More economic good news: Economy adds 223,000 jobs, unemployment drops to 5.3%

If you want to sound intelligent or that you know what you're talking about (and I don't know if you care whether or not you come across as foolish and ignorant) then perhaps you should actually learn what you're talking about before saying anything.

If you want to continue being a horses ass then carry on. leave me out it. thanks
or you'll go where the rest of asses on here go. ignore
Poor, steph. I'm amazed there are any Liberals who are not on your ignore list.

"Let's roll!"
poor faun, she wished to getting paid to post.
Nah, it's more fun gloating how Obama has gotten us to full employment while his predecessor, whom the right voted for, led us into the worst recession since the Great Depression. :thup:

And btw, I'm a dude.

RW is just a hypocrite joke to me now, thinking he will be the first person I have ever put on ignore in the 14 years or so I have been on forums.

That would break my heart

Please, please, reconsider
so you admit you are a paid poster and all this is a game to you.

Check, well bookmarked

I have never denied being a paid messageboard poster.

Why would anyone read your shit for free?
God Damn you are a paid whore and proud of it?

Holy crap, how low will liberals go to make a buck?

Next thing you will tell us you sucked guys dick off for $5 bucks
Who says he paid?

If you want to sound intelligent or that you know what you're talking about (and I don't know if you care whether or not you come across as foolish and ignorant) then perhaps you should actually learn what you're talking about before saying anything.

If you want to continue being a horses ass then carry on. leave me out it. thanks

"Let's roll!"
Nah, it's more fun gloating how Obama has gotten us to full employment while his predecessor, whom the right voted for, led us into the worst recession since the Great Depression. :thup:

And btw, I'm a dude.

RW is just a hypocrite joke to me now, thinking he will be the first person I have ever put on ignore in the 14 years or so I have been on forums.

Check, well bookmarked

Being a paid messageboard poster is a noble profession. It takes years of training and only the creme of the crop survive

God knows, chicks dig paid messageboard posters and I do have my groupies, but it is not all fame and fortune. You have to spend day after day reading inane conservative drivel and have to pretend these posters are anything but morons

Thats the funny part....they simultaneously crow about unemployment numbers while trying to excoriate Congress for no new jobs bill.....which if their numbers are correct you dont need

The thread title is inaccurate. Here's the correct one:

Increasingly desperate progressives misuse employment statistics in order to mask the Epic Fail of Obamanomics.

432,000 people dropped out of the Labor Force - that's nearly double the amount that found jobs. The Labor Force Participation Rate dropped from 62.9% in May to 62.6% in June....the lowest rate since 1977.

Yep. like I said earlier. under a Republican. 200, 000 jobs they would be calling it a FAILURE

If that is the case....what do you call LOSING 700,000 jobs a month?

Something that happens in a Recession combined with a Government Manufactured Financial shock.

But we're supposed to be in the Obama Recovery now. The Recession ended in 2009.

Where are the jobs?

Something like 8 million jobs have been added since the end of the Great Bush Recession of 2008

The question is...what ever happened to all those "trickle down jobs" we were supposed to get from Reaganomics?

Increasingly desperate progressives misuse employment statistics in order to mask the Epic Fail of Obamanomics.

432,000 people dropped out of the Labor Force - that's nearly double the amount that found jobs. The Labor Force Participation Rate dropped from 62.9% in May to 62.6% in June....the lowest rate since 1977.

Yep. like I said earlier. under a Republican. 200, 000 jobs they would be calling it a FAILURE

Something that happens in a Recession combined with a Government Manufactured Financial shock.

But we're supposed to be in the Obama Recovery now. The Recession ended in 2009.

Where are the jobs?
They're here...

latest_numbers_CES0500000001_2005_2015_all_period_M06_data.gif

"Let's roll!"

And btw, I'm a dude.

Check, well bookmarked

lol
RW and FAUN are in there somewhere. they have nothing so they still throw up something said over a year ago. good grief how sad and pathetic
Thanks for revealing I'm not really on ignore. If I were, you wouldn't have seen that reference from a year ago in my post. :ack-1:

Funny how rightards didn't even know about that chart until Obama became president, idn't it? :dunno:

translation for us common folk~ I am a ignorant college kid with No wisdom, naa naaa naa na, I can't debate the topic except kill the messenger

Another tard liberal
I love the irony that you are doing exactly what you're claiiming I did. Would you like to discuss what the numbers mean? I used to do it for a living.
So now dealing with me, you want to sound educated?
I am educated...I was pointing out that Stephanie is not educated in these matters. And it makes her look foolish to post numbers when she doesn't understand what they mean. Do you disagree?
steph, has wisdom, which you clearly don't have. God Damn it just because she can't express her self and be graded on it in your world don't mean she is wrong.
She made a false statement. She claimed that there were 93 million not working. The correct number is 101 million, and that's not including people in prison or another intstitution.

In YOUR OPINION, did she understand what the 93 million represents?

All you are telling me you are being an ignorant prick.
But that doesn't make me wrong.

Where are the jobs?

Something like 8 million jobs have been added since the end of the Great Bush Recession of 2008

The question is...what ever happened to all those "trickle down jobs" we were supposed to get from Reaganomics?

And the Civilian Population increased by 16M, so the ratio of jobs to population growth is only 50%.

That is DISMAL.

Where are the jobs?

And the Civilian Population increased by 16M, so the ratio of jobs to population growth is only 50%.

That is DISMAL.

George W Bush added only one million jobs in eight years

If eight million jobs added is DISMAL, what would you call jobs growth under Republicans?

yeah sure it did. and before Obambam leaves we'll be a 0%. you can count on it

all on a piddly: 200, 000 jobs. That should whittle down those 93MILLION out of work

because he's blocking the BUILDING OF A STADIUM and the jobs it would bring all because of a NAME of a football team.

mark my words, watch it drop 1% every MONTH up until the elections. lol

Steph, do you wake up each morning and curse the image in the mirror? Your anger has grown much worse in the past few months.

Where are the jobs?

That is DISMAL.

Your calculations reveal your level of desperation. I have never seen someone use population increases in order to degrade good employment numbers, What will you use next? Maybe you can point out that the economy is not improving as much as it appears because....Obama is left handed! WOW! Maybe you can use that logic next time the economy improves.

Where are the jobs?

Here's THE MATH that shows the Success of Reaganomics vs. the Epic Fail of Obamanomics:

RVO4.jpg

At a similar point in his Presidency, Reagan created 12.3M Employed with an increase in the Civilian Population of 13.3M. 92% of the people entering the workforce became employed. By the time Reagan left office, that ratio was 104%!

At this point in the Obama Presidency, The Won has created 6.6M Employed for an increase in the Civilian Population of 16.1M. That's a ratio of only 41%.

And thus we see the Enormous Success of Reaganism vs. the Epic Fail of Obamanomics.

The End.

Last edited:
432,000 people dropped out of the Labor Force - that's nearly double the amount that found jobs. .
What are you talking about? You know you can't compare the two different surveys. The Current Employment Statistics show a gain of 223,000 jobs and the Current Population Survey shows a loss of 56,000 employed. You can't compare the two.

Where are the jobs?

That is DISMAL.

George W Bush added only one million jobs in eight years

If eight million jobs added is DISMAL, what would you call jobs growth under Republicans?

Bush isn't Reagan, moron.

Where are the jobs?

That is DISMAL.

Your calculations reveal your level of desperation. I have never seen someone use population increases in order to degrade good employment numbers, What will you use next? Maybe you can point out that the economy is not improving as much as it appears because....Obama is left handed! WOW! Maybe you can use that logic next time the economy improves.

Of course you can't handle MATH!

A Very Interesting bit of Math:

The Civilian population increased by 208K
The amount of people who dropped out of the workforce is 432K
The total of these two figures is 640K

Those Not In The Labor Force increased by 640K

Civ Pop Increase + Drop Outs = Total decrease in the Labor Force

Well, yeah, that's an identity. Labor Force plus Not in the Labor Force = Population. So the change in labor force plus the change in not in the labor force will always equal the change in population.

This means that the economy didn't create one new job for the increased population.
I'm not clear on what you think the difference is between jobs and employment.

432,000 people dropped out of the Labor Force - that's nearly double the amount that found jobs. .
What are you talking about? You know you can't compare the two different surveys. The Current Employment Statistics show a gain of 223,000 jobs and the Current Population Survey shows a loss of 56,000 employed. You can't compare the two.

I'm using actual data from the BLS data look up tables for my more detailed analysis - not the spin figures from the PR department.

I also used Table A-1, the Employment Situation Summary which is an exhibit to the press release.

A Very Interesting bit of Math:

The Civilian population increased by 208K
The amount of people who dropped out of the workforce is 432K
The total of these two figures is 640K

Those Not In The Labor Force increased by 640K

Civ Pop Increase + Drop Outs = Total decrease in the Labor Force

Well, yeah, that's an identity. Labor Force plus Not in the Labor Force = Population. So the change in labor force plus the change in not in the labor force will always equal the change in population.

This means that the economy didn't create one new job for the increased population.
I'm not clear on what you think the difference is between jobs and employment.

Jobs are Destroyed as well as Created. Also, with multiple part time jobs, some people are counted multiple times in the jobs creation. Three lousy part time jobs do not equal three more people beiing employed. The more realistic way to look at the stats is to look at the people who are classified as Employed.

The focus should be on Employed Individuals.

Last edited:

You really want to talk about trickle down economics RWnger?
Reagan doesn't hold a candle to Obama's continued big money taxpayer funded windfalls.
You can even throw out the initial TARP in 2008-09 if you want.
Even after that - Obama is the biggest Washington asset to big money than any other President by faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Where are the jobs?

That is DISMAL.

Of course you can't handle MATH!

You need to keep the "obama is left handed" arugument in your bag. Never know when you might need it.....:badgrin:

Forum List

Back