the aristocracy. But yeah, "both" the "left" and "right" are on the same team and society is being cannibalized.

And the path to getting that power is money. The candidates with the most money are the ones who sell the most influence.

As you say, it's just obvious

In reality, the populace has been sold a bill of goods. The GOP defends corporations to the death and the DNC defends big government to the death. In reality, they are both supporting and fighting different sides of the same coin as both party's laugh at them all.

You guys all have the right idea, and this is indeed a simple concept.

Why is nobody pointing this out? Most of us realize it is true, yet they continue to push their agendas to expand government, fully realizing how everything that goes through the state becomes corrupted.

It should be noted that this does not solely apply to Americans. All over the world the same bill of goods is being sold.

Mass marketed ideas require $$$$$

Now who has access to all the $$$$ I wonder?

There is no solution.

Well, there is no "solution" in the sense that you can't fix it. The more power government has, the more people will use money to influence that. But logically there is a way to minimize the damage. Minimize the size of government. The less of it there is, the less damage they can do

How can this get done? Well most people have been dumbed down to the point that they look to the President for all their answers and have no idea who else in government is in power. As a result, most of the dead heads only come out during the Presidential election, and usually only vote for the President.

This gives those in the know an opportunity to target state legislature positions who push the Article V movement. As a result, there is no need to get a mass message out there. Once enough states pass process to proceed, which we are close to obtaining, then the whole process is out of reach of the Federal government.

The problem then becomes, how do we protect the corrupting influence on the legislatures who are in charge of the proceedings?

I think you must be pretty aware that I would totally support that. That is the answer, the balance to the Federal government is the States. The idea that one arm of the Federal government (the courts) was going to keep Federal power in check was as stupid and doomed to failure as it sounds. The courts like all the Federal government gain power the more power the Federal government has

The Progressive era is what did it with the passage of the Federal Income tax amendment, among other things.

They amended the Constitution to break it, so we must fix it the same way.

Note you didn't address any of the examples I provided where government is the "only" solution.

Looking back, I cannot find those examples. Could you restate them?

I can tell you in advance that there is nothing in which the government is the only solution.

There are way more followers in the world than independent people.

I agree.

That is why there needs to be a significant culture change geared towards self sufficiency and independence.

Most people follow the status quo. If anarchism was the status quo, then most individuals would end up sheeping behind the anarchist militant groups. It happened in Spain and it happened in Ukraine.

Absolutely.

Most of the chaos and division in this world is perpetuated by the ruling class, because their position is always vulnerable.

There needs to be a permanent struggle between freedom loving patriots and shitheads that try to control, regulate, and condition mankind because of their own selfish power complex.

Agreed, the struggle is endless, a way of life, a way of being in the world as a human being; a preceptual reality that any ruling class attempts to distort via the media, "patriotism", and the confusion of religion with true spirituality which is communal in nature.

When I was a kid we had bomb drills, "cold war" stuff. We would cower under our desks upon command. Even as a kid I understood this had nothing at all to do with safety, it was about thought control and instillation of fear of the other, of another way of looking at the world. The Islamists perform that function for the power structure now.

Why is nobody pointing this out? Most of us realize it is true, yet they continue to push their agendas to expand government, fully realizing how everything that goes through the state becomes corrupted.

It should be noted that this does not solely apply to Americans. All over the world the same bill of goods is being sold.

There is no solution.

Well, there is no "solution" in the sense that you can't fix it. The more power government has, the more people will use money to influence that. But logically there is a way to minimize the damage. Minimize the size of government. The less of it there is, the less damage they can do

How can this get done? Well most people have been dumbed down to the point that they look to the President for all their answers and have no idea who else in government is in power. As a result, most of the dead heads only come out during the Presidential election, and usually only vote for the President.

This gives those in the know an opportunity to target state legislature positions who push the Article V movement. As a result, there is no need to get a mass message out there. Once enough states pass process to proceed, which we are close to obtaining, then the whole process is out of reach of the Federal government.

The problem then becomes, how do we protect the corrupting influence on the legislatures who are in charge of the proceedings?

I think you must be pretty aware that I would totally support that. That is the answer, the balance to the Federal government is the States. The idea that one arm of the Federal government (the courts) was going to keep Federal power in check was as stupid and doomed to failure as it sounds. The courts like all the Federal government gain power the more power the Federal government has

The Progressive era is what did it with the passage of the Federal Income tax amendment, among other things.

No one in power is giving that up without violence in the streets. Can't fund the empire and endless war otherwise.

Agreed, the struggle is endless, a way of life, a way of being in the world as a human being; a preceptual reality that any ruling class attempts to distort via the media, "patriotism", and the confusion of religion with true spirituality which is communal in nature.

When I was a kid we had bomb drills, "cold war" stuff. We would cower under our desks upon command. Even as a kid I understood this had nothing at all to do with safety, it was about thought control and instillation of fear of the other, of another way of looking at the world. The Islamists preform that function for the power structure now.

Amen.

The inexplicable struggle for freedom and peace defines the human condition. You could cast aside that flaming spirit and live a relatively peaceful and content life, but that pain will never go away.

You are also spot on about the human spirit being distorted with religion. Interestingly enough, many organized religions actually voice that confusion, like with the holy spirit in regards to Christianity.

Most who know how evil and deluded the state is, often become hopeless and complacent with their oppressed reality. Even mainstream libertarians just seem like empty shells pushing for empty solutions.

I believe there may come a day when lovers of true freedom will dominate the power hegemony, and those that seek to oppress will be squaloring in dirt. Many believe that makes me batshit crazy, but I would rather be batshit crazy than a willing slave.

There is no solution.

Even worse than the income tax were the 17th amendment and FDR's threat to stack the court with new justices if they didn't give up on enforcing the 10th amendment. Those are what removed any and all checks and balances to Federal power

There is no solution.

Even worse than the income tax were the 17th amendment and FDR's threat to stack the court with new justices if they didn't give up on enforcing the 10th amendment. Those are what removed any and all checks and balances to Federal power

Couldn't agree more and .a.prime reason i.call fdr a fascist.

Note you didn't address any of the examples I provided where government is the "only" solution.

Looking back, I cannot find those examples. Could you restate them?

Post #15

I can tell you in advance that there is nothing in which the government is the only solution.

There are way more followers in the world than independent people.

I agree.

That is why there needs to be a significant culture change geared towards self sufficiency and independence.

Most people follow the status quo. If anarchism was the status quo, then most individuals would end up sheeping behind the anarchist militant groups. It happened in Spain and it happened in Ukraine.

Followers don't want the "status quo," they want to be told what to do. Look at how in such a huge and diverse country, the vast majority of citizens agree with one party or the other on almost every position and justify it with the reasons given by the party they follow. You can't train those who want to be dependent to want to be independent

Yes, and you clearly are one of the few who actually know what fascist means to point that out

Fascism is one of those things I believe you need to self identify with, since Benito Mussolini made fascism out as being more religious than political.

All for the state. Nothing against the state.

That is how the US operates now, whether you are liberal or conservative.

Forum List

Back