More evidence for human evolution

Interesting. Not a single comment or question on the OP. Why is that?

Because all you did is your typical cut and paste. No comment or observation from you. Other than a few hard liners, most everyone agrees with evolution, even the Catholic Church.

So, you are merely engaging in mental masturbation for whatever ego stroking you think you need.

Why waste your time arguing with people who will never change their mind?:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Because some people do change their minds. Because without scientific education, we would all still be living in caves.

Not the people you're attacking on this board. There is no amount of cut and pasting you can do that would change their minds. None.

If YOU were to make the attempt to change minds by engaging in civil discourse you might be able to, but that requires a great deal of patience.

Because all you did is your typical cut and paste. No comment or observation from you. Other than a few hard liners, most everyone agrees with evolution, even the Catholic Church.

So, you are merely engaging in mental masturbation for whatever ego stroking you think you need.

Why waste your time arguing with people who will never change their mind?:cuckoo::cuckoo:

Because some people do change their minds. Because without scientific education, we would all still be living in caves.

Not the people you're attacking on this board. There is no amount of cut and pasting you can do that would change their minds. None.

If YOU were to make the attempt to change minds by engaging in civil discourse you might be able to, but that requires a great deal of patience.

It is true that the probability of my changing the minds of those I engage here is low, but others read these forums who might be sitting on the fence. And so it certainly is important to present the evidence so everyone can have the opportunity to make up their own minds. In other words, I don't do it necessarily to change the minds of those who will never change their minds.

I am even more sick of hearing from idiots that think they understand evolution enough to use it to attack people who believe in God and still accept science. For instance, did you know that orogenicman, despite the fact that he claims to be a geologist who has found a couple of fossils, actually thinks that natural selection guides evolution?

LOL. Well, if the change in the DNA gives rise to traits that are a hinderance to your survival in the environment that you exist in, natural selection will definately remove those traits from the general population.

Yes, natural selection does guide evolution. Your statement simply gives evidence that you have zero understanding of the evolutionary processes at any depth.

No it will not.

The simple proof of that is that people with allergies, a trait which is adverse to survival, continue to be born, live, and even reproduce.

But, please, keep telling yourself you know more about evolution than I do.

Because civil society does not let nature take it's course with allergy sufferers :cuckoo:

It is true that the probability of my changing the minds of those I engage here is low, but others read these forums who might be sitting on the fence. And so it certainly is important to present the evidence so everyone can have the opportunity to make up their own minds. In other words, I don't do it necessarily to change the minds of those who will never change their minds.

And if that is your desire then you have to do the work. Cut and paste ain't going to cut it with the fence sitters. That's my point. Fence sitters need to be educated properly. That takes time and effort.

And if that is your desire then you have to do the work. Cut and paste ain't going to cut it with the fence sitters. That's my point. Fence sitters need to be educated properly. That takes time and effort.

This is an informal forum, westy. People can choose to read what I post, or they can ignore it. That's their choice. They can take it or leave it. Either way, I could care less about your opinion of what time and effort you think I need to make.

This is an informal forum, westy. People can choose to read what I post, or they can ignore it. That's their choice. They can take it or leave it. Either way, I could care less about your opinion of what time and effort you think I need to make.

Yes it is an informal forum. However you just said that you wished to change peoples minds by posting what you did. Either you truly wish to engage in legit discussion or you just want to splash paint on the wall and hope someone reads it and understands it.

One method will accomplish something....the other will get painted over.

Yes it is an informal forum. However you just said that you wished to change peoples minds by posting what you did. Either you truly wish to engage in legit discussion or you just want to splash paint on the wall and hope someone reads it and understands it.

One method will accomplish something....the other will get painted over.

What part of "I could care less about your opinion of what time and effort you think I need to make" did you not understand?

What part of "I could care less about your opinion of what time and effort you think I need to make" did you not understand?

what part of "you have failed to engage in the debate and thus lost" did you not understand?......

What debate, where? There is no debate. Evolution is an established fact. The theory of evolution is the well established scientific explanation for the fact of evolution. I know that cramps your style, but tough shit. Get over it already.

what part of "you have failed to engage in the debate and thus lost" did you not understand?......

What debate, where? There is no debate. Evolution is an established fact. The theory of evolution is the well established scientific explanation for the fact of evolution. I know that cramps your style, but tough shit. Get over it already.

The debate you claimed you wished to undertake to educate the non-believers. THAT debate.

Really, you're not very good at this are you... And for the record, evolution is an established THEORY. Facts are used to support the theory. I thought you knew how science worked...

The debate you claimed you wished to undertake to educate the non-believers. THAT debate.

Really, you're not very good at this are you... And for the record, evolution is an established THEORY. Facts are used to support the theory. I thought you knew how science worked...

You are confusing my desire to educate people about the theory of evolution with a desire to debate creationists about the fact of evolution. And make no mistake, the theory of evolution is a scientific explanation for the well established fact of evolution in exactly the same way that the theory of flight explains the fact of flight.

You are confusing my desire to educate people about the theory of evolution with a desire to debate creationists about the fact of evolution. And make no mistake, the theory of evolution is a scientific explanation for the well established fact of evolution in exactly the same way that the theory of flight explains the fact of flight.

You make a claim, and then expend no effort whatsoever. And you don't see the problem inherent in that methodology. I hate to break it to you, but the people who could learn wish to debate the pro's and cons, the creationists couldn't give a damn.

So you fail in both cases.

You make a claim, and then expend no effort whatsoever. And you don't see the problem inherent in that methodology. I hate to break it to you, but the people who could learn wish to debate the pro's and cons, the creationists couldn't give a damn.

So you fail in both cases.

What claim do you think I am making? Evolution has been an established fact for at least 150 years. That you apparently believe I must rehash established fact in order for it to be true is rather silly and naïve.

Last edited:
Most people, including creationists, believe evolution happened. You single out biblical literalists to argue with. They won't change their minds any more than you will. You can't prove how life or the universe happened so this is how you let off steam. It's hardly scholarly or scientific. I just wonder if you are being funded with public dollars, that would be a shame.

Most people, including creationists, believe evolution happened. You single out biblical literalists to argue with. They won't change their minds any more than you will. You can't prove how life or the universe happened so this is how you let off steam. It's hardly scholarly or scientific. I just wonder if you are being funded with public dollars, that would be a shame.

God of the gaps argument. Next.

Forum List

Back